Black Lion Chests Poor Loot

Well, you are gonna have to take it up with the law of various countries. We all know it's gambling, but the law doesn't define it as such yet. It is a waste of time complaining about it here if the rest of the world has not caught up.

@Zeivu.3615 said:Well, you are gonna have to take it up with the law of various countries. We all know it's gambling, but the law doesn't define it as such yet. It is a waste of time complaining about it here if the rest of the world has not caught up.

What are you trying to say? Not caught up with what/whom?

I run a key farm alt once a week (turning time into a key instead of cash) and the chest always produces at least 4 items, sometimes 5 if I'm lucky. If the keys could only be purchased with cash, I suspect the "violating gambling laws" argument would carry more weight.

But since the chest does gives something of value (even the junk has value) and you can trade time or in game gold, I suspect ANET isn't too worried about your perceived RNG loss.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Zeivu.3615 said:Well, you are gonna have to take it up with the law of various countries. We all know it's gambling, but the law doesn't define it as such yet. It is a waste of time complaining about it here if the rest of the world has not caught up.

What are you trying to say? Not caught up with what/whom?

I believe they meant caught up with the current laws in most countries around the world. Only recently however has it started to get looked at by most governments, and honestly if it got regulated i think games would drop the entire concept as it would cut into their income if they suddenly had to pay even more taxes.

A couple of years ago I swear that Black Lion Chests had better drop rates. You were guaranteed to get black lion weapon scraps more frequently. It used to be fact that you could get an exclusive item within 25 keys. Black Lion gold tickets were more frequent drops as well. Then, my boyfriend and I started to notice we were just getting those stupid primer things, mini eggs or mini claim tickets, and dye kits. (if you have 500+ dyes already this is 98% a waste in more ways than one.)The worst part is when you spend real money on the keys as a "treat" for yourself. With the current exchange rate, it just isn't worth it.

Never get BLC keys thinking you'll get something specific or for a good key to gold profit. Though it may not be legally gambling (law changes slower than tech) it's the same mentality - YOU could win big. It should be you COULD win big. For every permanent access scroll or cool skin there's a zillion duds.That said if you enjoy the chance and want to support the game you enjoy playing, absolutely get some keys! You may be pleasantly surprised every once in a while.

@kharmin.7683 said:(sigh) Is this yet another RNG is gambling thread?

It sure is :)

RNG loot is RNG. How fascinating. Expect the loss when gambling. It keeps you from going crazy and in the end might even keep you from gambling at all.

People should not buy and therefor support the boxes in general, but at least accept that you're gambling and are not in any way shape or form entitled to any particular drop. That you get statuettes which let you purchase a given drop at some point in time is nice enough,