Staff feels like under powered weapon

@Lumikki.1725 said:

@"flog.3485" said:“But only DPS matter in GW2.” /sMore seriously, yes, there is just no way a reasonable balance would ever occur in GW2 if supportive/healing weapons can be played as offensive damage dealers.You are in bigger event, are you using support or damage or trying swap between then all the time? Because if you are doing support, you don't do damage. Are you even gonna get any "good" reward from event if you damage was allmost none existen, because you where supporting? So, why don't players do support in event's allmost at all? Is it because support doesn't really matter that much at all in many situations, because it's really little what you can do?

I think I just answered in my own question here.

So, "But only DPS matters in GW2" isn't really much a joke, because it has half truth in it.

You do know that healing your allies you get contribution from that aswell right?

@Linken.6345 said:You do know that healing your allies you get contribution from that aswell right?

That's why I sayed half truth. :)

But still most builds are just for damage, it doesn't even matter what class you are and while people do support, it's very few who does.It's little same like why people use melee weapons, even if class is design to be range class. Is it because melee weapons damage is alot better than bows or staffs. There is allways elementalist as but what about all the rest...

@Lumikki.1725 said:

@"flog.3485" said:“But only DPS matter in GW2.” /sMore seriously, yes, there is just no way a reasonable balance would ever occur in GW2 if supportive/healing weapons can be played as offensive damage dealers.You are in bigger event, are you using support or damage or trying swap between then all the time? Because if you are doing support, you don't do damage. Are you even gonna get any "good" reward from event if you damage was allmost none existen, because you where supporting? So, why don't players do support in event's allmost at all? Is it because support doesn't really matter that much at all in many situations, because it's really little what you can do?

I think I just answered in my own question here.

So, "But only DPS matters in GW2" isn't really much a joke, because it has half truth in it.

That’s nice but GW2 has more than open world content, and as said after my post, healing actually grants participation. So no worries from OP then, unless he tries to solo everything.

yeah i haven't seen a staff in Spvp for so long.ele staff was nerfed every patch until it was non-existent.the same thing happened with thief staff, with energy costs going up and up every patch until it became so impractical.and for the other classes there are simply better options.

i can imagine they still have their place in WvW and PvE, but for Spvp they're pretty much non-existent

I'm writing from the perspective of a PvE Necromancer.Staff is actually a mediocre weapon for some PvE builds. I'm using a Viper hybrid CDPS/condition transfer build and the 4th skill allows me to do about the same DPS compared to a Greatsword. I sometimes change my Greatsword with Staff depending on range, I made presets for them.It's not good enough tho, auto-attack projectile needs to have a better velocity. The staff had some bleeding stack nerfs in the past, they should be reverted at least for PvE aspect. I personally don't care about DPS in open world because Necro has other perks like tankiness and survivability. If you don't die or go into downed state, you deal more damage eventually and solo most of the group events. Same for fractals. But if you wanna join Raids, then you can't satisfy perfectionist people there. There should be a Raw DPS build/option for Necromancers comparable to other classes to be useful in Raids. (ofc. by sacrificing something) We had Epidemic Necros in raids but they instantly got nerfed.

@Hoover.6394 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Well, to be fair to a point I guess, a daredevil is literally whacking you with that stick whereas other staff wielders are just using the staff as an implement for their magic.

But all spell casting weapons are used for implement their magic, even some physical weapon do, no reason they can’t bring high dps.The reason why ele staff is so bad is because it used to be OP, so it kept being nerfed over and over again, until it was OP no longer. I'm sure it could have been done in such a way where it wouldn't be a clearly inferior choice now, but that would require a lot more precision with balancing that Anet is known for.