New downed skill

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:They changed it to nerf necro down state. Necro down state was op ckmpared to other classes.

Then they should have taken away necro's life steal, not the mastery's.There was no need to punish everyone, just because Necro was sucking more life.

This skill either needs to have the life steal back.The active ability is just bad.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:They changed it to nerf necro down state. Necro down state was op ckmpared to other classes.

Then they should have taken away necro's life steal, not the mastery's.There was no need to punish everyone, just because Necro was sucking more life.

This skill either needs to have the life steal back.The active ability is just bad.

Necro would heal for way more than other classes anyway, because its #1 is a spammable channel skill. Each pulse triggered the heal of the old skill, which was a fixed amount instead of a percentage of damage dealt.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

Necro would heal for way more than other classes anyway, because its #1 is a spammable channel skill. Each pulse triggered the heal of the old skill, which was a fixed amount instead of a percentage of damage dealt.

As I said, if Necro was the problem, Necro should have been changed.

@Fueki.4753 said:

Change a down skill because of a pve only interaction, yeah that will go over well with the pvp/wvw community. Changing the pve only skill for the pve only problem was the right choice.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Change a down skill because of a pve only interaction, yeah that will go over well with the pvp/wvw community. Changing the pve only skill for the pve only problem was the right choice.

It definitely makes more sense to change the skill rather than necro.

I suppose the question then is, was the change necessary at all?

I mean, my necro can still fight his way back to life quite easily but my other characters can't unless the enemy is very low. Sure, that was the purpose of the change but is it fun?

I thought that the signet went a long way towards equalising the different profession's downed skills in PvE and I found desperately fighting back from downed and then either escaping or managing to turn a fight around a lot more fun than Waypointing.

I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to it again but I definitely preferred the old signet to the new skill.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:Change a down skill because of a pve only interaction, yeah that will go over well with the pvp/wvw community. Changing the pve only skill for the pve only problem was the right choice.

I think that removing Necro's Life Steal wouldn't be bad for PvP.

I think no profession should have an easier time refilling their HP during downed state.Either give all professions life leech during the downed state or no profession at all.

@Fueki.4753 said:

It’s not the Necromancer’s downed state that was OP. Its damage is not as great as some people claim it to be (it is actually garbage, far far lower than what we can do when up), and the Life Steal from skill 1 is not enough to counter the life degeneration (not even when helped by traits).

It was just the combination of Necromancer Life Steal and the passive Life Steal from the old downed skill 5 that was OP. So, to me, changing the skill later implemented that caused the problem feels natural. I don’t even think it was just Necromancer that was OP with downed skill 5, probably also Ranger and Guardian.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:Change a down skill because of a pve only interaction, yeah that will go over well with the pvp/wvw community. Changing the pve only skill for the pve only problem was the right choice.

I think that removing Necro's Life Steal wouldn't be bad for PvP.

I think no profession should have an easier time refilling their HP during downed state.Either give all professions life leech during the downed state or no profession at all.

Different professions have different tools. Ranger and Guardian have an easier time refilling their life while downed compared to Necromancer, Elementalist can reposition himself with Mistform while taking no damage, etc.

The only thing Necromancer can do while downed is doing low damage and Life Siphon, and the only defensive tool is a single target Fear with a long cast time and clear animation.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

The Life Steal from the old downed skill 5 had 1 second internal cooldown, so it was triggered once every second at most, not with every pulse.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

The purpose of the massive visual is to let you know someone is downed. The problem is for some reason made it look like an enemy attack, and players get confused and try to dodge out of it; it should at least be white or green in color.IMO, the problem is that even if someone is downed, you cannot find them in the visual spam of the zerg fest. I think that this change is pointless and confusing.