Citadel Bombardment energy cost

len.7809

Citadel Bombardment is like meteor shower, it does random hits, if u are not lucky u does only 1 hit of 10, 15 if traited.

It cost 35 energy.Maybe this skill is good when its used in WvW Blob fights, PvE group of mobs, but this skill is a waste of energy when used against lower than 3 enemies.

What do you think about this skill?

I like the skill for what it is on kalla. It gives us an aoe attack, that is not bound to the Legend we are currently in. And gives us a range damage skill even when on Ventari or Dwarf.But i think the energy cost and the casttime should see some tweaking at least.

You just compared it to meteor shower, that's exactly what it's supposed to be, it's for large hitboxes. Against a large hitbox all 10/15 missiles will hit which is well worth the energy cost.

Yes it's not worth casting against a single humanoid sized target.. you'd be lucky to get 3 missiles hit. That's the entire point of the skill, it's literally meteor shower.

@Milan.9035 said:

@Ardent Heretic.8216 said:It is part of the meta rotation for raids, so I doubt Anet will be willing to buff it.

If it was 0 energy would it change anything for raids?

Absolutely. It would allow us to use additional skills in the same period of time, which would directly increase our dps, which is already competitive. If the energy is taken away, it has to be added somewhere else in the rotation to keep the balance, and I personally like where the other skills are tuned.

It's not a great skill in most situations, but like others have mentioned, it sees some use for raids on large hitboxes. I really think it should be buffed, but I'd rather they increase the radius on each missile, to allow for more use in other situations. (without buffing it's damage to large hitboxes)

I wouldn't mind the energy cost if the ability was more consistent.

@Milan.9035 said:

@Ardent Heretic.8216 said:It is part of the meta rotation for raids, so I doubt Anet will be willing to buff it.

@Milan.9035 said:

Absolutely. It would allow us to use additional skills in the same period of time, which would directly increase our dps, which is already competitive. If the energy is taken away, it has to be added somewhere else in the rotation to keep the balance, and I personally like where the other skills are tuned.

Sort of... You're limited by cool downs to only drop 3 Searing Fissures, 1 Echoing Eruption, and 1 Temporal Rift while in Kalla and you already have ample energy to do this including Citadel Bombardment's 35 energy cost, so you'd really have nothing else to spend that energy on.

Soulcleave's out because it's -9 upkeep would end up costing you dps (even if CB cost zero you wouldn't have the energy to use everything if you had an upkeep skill stopping your energy regen.) I suppose you could drop Icerazor for some RNG torment procs... Or you could just bank the 35 extra energy to cc with Darkrazor, use your heal spirit, or pulse some Might or Alacrity or something, but those are also all extra cast times that you're using where you could have just been auto attacking for more condis.

@narcx.3570 said:

@Milan.9035 said:

@Milan.9035 said:

Sort of... You're limited by cool downs to only drop 3 Searing Fissures, 1 Echoing Eruption, and 1 Temporal Rift while in Kalla and you already have ample energy to do this including Citadel Bombardment's 35 energy cost, so you'd really have nothing else to spend that energy on.

Soulcleave's out because it's -9 upkeep would end up costing you dps (even if CB cost zero you wouldn't have the energy to use everything if you had an upkeep skill stopping your energy regen.) I suppose you could drop Icerazor for some RNG torment procs... Or you could just bank the 35 extra energy to cc with Darkrazor, use your heal spirit, or pulse some Might or Alacrity or something, but those are also all extra cast times that you're using where you could have just been auto attacking for more condis.

The cooldowns are certainly a consideration. I'd wager at least one of those options is worth losing one full AA chain, but I may be wrong.

@Ardent Heretic.8216 said:

@narcx.3570 said:

@Milan.9035 said:

@Milan.9035 said:

The cooldowns are certainly a consideration. I'd wager at least one of those options is worth losing one full AA chain, but I may be wrong.

Hmmm, well, I think Icerazor would be slightly better especially after you factor in the direct damage aspect of the 20 pulses... But the difference is pretty small and reliant on RNG, so in actual play you'd more likely just be saving the energy for breakbars and emergency healing.

The way I figure is an AA chain gets you 20 ticks of Torment and 24 ticks of Poison and Icerazor (on average) would get you 48 ticks of Torment.

Then again, I've never actually used Icerazor in a situation where I was paying attention to my DPS, I'm assuming his pulses can crit and those crits can proc Rampant Vex. If that's not true, then the AA-chain would definitely win hands down.

@narcx.3570 said:

@narcx.3570 said:

@Milan.9035 said:

@Milan.9035 said:

Hmmm, well, I think Icerazor would be slightly better especially after you factor in the direct damage aspect of the 20 pulses... But the difference is pretty small and reliant on RNG, so in actual play you'd more likely just be saving the energy for breakbars and emergency healing.

The way I figure is an AA chain gets you 20 ticks of Torment and 24 ticks of Poison and Icerazor (on average) would get you 48 ticks of Torment.

Then again, I've never actually used Icerazor in a situation where I was paying attention to my DPS, I'm assuming his pulses can crit and those crits can proc Rampant Vex. If that's not true, then the AA-chain would definitely win hands down.

Icerazor doesn't chill, it cripples. So it only deals power damage to a single target, it's not really worth using for condi in pve. Maybe in PvP i guess. Also I have no idea how you came up with those condi numbers for the AA chains, especially poison o.O

Archived