AWAKENED IN MOUNT MAELSTROM

Thank you for this!

As a returning player I haven’t bought either expansion yet because I have been enjoying finishing up the core game first. I do intend to buy both expansions, but with how I’m playing at the moment, I just don’t need them or want them. Yes, having gliders and mounts would be cool but it isn’t a necessity for me. But one of the things I love about the Guild Wars games is I can complete the game and story at my own pace while enjoying the game.

I am just having fun playing the game and completing it in order, so again, thanks ?

In addition to above, a mini guide for all that want this achivement and don't have PoF.

Awakened spawn in several places on the shore. Best spot is in the mouth of Broken Arrow River, there are 2 groups on both sides.Best way is to kill them until a Veteran Awakened Defiler shows up. Then keep him alive and kill mummies he summons constantly, they count to the achievement.This way you can get it like in, I don't know, maybe an hour max. Instead running around which can took couple more, waiting for them to spawn.Also a good idea is to equip weapon that hit single target and use only auto attack, this way you lowering the chances of hitting Defiler.

@Jong.5937 said:Just to say, if you want access to LS4 without paying extra on top of the PoF expansion, you will need to buy PoF before the first episode of LS4 finishes, so you can unlock it. If you don't unlock an episode while it is running you need to pay to unlock it later.

This is false. If you log in during the episode 1 release you will unlock it even if you do not own path of fire, then when you get the expansion you can access it.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Jong.5937 said:Just to say, if you want access to LS4 without paying extra on top of the PoF expansion, you will need to buy PoF before the first episode of LS4 finishes, so you can unlock it. If you don't unlock an episode while it is running you need to pay to unlock it later.

This is false. If you log in during the episode 1 release you will unlock it even if you do not own path of fire, then when you get the expansion you can access it.

Thanks :-) I thought this was the case because I have the last 3 episodes or so of Season 3 unlocked and I don't have Heart of Thorns yet either. I completed Season 1 when it was live and have the first 3-4 episodes of Season 2 unlocked as well from playing sporadically and logging in during that time. Unless it changed, all you need to do is login while the chapter is live to unlock it for free. I will need to buy some chapters of Season 2 and Season 3 (at a discounted price) since I didn't login while those chapters were live.

But thanks for clearing that up. I was a bit concerned when I saw Jong's post and wondering if they had changed something I was unaware of.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Apologies to all reading! I really did not think that was the case. Good to know!

@Jong.5937 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Apologies to all reading! I really did not think that was the case. Good to know!

Lol no problem. You were only trying to be helpful and I appreciate that.

Archived