No cat ears?!

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:Even though they appeared before on halloween.. dont you think theyre more of an easter item than halloween? Im much happier with spooky mounts

But they're called "Furrious." :/ I really don't want to wait until April. I saved my gems for them. I'm not interested in the spooky mounts. sad face

@crashburntoo.7431 said:There's still hope if they do a daily feature release at the BLTC... fingers crossed for you.Thanks. I'd really like to get them now. Is there any other way?

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Even though they appeared before on halloween.. dont you think theyre more of an easter item than halloween? Im much happier with spooky mounts

Bunny Ears are an easter thing... Cat Ears are a halloween thing, alongside devil horns, and tiny batwings...

@Panda.1967 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Even though they appeared before on halloween.. dont you think theyre more of an easter item than halloween? Im much happier with spooky mounts

Bunny Ears are an easter thing... Cat Ears are a halloween thing, alongside devil horns, and tiny batwings...

Exactly. Is there any other way I can obtain the cat ears? I lost a friend last week--a good friend. I was really looking forward to today, and as silly as it sounds, I wanted a nice toy that I was looking forward to; something to forget all my troubles. Nope. Anet decided to screw me and anyone else who wanted the cat ears over.

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

Exactly. Is there any other way I can obtain the cat ears? I lost a friend last week--a good friend. I was really looking forward to today, and as silly as it sounds, I wanted a nice toy that I was looking forward to; something to forget all my troubles. Nope. Anet decided to screw me and anyone else who wanted the cat ears over.

Halloween patch last for about 2 weeks. They will be adding more items to the gemstore so keep looking every days.

Cat ears were the only thing i was actually looking forward to this halloween as ive played it over and over before. I missed it last year because i was on a break and waited almost a full year for them to return. They brought back the outfit and hat so I dont see any reason why cat ears haven't returned. Honestly sours the entire event for me, when everyone else can get the items they want but im left with nothing to make the event worthwhile.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend; I wish I could send you cat ears.

@Haishao.6851 said:

Halloween patch last for about 2 weeks. They will be adding more items to the gemstore so keep looking every days.

I hope you're right. ;_; Thanks for the comfort.

@zombyturtle.5980 said:Cat ears were the only thing i was actually looking forward to this halloween as ive played it over and over before. I missed it last year because i was on a break and waited almost a full year for them to return. They brought back the outfit and hat so I dont see any reason why cat ears haven't returned. Honestly sours the entire event for me, when everyone else can get the items they want but im left with nothing to make the event worthwhile.

I agree, man.

@crashburntoo.7431 said:

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend; I wish I could send you cat ears.

I appreciate your kindness. I kinda berating myself right now because I feel like I'm being selfish and childish. But having no source of income, emotional, social, financial, and mental issues are all crashing down on me of late. Still... I'm being selfish.

As other people have said they tend to spread gem store sales out through long events like this. It's extremely likely we've not seen all the Halloween items they're going to sell yet.

Keep checking the game/the gem store topic on the forum every day (or every day you can) for new items appearing.

Are you thinking of the bunny ears maybe? Cat ears have always been a Halloween thing in GW2.

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:I heard a third party controls the gem store, is that true? If so, how can I contact them? Thank you.

I've never heard that before, as far as I'm aware everything in GW2 is created and run by Anet. But there's 2 things I've heard which may have evolved into this:1) The Gem Store window is actually a built-in web browser which links directly to a custom website rather than being part of the game. That's how they can update the store without updating the game and sometimes you'll get a 404 error in the window when the store is down.2) Several years ago Anet employed 1 person who had previously worked for a company called Nexon (who are notorious for their cash-shop focused games) around the same time Nexon itself bought some stock in Anet's parent company, NCSoft. This somehow lead to some people jumping to conclusions that Nexon had taken over control of NCSoft/Anet or 'just' the gem store and would now be running it the same way they ran the stores in their own games. That never actually happened but it wouldn't surprise me if the rumour was still going.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:No I'm not thinking of the bunny ears,I'm just giving my 2 cents and say that animal ears don't really belong in a Halloween sale because they're not really spooky.Easter seems like a better period for animal ears, both cat and bunny

Cats (specifically black cats) are a very common Halloween costume. They're traditionally portrayed as witches familiars.

No it's not as directly related as say a ghost or a pumpkin (especially for people like me - when I think black cat I think of 2 of my cats), but it is a 'traditional' Halloween costume. And that tradition persists in Guild Wars as well. In the first game the cat ears were a Halloween item, and GW2 has the Feline Familiar summoned with the broom toy from the Witches outfit pack, and the Feline Familiar mini.

Whereas I can't think of any connection between cats and easter except that some cats, given the chance, will kill and eat rabbits.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:No I'm not thinking of the bunny ears,I'm just giving my 2 cents and say that animal ears don't really belong in a Halloween sale because they're not really spooky.Easter seems like a better period for animal ears, both cat and bunny

Halloween in the US isn't about "spooky". It's a mixture of things and black cats are one of the main attractions of the popular theme surrounding the holiday. There's even multiple black cats that can be obtained throughout this Halloween on GW2.

I suspect Anet knew from last year the cat ears would be popular so they're going to be one of the last Halloween items released. That way the gold > gem conversion rate has gone up as a result of people buying new things, many people will have spent gems they had saved up and therefore they're more likely to buy gems with real money when the stuff they really want comes out.

Probably not as effective with cheap items like cat ears as with something like bank tabs or shared inventory slots, but it'd still work.

@crashburntoo.7431 said:

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:GUYS! I got them! =) Someone gifted them to me! HURRAY! <3

Very glad to hear that Aegis, enjoy!

Thanks! :) And yes, I AM enjoying them! I just need my cosplay thief to be able to wield greatswords (because she wields a Daikatana in her games--same as Belinda, and I have that skin), and she'd be complete! =)

@Danikat.8537 said:I didn't know it was possible to gift items when they're not on sale. How do you do that?

That's what I'm wondering, too. You either buy the skin for yourself and get it in the mail, or you buy it as a gift that goes directly to a specific account name. So, it's not like someone could have saved it and sent them to someone at a later date.

Archived