We need dynamic weather

Zackie.8923

I know we sort of have a system, as someone has linked. But I would love proper dynamic weather cycles, not just a handful that are really just part of events. It would be amazing if we occasionally got a massive rainstorm across the whole of Queensdale, or a massive downpour in DR or LA.

It could be nice to have seasons as well, have it snow over Caledon Forest in December for example, covering the whole forest in a light layer of snow or frost. (though maybe that doesn't fit with lore geographically in the world etc).

Though these things would require a lot of work, so sadly I imagine we won't end up seeing a proper full dynamic weather system.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:I know we sort of have a system, as someone has linked. But I would love proper dynamic weather cycles, not just a handful that are really just part of events. It would be amazing if we occasionally got a massive rainstorm across the whole of Queensdale, or a massive downpour in DR or LA.

It could be nice to have seasons as well, have it snow over Caledon Forest in December for example, covering the whole forest in a light layer of snow or frost. (though maybe that doesn't fit with lore geographically in the world etc).

Though these things would require a lot of work, so sadly I imagine we won't end up seeing a proper full dynamic weather system.

I'd love to have seasons as well, however I agree, it'd be too much work probably and I think other things in the game should be priority on their list of what can change, be fixed and/or added.But one can dream that one day, we will get something as useless (for the gameplay) as seasons in the game :DAlso, I know there's changing weather but I usually don't see much of it, but when I do, I really enjoy this tiny little feature which makes the world you're in feel more alive.

It's small "useless" things like weather and night/day which helps create the world - and was one of the first things I marveled at as a new player while walking around some maps which have periodic rain. Hell, even as a seasoned player I still appreciate these features.

I think more development in things like Weather would be a welcome addition to the game.

@The Revenant.4970 said:This game already has dynamic weather...

Good grief people.

Not really in the same definition that most games, and players define dynamic weather. The way the wiki describes the dynamic weather for this game is really that it basically changes in set areas as part of an event, or as a pre to an event happening. And when this happens it's a pre set change, the location will go from weather A to weather B, not anything else, personally I'd class it as scripted weather. And of these events there are only a handful of them. In fact under 'current' the wiki lists only four weather related events, one of which is a PvP map, and one a fractal, and one is just in a tutorial instance.

What we are asking for here is dynamic weather in the form of constantly changing weather cycles, where weather can change in any part of any map, at any time just like it does in real life. And it's not just changes in the actual weather, but the intensity of it and movement of it. So snow might be gradual, then intensify and settle. A storm might start off on one side of a map and slowly drift across to the other side. Or you could be enjoying the sun then get caught in a sudden downpour that only lasts a few minutes before it suddenly clears and the sun is shining again.

This is how lots of other games handle truly dynamic weather, from GTA V to various racing games, amongst many others, all have this, as well as the other MMOs that people have mentioned here. As StandTheWall said, Skyrim is an amazingly different experience if you run it with dynamic weather. Proper, true dynamic weather would really make maps feel like a living world.

I too would much love to see some proper, noticable weather effects. The one we have now are barely recognizeable and all the same. Why only have "rain"? Why not Light rain, rain, heavy rain and showers? The ambient sounds are already great and i think they could be enhanced if given more diversity to old zones.

I mean, why have the old boring Queensdale in dry and slightly wet versions when you could have Stormy, Sunny or Windy- all changing the general feel.

As for darker nights, im going to have to say no. Currently the player characters skin glows in the dark which is extremely immersion breaking to me. Enhancing this effect would make me not want to play at night times. Could this be fixed however, i would gladly take darker nights!

IcY1c2g.jpg

Archived