Upcomming balance changes for Necromancer

LucianDK.8615

@Taril.8619 said:

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:Yeah, signets really got nerfed pretty bad this patch. Locust got a buff, but the rest...

ANet logic:

"No-one's using Signets or Signets of Suffering because they're not strong enough"

"Lets nerf them!"

Just in case people haven't realized it ... the change to SoS is to encourage use of shroud ... like LOTS of the other changes to necro in the last 2 years. So if you are trying to rationalize this change, don't do it from a performance perspective. #themebasedchanges

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:Yeah, signets really got nerfed pretty bad this patch. Locust got a buff, but the rest...

ANet logic:

"No-one's using Signets or Signets of Suffering because they're not strong enough"

"Lets nerf them!"

Just in case people haven't realized it ... the change to SoS is to encourage use of shroud ... like LOTS of the other changes to necro in the last 2 years. So if you are trying to rationalize this change, don't do it from a performance perspective. #themebasedchanges

I think Warhorn and Focus reworks was themed based changes too, it was clear seeing what they wrote in the patch note.

I’m not really sure about SoS anyway, it wouldn’t surprise me if they wanted to slightly nerf the trait “after” moving it from Grandmaster to Master tier. Anyway, there was different ways to nerf the trait, and probably for “theme” reasons they chose the removal of the enhancement outside of Shroud.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:I'm on SC's discord server and people are obviously testing out the new changes. As far as power Reaper goes, they managed to get as high as 33.4k.

Interesting. I do wonder what caused the bump upwards for pve Reapers. If theres a new skill/trait combination that now is better.Likewise I am wondering for pve dps Scourges, though they still seeem locked into having epidemic and blood is power. But with selfShade back, you have more reach.

Maybe mostly the cooldown reduction on Wells and the new Well of Darkness, and a slightly modified rotation.

@Methuselah.4376 said:I'm on SC's discord server and people are obviously testing out the new changes. As far as power Reaper goes, they managed to get as high as 33.4k.

Yes, but it's super hard to do. I'm really wondering, how they got the 45k opening burst. If I do the same rotation, I get to 38-39k opening, maybe that's because of poorly chosen keyboard layout. But I'm waiting for the video to see what I do wrong.In my opinion this rotation is much harder to play than dragon hunter.And there's still the problem that it's still 10% behind in damage compared to 95% of the other classes builds.

The next buff that I suggest that might help a lot is an additional ~10% crit modifier on a trait that you choose right now, to critcap while out of shroud.

And the other huge problem of the build: lifeforce when enemy is below 50% and there's no adds.On the golem rotation (4m hp) you will notice, that you're almost out of lifeforce after the second shroud rotation below enemy 50%

But I played the build yesterday on sabetha in my static and I don't really know what happened exactly, but I did 2k more dps than I normally do on my dragon hunter (group overall did 11k more than last week, I gotta look that up).And I was 4th place slightly behind a warrior, Weaver and firebrand.

BUT: only one try doesn't say a lot about it so this really needs further real situation testing. On bosses like gorse and vg (out heal tactic) this build might still be not good, because of the incoming damage.

@"Caplantare.8509" said:

Shade Skills: These have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.oh <3 <3 <3
B5MJ5P4.jpg

what they need to specify is if this means that the max cap of players hit also doubles.