Question about race romantic feeling

avexysv.9314

Hmm.. I dont find my text confusing, but maybe my English is bad, who knows.😅
For example, I have never seen the charr talk about a norn he loves. I think that such relationships

are possible, but not everyone wants to see that while I find it exciting. Norn and humans are not that

interesting for a romantic relationship, because they look similar. 

However, this is only my opinion. Everyone has a different opinion and that is good too. 

On 5/28/2022 at 11:28 PM, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Surprised this hasn't been linked yet in this thread: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gender_and_sexuality_in_Tyria

^ this

and even if there weren't any in-game interracial couples shown (but we still had that wiki article's information about how Tyria doesn't seem to care), i don't see why interracial couples wouldn't be allowed? all the playable races (+ a few unplayable ones i.e: largos, saltspray dragons, tengu, etc.) are sentient, sapient beings with complex emotions and feelings -- i don't quite understand why it would be a question (with needed proof) that a person of one race can make friends, bond, and fall in love with another of a different race?

• Like 1

I can't think of any prominent interracial couples. That being said, if it were to happen anywhere, it'd be either in Lions Arch, the Pact/Orders, or the Lionguard since they're basically ethnic melting pots.

That being said, I thought the Asura/Krytans were worried about extinction?

Edited by Westenev.5289

6 hours ago, Giovanelli.6071 said:

^ this

and even if there weren't any in-game interracial couples shown (but we still had that wiki article's information about how Tyria doesn't seem to care), i don't see why interracial couples wouldn't be allowed? all the playable races (+ a few unplayable ones i.e: largos, saltspray dragons, tengu, etc.) are sentient, sapient beings with complex emotions and feelings -- i don't quite understand why it would be a question (with needed proof) that a person of one race can make friends, bond, and fall in love with another of a different race?

The only rules I can ever think of being given were two simple ones.

A: Canonically, there are no half-breeds. No human-Norn couple having biological kids.

B: Sylvari cannot have children.

7 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

The only rules I can ever think of being given were two simple ones.

A: Canonically, there are no half-breeds. No human-Norn couple having biological kids.

B: Sylvari cannot have children.

i wouldn't see why that would stop any of the sapient races from having relationships together, since being in a relationship =/= wanting kids -- unless this thread is specifically asking about interracial couples with children. because then yea it gets a bit funky in regards to no in-game half (x) / half (y) children ever discussed or shown to exist (as far as i'm aware).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Giovanelli.6071 said:

i wouldn't see why that would stop any of the sapient races from having relationships together, since being in a relationship =/= wanting kids -- unless this thread is specifically asking about interracial couples with children. because then yea it gets a bit funky in regards to no in-game half (x) / half (y) children ever discussed or shown to exist (as far as i'm aware).

Oh I'm not saying that wouldn't stop such relationships. I was just meaning the only "hard rules" about it was just no sylvari babies, and no half-breeds. but a Norn and a Charr can still date. Or an Asura and a human.

17 minutes ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

Oh I'm not saying that wouldn't stop such relationships. I was just meaning the only "hard rules" about it was just no sylvari babies, and no half-breeds. but a Norn and a Charr can still date. Or an Asura and a human.

OH, sorry lmao i'd just woken up when i replied, so i misinterpreted the response

• Like 1