No cat ears?!

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:I didn't know it was possible to gift items when they're not on sale. How do you do that?

That's what I'm wondering, too. You either buy the skin for yourself and get it in the mail, or you buy it as a gift that goes directly to a specific account name. So, it's not like someone could have saved it and sent them to someone at a later date.

None of this adds up. I don't want to be callous but the entire tone of this thread seems like a plea for sympathy

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:I didn't know it was possible to gift items when they're not on sale. How do you do that?

That's what I'm wondering, too. You either buy the skin for yourself and get it in the mail, or you buy it as a gift that goes directly to a specific account name. So,
it's not like someone could have saved it and sent them to someone at a later date

For emphasis. It doesn't work like that

@OrbitalButt.5708 @RoseofGilead.8907 @"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" @"Danikat.8537"Okay... I'll be honest, no it wasn't gifted in-game, but I did get the cat ears this morning. Proof in the spoiler tag:

! rWhBIzW.jpg

There is more to the story... yes, someone "gifted" it to me in a sense, but as I said, it wasn't from an in-game player. The problem is, unless a mod approves me to tell the full story, it may set a precedent which could hurt ArenaNet in the long run. I apologize for lying about how I got them.

Yes I dont like this precedent...seems an anet employee allowed you to get them somehow when they should be unavailable, simply because you made a ticket/complained alot on the forums. Unfair for the rest of us who are waiting the same as you did..

Im glad you got them really but theres loads of people waiting the same as you so why did you get special treatment..

Wasn't due to the complaints on the forum here, I'll say that much.

Why did I? I'm honestly not certain, I have ideas, but like I said, I don't want to share the full story. I'm beginning to think it was a bad idea just to tell people I got them here on the boards. Too much excitement can ruin thought process. :/

My hope now is that the cat ears will be added to the gem store in the future during this festival so everyone else who wants them can get them.

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:I heard a third party controls the gem store, is that true? If so, how can I contact them? Thank you.

You were somewhat misinformed. The black lion trading company (gem shop, currency exchange, trading post) is a separate system from the game. It's not owned by a different company. This allows ArenaNet to update the gem shop, or take the BLTC down for maintenance, without having to shut down the entire game and put out a patch. Major issues may require a patch though, depending on the circumstances.

Keep in mind that not all holiday items are ever released on the first day of the event. Keep checking the gem shop every day. Usually returning/new items in the gem shop are released on Tuesdays, but sometimes they add stuff throughout the week. And as always, you can make a request on the forums for an item to be re-released.

@OrbitalButt.5708 said:

@Saraneth.6021 said:Devs, can you please gift me a pair too? I would be eternally grateful. Thanks.

I have dealt with personal tragedy recently as well, can I have free stuff? I didn't post about it though

Neither. Wasn't even going to mention my personal tragedy because it shouldn't matter. I still wont. I bet a lot of the GW2 community has had recent personal tragedies and you don't see them using it for their own personal gain. Playing the sympathy card is kinda sad and the fact it worked is even worse and not fair to the rest of the community.

@Saraneth.6021 said:

@OrbitalButt.5708 said:

@Saraneth.6021 said:Devs, can you please gift me a pair too? I would be eternally grateful. Thanks.

I have dealt with personal tragedy recently as well, can I have free stuff? I didn't post about it though

Neither. Wasn't even going to mention my personal tragedy because it shouldn't matter. I still wont. I bet a lot of the GW2 community has had recent personal tragedies and you don't see them using it for their own personal gain. Playing the sympathy card is kinda sad and the fact it worked is even worse and not fair to the rest of the community.

Two possible scenarios imho:

• He did cheat his way into cat ears playing the sympathy card.
  • He concocted a bigger lie after being found out on his original lie.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

@Saraneth.6021 said:

@OrbitalButt.5708 said:

Two possible scenarios imho:
  • He did cheat his way into cat ears playing the sympathy card.
  • He concocted a bigger lie after being found out on his original lie.

Or s/he's friend with an anet employee or someone who know an anet employee.It doesn't really matter. Cat ear headband will most likely be on sale soon or around the 31st

Archived