Game experiance - from enjoying to boring

Dear Sir / Madam,

A very Good day and I hope that everything is going well.

I don't know to whom I can address my feedback,but I want to share my point of view as a user of your product.I started playing the game around my boyfriend who is hardcore fan of the game and I like it. I like the story ,I like the puzzles and challenges and the artwork ( special thanks to them).However ,some part of the game (HoT,PoF and LWS2-4) are extremely hard to play and I catch myself that enjoyment of playing the game is replaced by being boring ,because my character has to defend against 20+ characters,which makes it extremely difficult in some parts.For example,how do you expect one person to do Repel the Branded invasion and close the rifts fro 15 min . I am alone against more than 20 brandeds. Or ,escape in the end of Storm tracking in the time for the achievement.I want to tell you that if in the beginning it was interesting and entertaining now its getting boring and I just want to finish my story /episode even without any achievement. In the beginning i was concentrate to be perfect to achieve all the achievements and mastery points when i am playing the game,but now its just play to have a open collection for skyscale for example or to see the story and i don't care if i will receive an achievement or mastery points anymore.The parts are so hard that maybe i should spend 10 years just to master it,and i will lost the fun playing it.

Hmmm... I never found any part of the story lines to be too hard. Some parts are a bit challenging but mostly you just need to figure out strategy and then it becomes pretty easy.

To me the slight challenge is what prevents it from being boring. Not the other way around.

Why not group up with your BF to complete the harder stuff?

Often resolving these difficulties can boil down to build/gear tuning.What class are you running?What is your build?What gear do you have equipped? (what quality/stat sets)

A little tweaking could increase your quality of life and people may have some suggestions.While the open world/story content in the game does indeed increase in difficulty as it progresses, it doesn't change so much that you need to completely reinvent it's likely just the matter of a couple of changes. And if you answer the questions above I am sure a number of people will chime in with suggestions.

@dandamanno.4136 said:Hmmm... I never found any part of the story lines to be too hard. Some parts are a bit challenging but mostly you just need to figure out strategy and then it becomes pretty easy.

To me the slight challenge is what prevents it from being boring. Not the other way around.

Why not group up with your BF to complete the harder stuff?

Look I am not against the challances and logic in the game ,I like to find it out how to do it.

By the way he suggest to pass it instead of me ,which i am not agree. And some part of the stories ,you need to pass them alone.

The personal story is all pretty doable if you just work on the basics of movement, including dodge rolls, and give some thought to how you use your skills; you might want to look at a build guide to make sure what you are doing is viable as well. Beyond that, there are certain parts of the story that require some recognition of what the mechanics are at any given point; if you are unable to get any progress against certain bosses, you also might want to do a bit of research. My favorite example of that was a certain instance in the season 4 fights where I had to bond with Aurene with a special action key to finish a fight on a platform in a room surrounded by water, and I went in with a full minion necro that the opponent used every round to heal back to full over and over. After about a half an hour of cycling this with no resolution, I managed to finally finish that chapter, and then went and looked up what I had just fought, and the advice was to bring no minions, and get off the center platform, since Aurene did all the damage.

@"Nydo.3406" said:The personal story is all pretty doable if you just work on the basics of movement, including dodge rolls, and give some thought to how you use your skills;

Build guides and a rotation only work for scripted PvE. Knowing to use an interrupt skill during a big 'telegraphed move' is priceless. Dodging is required .. "don't stand in red"

@Poohinagi San.7619 said:

However ,some part of the game (HoT,PoF and LWS2-4) are extremely hard to play and I catch myself that enjoyment of playing the game is replaced by being boring ,because my character has to defend against 20+ characters,which makes it extremely difficult in some parts.For example,how do you expect one person to do Repel the Branded invasion and close the rifts fro 15 min . I am alone against more than 20 brandeds. Or ,escape in the end of Storm tracking in the time for the achievement.

My friend started the game about three months ago and I have to remind him from time to time that a lot of the Events he does in HoT and PoF are group-based content. That being the reason he can’t just go in there and fight off an army of Awakened or Mordrem. It’s frustrating for not only him, but me as well as someone who’s played since 2013 and remember how fun these Events were when their content was being run. It does get pretty hilarious in Discord though when he’s getting steam rolled.

The sad truth is, is that this is the case for most MMO’s: New content drops and players funnel to it leaving the old to rot. It’s a shame though that new(er) players will never get that game experience we had. I really wish ANet would implement some rotating 3-day or weekly system that boosted EXP, drops, Karma, something to Core GW2 maps and get players visiting there again.

@Copestetic.5174 said:

@"Poohinagi San.7619" said:

However ,some part of the game (HoT,PoF and LWS2-4) are extremely hard to play and I catch myself that enjoyment of playing the game is replaced by being boring ,because my character has to defend against 20+ characters,which makes it extremely difficult in some parts.For example,how do you expect one person to do Repel the Branded invasion and close the rifts fro 15 min . I am alone against more than 20 brandeds. Or ,escape in the end of Storm tracking in the time for the achievement.

My friend started the game about three months ago and I have to remind him from time to time that a lot of the Events he does in HoT and PoF are group-based content. That being the reason he can’t just go in there and fight off an army of Awakened or Mordrem. It’s frustrating for not only him, but me as well as someone who’s played since 2013 and remember how fun these Events were when their content was being run. It does get pretty hilarious in Discord though when he’s getting steam rolled.

The sad truth is, is that this is the case for most MMO’s: New content drops and players funnel to it leaving the old to rot. It’s a shame though that new(er) players will never get that game experience we had. I really wish ANet would implement some rotating 3-day or weekly system that boosted EXP, drops, Karma, something to Core GW2 maps and get players visiting there again.

Very much all this, it's all tolerable but definitely a pain in the neck, especially these White Mantle and Svanir. The enemies themselves are not too hard to kill but it seems like every single one of them absolutely SPAMS AOE conditions. Being mainly melee classes on my enemy, my options are bleed / burn to death or don't get close enough to hit them. It's puzzling that this was their way of "challenging" the player in story missions which are meant to be experienced solo for the most part.

@Poohinagi San.7619i think we need look on your build and stats

new ppl or ppl that used full lv booster geting gear that help them surive, what is maybe ok, but in most cause you do x2 less dmg than you schold, so insted of killing enemys you geting problems at bigger number fights or boss fights as it taking x2-3 longer

as full berserker scrapper i have no such problems like you, i can solo group boss, and fight 20 mobs at once

but before i mastered scrapper, i used berserker+capitan amulet+knight rings for more toughness

same hot/pof is not problem for me, i'm at sezon 4 atm doing mision wher you need unlock rolling mount

i started play 3-4 months ago

but overall i have 5-6y experience from other mmo

@keenedge.9675 said:

@"Nydo.3406" said:The personal story is all pretty doable if you just work on the basics of movement, including dodge rolls, and give some thought to how you use your skills;

Build guides and a rotation only work for scripted PvE. Knowing to use an interrupt skill during a big 'telegraphed move' is priceless. Dodging is required .. "don't stand in red"

Nah, build guides often tell you why they are built in such a way, broadening a players understanding of the mechanics.

Imo, if youre having trouble with anything in the story, you can make a build that simply cannot be killed, but it will take a very long time to kill anything too.

I did pof as a fractal healing spec miself, I generally find solo pve quite boring anyways so taking 45 minutes to kill Balthazar wasnt that bad, as I could watch YouTube while doing it without any stress of kicking the bucket.

First of all, I suppose the OP is confused between frustrating and boring. A boring state of the game would be nothing new to do and we end up with repeating the same thing over and over and over, as per the content drought in 2015.

Secondly, your frustration with some more challenging part of the personal story and open world event is understandable. As a new player, it's easy to miss a clue during the personal story (tip: there is always a visual or audio clue that instructs you how to clear a certain part easily. It can be special action key, arrow markers or star markers) where the completion is not only about fighting something but also figuring out a puzzle. It's not a shame at all to ask for help (in guild chat, map chat or on LFG) or do your research at your comfortable pace (look up wiki, create a topic on forum and reddit "How do I complete this part of the quest", etc.) Plenty of players would be more than happy to point you to the right direction or assist you directly without interfering with your own accomplishment.

Thirdly, if it's about an open world event where you need help to fend off against 20 mobs on your own? Always ask in map chat for help. You'll be surprised at how you can easily rally people to your cause. Not enough people in map? Ask in guild or post an LFG and wait for a couple of minutes. For example: groups are still doing Vinetooth Primes to this day even though it's annoyingly difficult and not a part of the meta. It's because you need it in some collection and so groups of the same like-minded are formed.

Last but not least, how to fix a 'boring' game? A real specific suggestion would be both helpful and interesting to read. I wish I were a new player again.