Old content extra rewards or reduce difficulty for Achievements

serghey.5470

Hi guys I think will be nice to ad some extra reward for old maps so the new players can doing the events. I was trying to do some achievements but no chance to find a group to do events,or you can reduce the difficulty or something so people can do the achievements 50% of maps are really dead thanks

@serghey.5470 said:Is not that easy to get so many people to make a meta event

Except for select few meta events, most are being run daily and multiple times, yes even core Tyria and Season maps.

What is rarer is indeed regular group events.

This discussion has been had in the past multiple times. The best suggestion here is:

1. understand how the LFG system works
  2. check if the mets event in question is on a timer and is being run regularly
  3. For Season 3 and 4 maps, make sure to visit the map when it is daily since that's when a lot more players will frequent it
  4. if all else fails, create your own LFG or join a friendly guild where players might help

I don't think that most meta events are the big offender here (although I understand you problem completely).Some group events are worse, because they are so badly balanced (e.g. that Graveyard champ in SW Istan, you never get enough people for, because it takes pre events to spawn and a long time, before it happens, while everyone is doing the "better" Istan metas) or that ogre (?) in PoF Highlands map, that needs to take an undisturbed nap, which I have seen succeed once.Which meta do you have a problem with? I think @Cyninja.2954 gave some sound suggestions for general trying to get stuff done.

Reducing the difficulty and rescaling less popular, older events seems appropriate. I do try to help people who call out, but it is sad to see so many unable to always find people to play in lesser populated maps/events.

I think Anet need to update older content more as they go along. There's plenty of examples in places like Istan, Jahai and some of the expansion events which just could use retuning

@serghey.5470 said:Hi guys I think will be nice to ad some extra reward for old maps so the new players can doing the events. I was trying to do some achievements but no chance to find a group to do events,or you can reduce the difficulty or something so people can do the achievements 50% of maps are really dead thanks

Which ones are you talking about specifically?

• Confused 1

@Galphar.3901 said:Another option would be to add New events and Achievements to the old Maps. Doing this would pull long time players back to those maps and make finding a group a lot easier.

But that would only help for a short time. Anet integrates old events into new achievements every now and then.

I still remember some Legy collections where you had to make Orr temples or events had to fail specifically. When it came to the tmples, i had to ask Gildies because over LFG or map-chat never came someone (or at most 2-3 people who unfortunately died most times constantly) For the owl event for Nevermore i put in a nightshift because this strangely never wanted to fail when I was there ~~.

And I do not even want to imagine how hard it is now for real newcomers on old maps that offer nothing interesting for long-term play. Which affects a lot of maps. As I have noticed, this also includes the POF expansion maps where LFG or mapchat are mostly ignored if it's not just about the Griffin stuff.

On the other hand, it's GUILD wars 2, so finding a guild that fits you and doesn't ignore you when you ask for help is an advantage. Not only for group play.But you have to keep in mind that the skill level in GW2 varies greatly and some players even with guild help probably never get some things done even if here in the forum of course all say how easy everything is.

Personally, I was never a fan of the constantly new maps. It was predictable that one leads to the other and newcomers by us were advised again and again to play everything as it comes, because otherwise it could be that you get some things no longer so easy.