Is Classes Merging Will Be The New System With The New Expansion ?

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:We are likely to get a third elite spec on all classes. After that I can see them avoiding new elite specs and maybe do universal abilities to avoid balance overload.

Yes, and i also see them possibly adding new weapons for the 3 especs later on. So lets say we can unlock the Hammer for Reaper, or the Scepter for Druid etc.

Reaper technically already has a Hammer :PThe Scythe you get while in Reaper Shroud is technically a Hammer and nets you Hammer kills for Hammer Mastery.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:We are likely to get a third elite spec on all classes. After that I can see them avoiding new elite specs and maybe do universal abilities to avoid balance overload.

Yes, and i also see them possibly adding new weapons for the 3 especs later on. So lets say we can unlock the Hammer for Reaper, or the Scepter for Druid etc.

Reaper technically already has a Hammer :PThe Scythe you get while in Reaper Shroud is technically a Hammer and nets you Hammer kills for Hammer Mastery.

That's interesting ?

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:

That's interesting ?

It took me a long time to realise it as well, when I was achievement hunting a long while ago I noticed my hammer kills were really high despite almost never using the weapon.That's how I found out the Reaper Shroud counts for Hammer kills lol

It's a fun little Gw2 fact but there are still a good number of players who surprisingly don't know about it.

Hopefully the next shroud will give us Warhorn or Focus kills or something XD

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:I think there's a possibility of it being a companion system where we get to level and customize an NPC ally or something.

I was thinking of this as well, given how initial design decision for GW2 were with having a companion in mind (which was later scrapped as the game was developed more).

I am torn on this to be honest, on the one hand I loved the heros in GW1 (a game I mostly played solo and just on and off) and given how well "pet" systems are received in the MMORPG landscape (assumption of mine, might not be true) this could be a great way to implement hours upon hours of stuff for players to tinker with. SW:ToR for example had me loving the companion system.

At the same time I fear the consequence of such a system, unless it is pet only, as far as party setups go and player interaction. Suffice to say, as great as the GW1 hero system was, it also had its share in the games decline being the cause for more and more players being able to solo everything (counting myself here as well). In general not something healthy for a MMORPG community overall.

As to the topic at hand: while certainly interesting, I very much doubt the scope of such a system change is possible with the current resources. I'm personally hoping for a 3rd set of elite specializations (maybe being the last set we see) and some design which hints at how the game post EoD will continue.

What they could do is only allow it in "stale" content Anet feels done with. Like Dungeons. Or IB strikes after the new expansion is live (I'm worried about how well the initial ones that rely on the mastery for break bar will age).

I am thinking they could do something like new weapon set. or expand on the underwater weapons to make them Amphibious. I mean it seems logical parts of the expac will be underwater or around water. They gave us the skimmer underwater. The last dragon we have not seen is the deep sea dragon. It would solve their problem with Skyscale basically trivializing everything in the open world. So they could introduce new mounts like sea horses etc. Most of the zones could be in underwater but in a bubble sorta thing , or atlantis type ruins that have water blocked out with magic or Asuran tech. Anything that basically gives them a fresh slate to work with.