Necro's builds removed from qtfy

Ashyri.5426

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If you cannot find an active LFG, create your own.

For what? To play the worse class just for the stubbornness sake?And you cannot learn how to raid like that. Nowhere. You must learn other classes and I had to as well. Btw, to start raiding I made a tempest with level 80 boost, bought some exotic stuff and started playing clueless about the class and im pretty sure I was so bad at it at first that my necro dps was probably better. But I could get in, so what!

@Ashyri.5426 said:

For what? To play the worse class just for the stubbornness sake?And you cannot learn how to raid like that. Nowhere. You must learn other classes and I had to as well. Btw, to start raiding I made a tempest with level 80 boost, bought some exotic stuff and started playing clueless about the class and im pretty sure I was so bad at it at first that my necro dps was probably better. But I could get in, so what!

Plenty of people have learned to raid by not playing the utmost optimal classes. You just have to be willing to learn the mechanics and perform well. Learning other classes is not necessary unless you feel you have to play as a class listed having an optimal build. It still is by no means necessary.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ashyri.5426 said:

Plenty of people have learned to raid by not playing the utmost optimal classes. You just have to be willing to learn the mechanics and perform well. Learning other classes is not necessary unless you feel you have to play as a class listed having an optimal build. It still is by no means necessary.

And get carried. Also those no meta no trinity groups do very bad and take REALLY long. I've been in them.

I don't play RPGs to get weaker and be a gimp.

@Zezef.5804 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:This. There's no schedule. but I guess the last thing the devs need is another deadline.

I agree that having a better game is really important and POF was really nice to play.But most of all I think that Necromancers have been deceived once more by that "Bug Fix", it's been the third time in GW2 history that they reduce the Necromancers to nothing. First for the Core, then the Reaper and now the sourge...So yes, maybe we are adding deadlines for them and I know it's a pretty hard job to make everyone happy, but this time enough is enough.

i think the same...enoughis enough,

and increasing dmg A LITTLE after get punched into the ground... its everytime the same, necro dont get any defense mechanic, have less dmg than other and less mobility and less stability. thats loughable...

finally it will be the same like reaper, only useful in wvw zerg.and useless in wvw roaming, pvp, pve

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Swagg.9236 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ashyri.5426 said:
HFsvV3W_d.jpg
So basically you made a "heavy support" that offers so useless support that the only advantage we had was damage-wise and due to a bug. Now, once again, necromancer is removed from PvE endgame scenario.

As a necro main, I feel deeply disappointed that the brief happiness we had of necro being good [at anything] was literally a mistake and that we're intended to be garbage support and deal b.s damage with a single exclusive feature which is kinda like a heal but worse than a heal because it lasts one second. Just to make it clearer: if scourge was ever supposed to be support, you did a very very bad bad job; otherwise the dps bug fix wouldn't literally and completely remove necro from meta builds.

They’re not removed from endgame. They’re just not as optimal as others.

The canyon between "optimal" and "viable" is astronomical in GW2 because the game is all about the sole role of DPS "shared" among 9 classes despite the facts that it only takes 1 of those classes to passively stack 25 party might, everyone vomits out vulnerability (which instantly caps and remains at 25 stacks in any remotely organized group), one class already has claim to quickness and alacrity, and how conditions and power damage are just the same untyped "damage" that ultimately everyone throws around in arbitrary volumes.

Since there are no real respective secondary or alternative roles for 27 specs all trying to do "damage," it basically just comes down to how much a given spec can boost overall party DPS. Consider how Druid would maybe not have risen to top healer if if didn't have Grace of the Land given how Tempest could still heal alright, provides plenty of water, and still has a free lightning overcharge despite being a healer spec. Party DPS is king above all else, and the best support is just more party DPS.

If necro can't DPS as well as any of the other potential 27 DPS specs in GW2, it doesn't belong in the game whatsoever. And it can't, so it's gone.

As I said before, necro is not removed from endgame. They are still capable of doing all endgame content. They just will not be the optimal choice.

But it's apparently perfectly fine that Necro is the only class with out an Optimal endgame PVE build, ANet can bury their heads in the sand all they want but you would have to be delusional if you can not see that Optimal is the only thing that is Viable in the eyes of their game's community.

Any reasonable person not tied into the META mentality knows that as long as something is viable then it should be accepted in organized PVE content, unfortunately reasonable people like me, like the developers will not dictate the minds of the masses,to suggest that I or the developers have that kind of influence that can buck the trend is delusional.

Therefore Viable is not an acceptable minimum, all classes must provided an acceptable offensive buff on par with Druid's Grace of the Land, Warrior's Phalanx Strength/Banners, Mesmer's Alacrity; they should all also provide a defensive support ability as well such as Protection, or or Barriers, or substantial Healing.

Unfortunately outsiders are looking at our organized PVE as a add on slapped on to our awesome primary game focus Open World with Raids Duct Tapped to the game.

I also think Barrier should be re tooled in order to enable it as the preferred buff offered by a tank, any frontline Bruiser should throw off Barriers to the squad in conjunction with the damage thrown at the tank, this would incentivze more people to help draw aggro perhaps with two tanks while throwing off barriers to help further protect your DPSers from splash damage while the healers can focus in the direction of the tanks. Healers peripheral heals along with Barriers provided by tanks will help mitigate DPSers.

In my mind Reaper's should have been the one's throwing out Barriers while tanking the bosses, while generating some might perhaps; how ever any one that isn't a tank or healer should provide more offensive buffs with a secondary focus on defensive buffs.

All this stuff will be determined by how you trait and what role you're fulfilling in that encounter.

So to simplify.

All classes provide an Optimal Offensive buff, with a Defensive Buff, while DPSing you provide more Offensive Buffing, while Healing and Tanking you provided more Defensive Support with lesser Offensive Support.

Every one becomes Optimal, every one wins, every one becomes plug in play as either a DPSer or Support.

@Dragoth.7153 said:

@Frostwolve.2916 said:yay another necro thread. Have you by chance read the other threads where a- net stated they plan on bringing scourge back up a little when they do new balance? You act like the world is ending but it was clearly broken.

What do you expect in necro subforum?I see you are a fan of firebrand, I hope your dps will be reduced to 10k, because you know, support.

Firebrand was advertised as a high damage Elite Spec. It needs to be nerfed, but not by that much. More like 3k. I don't understand why you're basically wishing harm on other professions now, because you're upset, and feel wronged. Just because Necro is currently bottom doesn't mean it will always be throughout Path of Fire. We had a dev come in and say they will rework Scourge to be better also. You guys need to chill. It's getting ridiculous. Sand Savant was bugged, and now they acknowledged it, and are going to fix it also.

Scourge was sold as a support Elite Spec, not a DPS one. I'm fine with Scourge being nerfed if they add actual ok support to it. If it was sold as Support, then it needs good defensive and offensive support capabilities. You all need to wait patiently and see what the balance patch is like, then give feedback. Currently this whining on forums, and the Reddit has everyone making memes out of us, and looking at Necros as a joke. This nonstop whining is the reason why. It needs to stop. We need to make mature threads about feedback. Currently these Necromancer forums have a lot of unnecessary fighting, and putting others down. There is a way to give proper feedback, which is not done often.

I'm upset about this too, but I'm just going to wait and see. That's all we really can do, besides making good feedback threads. Wait for the next balance patch, then give critical feedback if needed.

Also these sites like [qT]'s damage mindsets too much. Scourge is not complete trash. It's just underforming a bit compared to other builds. I wish people would stop judging a profession's worth over these benchmarks, and meta lists. The other Elites will be nerfed. I expect Firebrand, Soulbeast, and Renegade to be nerfed by around 8%-10%, and Scourge to be buffed by around 10% while buffing its support by a lot.

I'm going back to enjoying the Halloween event now. :D

@Zero.3871 said:

@Zezef.5804 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:This. There's no schedule. but I guess the last thing the devs need is another deadline.

I agree that having a better game is really important and POF was really nice to play.But most of all I think that Necromancers have been deceived once more by that "Bug Fix", it's been the third time in GW2 history that they reduce the Necromancers to nothing. First for the Core, then the Reaper and now the sourge...So yes, maybe we are adding deadlines for them and I know it's a pretty hard job to make everyone happy, but this time enough is enough.

and increasing dmg A LITTLE after get punched into the ground... its everytime the same, necro dont get any defense mechanic, have less dmg than other and less mobility and less stability. thats loughable...

finally it will be the same like reaper, only useful in wvw zerg.and useless in wvw roaming, pvp, pve

Condition Reaper is still one of the best Roamers. It destroys people literally. You can take on 2-5 people, and take them out super fast. It's been like this for a while now, and I know this because I play the build, and I roam a lot.

Currently, bringing a Necro into a raid is like driving a nail with a shovel. You can get the job done, but it's awkward and unecessary hassle.

@Kam.4092 said:Scourge was sold as a support Elite Spec, not a DPS one.

It was advertised as both, actually. Necros grabbed onto the Support aspect more because we have literally never had that option before, but it was also presented as a condition DPS specialization.

Likewise, Firebrand was advertised as both a Condition DPS and a support specialization (Renegade, too), but Guardian players latched onto the condition DPS aspect more because that wasn't really an option before (outside of PvE anyway, though Firebrand is still a shot in the arm there too).

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Currently, bringing a Necro into a raid is like driving a nail with a shovel. You can get the job done, but it's awkward and unecessary hassle.

@Kam.4092 said:Scourge was sold as a support Elite Spec, not a DPS one.

It was advertised as both, actually. Necros grabbed onto the Support aspect more because we have literally never had that option before, but it was also presented as a condition DPS specialization.

Likewise, Firebrand was advertised as both a Condition DPS and a support specialization (Renegade, too), but Guardian players latched onto the condition DPS aspect more because that wasn't really an option before (outside of PvE anyway, though Firebrand is still a shot in the arm there too).

With GW2, I think every Profession needs DPS and support through buffs like Spotter, etc. Elite Specs like Firebrand and Renegade have support, but it's not extreme support like with Warrior, Mesmer, and Ranger. Which I hope changes soon.

@Kam.4092 said:

@Zero.3871 said:

@Zezef.5804 said:

Condition Reaper is still one of the best Roamers. It destroys people literally. You can take on 2-5 people, and take them out super fast. It's been like this for a while now, and I know this because I play the build, and I roam a lot.

i played condi reaper too, for years, but if you now see just 1 spellbreaker you are DEAD, because you cannot remove perma resistance from him. i am playing only solo roaming in wvw, and there is the condi reaper not viable because every spellbreaker will terminate you. and there are A LOT OF SPELLBREAKERS..

@Kam.4092 said:

@Zero.3871 said:

@Zezef.5804 said:

But Necro has nothing except DPS, absolutely nothing, and that DPS is shamefully low. How do you survive, let alone hurt things?? /sarcasm

Raid thinking is a cancer on this community...

@Kam.4092 said:

@Zero.3871 said:

@Zezef.5804 said:

Condition Reaper is still one of the best Roamers. It destroys people literally. You can take on 2-5 people, and take them out super fast.

are you fighting AFK People ?its seems like your fighting afk people...Don't fight afk people...

Every single player on every single class that has understanding on the reapers mechanics Can and WILL kite/dance you around while nuking your face in...hell a good thief can literaly take 70% of your HP down in the opening and force you into shroud even if you build to be tanky then just kite your shroud and then finish you...

Spell breakers just facetank melt your condy reaper....

Mesmer can easily outplay you...

seriously in roaming any decent player with the majority of classes is able to just outplay troll and kill a Reaper in the open if its alone.....

taking on 2-5 players tells allot about those players...

@Ayrilana.1396 said:As I said before, necro is not removed from endgame. They are still capable of doing all endgame content. They just will not be the optimal choice.

You have a choice of renting a 3-bedroom condo with 3 bathrooms, concierge service, in an ideal location etc, for $1,600 per month. You could also rent a 1-bedroom condo with 1 bath, in a dangerous and dirty neighborhood for $2,600 per month. The second choice is not optimal, but it's still an option. Do you go for the second option? What if I tell you that the second choice will really make me happy since that's the property that I own? Are you going to consider my pleasure in your rental decision, or will you go for the optimal choice if it's available?

The point is, if you're going to do the Multiplayer part of "MMO" -- which I usually don't , so I think I can be a bit neutral here -- you need to convince others that a suboptimal choice for them is in their best interest because it will make you happy.

Of course the definition of "optimal" could be full of urban legends and misunderstandings. Or some groups might have different goals, like trying to run an encounter with only light armor professions or with no ranged weapons or something else. But on the whole, people are hesitant to do something that's higher risk/cost for no personal reward, so "not optimal" means "not wanted". So we need to differentiate between de jur removal from endgame contend and de facto removal. Just because ANet hasn't made it impossible for a necro to enter, survive, or contribute something to endgame content doesn't mean they'll actually get the opportunity to enter it.

Archived