Hey all! Returning member

Hey all I started this game when I was in the army with my mate when it was first brought out, haven't played it since a lot of things happened in between and I wasn't on p.c for many years.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and I'm glad to see this game still going. I am going to be bringing a few of my friends in as they have been looking for a solid MMO to play just to balance our variety in games.

We are also New or returning streamers so I look forward to streaming this awesome game (I'm the noob streamer lol). I have thoroughly enjoyed many variety of games but I found this one stood out for me in terms of the MMO side of things. I am pretty happy the game is currently free access, it's gonna allow me some nostalgic fun I believe with my mates. While relearning I hope to enjoy the many new features and experience the changed world! Lots to catch up on =D I also wanted to personally thank the team/devs etc for keeping my account alive, you have no idea how happy that made me logging in. I barely even got happy birthday from my ex workmates lmao.

I used to love the community as well one of the best IMO. I hope to see y'all venturing around and look forward to experiencing learning this game again! Thank you if you read this far! To our adventures ahead =D Cheers!!

Regards,Just_eZ001

To OP -- hey back, and have fun! Don't worry about what others do or don't do in the game. Honestly, some people seem to spend all their time watching others and complaining instead of enjoying things. Don't be That Guy.

Also, your post is a great reminder that ANet should never deactivate accounts or character names that have been inactive for whatever amount of time.

Welcome back! Make sure not to delete any of your old characters. They will all have tons of birthday gifts waiting; the first two or three gifts are a bit meh but then you start getting unique skins and your pick of expensive gem-exclusive dyes.

As to the free access, there are a lot of limitations on free accounts. You can get a good feel for the game with one, and indeed can play forever for free, but it's really just an extended trial version. So you get fewer character slots, can't trade things, have chat restrictions (all meant to hinder gold selling). If your friends start with the free version, they needn't worry -- they can buy an account at any time and all their progress and unlocks will persist. Also they will unlock current Living Story episodes for free (will have to buy older ones, via cash or gold), and those will be waiting for them whenever they get a paid account and have a level 80 character.