Faster way to level up crafting discipline?

I've been playing the game for a couple of weeks now. I'm still working on my ascended trinkets. So far, I have only two and I'm planning to craft ascended armors and weapons later on. However, I'm finding it hard to level my discipline faster. My leatherworker still sitting at 22 and others are even lower. The requirements are either 300-500 range for the weapon or armor that I wanted to craft. I'm not sure how long it'd take for me to get to that level. Need some friendly advice to level my discipline quicker. How long did it take you to get to 300 or even higher? At least, I have some idea of how long do I have to work on leveling up my crafting discipline. Thanks in advance.

Crafting is goldsing. You do not count time when upgrading crafting, you count gold. For every single level of crafting there are number of recipes you can use to gain maximum amount of xp with minimum gold, just google for those guides. But it basically goes like this - count the number of materials you need, buy them from trading post, craft, level up your crafting. If you got enough gold saved I am sure you can get to level 500 within few hours.

If you know what you are doing and you have the mats/gold, a craft like armorsmith, leatherworker or tailor take about 1h 40m from 0 to 500. The system is the same with the crafts, once you figure it out, levelling with thick leather is as easy as with rugged leather, or even the same as with orichalcum and copper.

1. grab that item booster that lasts for 2h.
  2. refine mats until you get no crafting xp anymore. You will need them later on anyway, or can sell your surplus.
  3. when you have the refined mats, craft 9 or 12 or 15 insignias (depends on how far you got with refinement). Pick the ones with the cheapest materials (rather bones than blood). Craft 3 x Dire, 3 x Rabid and 3 x Magi for example.
  4. craft 3 x gloves, 3 x boots, 3 x helmets (sometimes not possible, pick the next cheapest)
  5. use discover to craft that shit. Never craft something you already discovered. Even if you reach a level where you could discover the next tier, use up your existing insignias and raw materials with discovery.
  6. clean up your inventory. I just salvage everything instead of selling.
  7. refine the new tier of mats until you get no more xp from it.
  8. repeat from 3. on...

When you reach a level where you could craft expensive stuff, like with hardened leather, don't do it immediately. Stretch out thick leather discovery as much as possible, so the bracket where you have to discover with expensive mats is as small as possible. From 430 or 450 on, you need gossamer insignias that are crafted with T6 materials. Do not craft them. Buy them on the market:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gossamer_Insignia

Check which ones are the cheapest. You might need 15 to 18 insignias to reach level 500, and you can only discover dire gloves once. You probably need to discover gloves, boots, helmets, shoulders with 4 different insignias. Right now I would buy 4 x dire, 4 x shaman, 4 x magi, 4 x rabid and craft materials to discover 4 x gloves, 4 x helmets etc. total of 16 discoveries.

I might have missed parts, I wrote this without access to the game only using my memory. The last craft I levelled was armorsmith maybe 4 weeks ago. It took me 1h 30m and has cost about 70 gold. It cost that much because I also crafted deldrimor steel, elonian leather squares and bolts of damask to gain levels. I either use that stuff later anyway or sell it. It's not possible when you level your first craft because the obsidian refinement has a one day cool down, and you won't have more than one of each at that time. The total costs depend on how much stuff you already have and the current market prices. Starting with nothing, I guess you can do it with 45 gold now. I would start such a session when I have 70 gold, to make sure I don't get bottle-necked by lack of materials.

As most of the other comments has suggested, leveling up crafting is not about time but more so about money... I can take a craft from 0 to 500 in just over an hour.. itll cost me about 100 gold give or take depending on what I already have in the crafting item chest

Archived