Please give Renegade the Firebrand treatment. Huge AoE covering a point isn't fun to fight

mrauls.6519

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@mes.4607 said:It's funny how with every comment we have a new strength of Renegade listed XD

I feel like Renegade's problem is mainly too easy of energy management. Either the energy cost needs to go up on some of these skills, or the CDs need to be increased a bit. Right now it cycles through both its offensive & defensive skills too easily and too frequently. I don't believe the skills themselves are inherently too powerful, it's just that they can be constantly spammed with little to no regard for energy management.

Mmmm....easy energy management? Dude, have you played Renegade seriously in pvp / mats? The energy cost for skills has already been increased greatly. 40 energy for a stunbreak on Jalis / Shiro? Suuuuure that's fine. Which leaves you with 10 energy - enough to AA. Also, you are forced to trait for Charged Mists to give you that extra 25 energy on legend swap when your current energy is below 10%. And lets be honest, this trait is not that easy to proc 100% of the time.So please, stop spreading misinformation and suggesting nerfs based on false claims.

Yeah I was play testing it the other day actually.

The energy cycling is twice as lenient and twice as easy as running Power Shiro as example.

And being able to toss a little bit of alacrity in team fights is pretty serious business. Alacrity just by itself as a boon is pretty much worth heals / cleanses / quick buffs / everything as a support function, because it allows your team fight to cycle through their own skills more often.

Renegade has too much man. Holosmith right along with it. They both need to be on the chopping block. I'm starting to see teams in ATs now that look like: Ren / Ren / Holo / Holo / Healbreaker, and that makes me cringe at the game's current state of balance.

Yeah. you clearly have mastered Renegade class in depth and went all the way to legi with it. Did that alacrtity sprinkle turn the game around?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

double holo is not worth, double kalla ren is also not worth

thief is permanent in the spot and is too good to not use and double holo too squishyand double kalla gives no damage, can be easily out rotated or snowballed.

plus with the surge of kalla killer, trapper burn DH.kalla can possibly already be shifting to condi herald.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@mes.4607 said:It's funny how with every comment we have a new strength of Renegade listed XD

I feel like Renegade's problem is mainly too easy of energy management. Either the energy cost needs to go up on some of these skills, or the CDs need to be increased a bit. Right now it cycles through both its offensive & defensive skills too easily and too frequently. I don't believe the skills themselves are inherently too powerful, it's just that they can be constantly spammed with little to no regard for energy management.

Mmmm....easy energy management? Dude, have you played Renegade seriously in pvp / mats? The energy cost for skills has already been increased greatly. 40 energy for a stunbreak on Jalis / Shiro? Suuuuure that's fine. Which leaves you with 10 energy - enough to AA. Also, you are forced to trait for Charged Mists to give you that extra 25 energy on legend swap when your current energy is below 10%. And lets be honest, this trait is not that easy to proc 100% of the time.So please, stop spreading misinformation and suggesting nerfs based on false claims.

The energy cycling is twice as lenient and twice as easy as running Power Shiro as example.

And being able to toss a little bit of alacrity in team fights is pretty serious business. Alacrity just by itself as a boon is pretty much worth heals / cleanses / quick buffs / everything as a support function, because it allows your team fight to cycle through their own skills more often.

Renegade has too much man. Holosmith right along with it. They both need to be on the chopping block. I'm starting to see teams in ATs now that look like: Ren / Ren / Holo / Holo / Healbreaker, and that makes me cringe at the game's current state of balance.

Yeah. you clearly have mastered Renegade class in depth and went all the way to legi with it. Did that alacrtity sprinkle turn the game around?

It does actually. Especially if you stack 2 on your team, which everyone is doing lately.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

What!?

You have to try to run out of energy on Glint. Like, you actually have to go out of your way to do it. I can even run around upkeeping my Regen, Fury, and Swiftness all game long (only popping them if I need them) and still have ample energy to do anything I need.

There's a very good reason why Herald doesn't run Charged Mists, whereas it's mandatory on Renegade.

Posts like these are why balance is an impossible feat.

Any type of spec that presents a challenge in a specific situation ( not even all situations ) and people want to give up and have anet win the fight for them by nerfing the class.

I miss the old school pvp games and pvp'ers .

:(

P.S. That spec has so many hard counters it isn't even funny. Perhaps try using some of them.