Is the weaver only a Dps class? (PVE)

lagrimabendita.8763

@cursE.1794 said:Weaver is part of a conspiracy to create unrealistic dps numbers in the special forces training area which will then serve as a justification for future non-weaver nerfs.Tinfoil hats were the weaver armor piece, but due to issues with reflection they decided to go with the fire/water gloves

Ele is only a DPS Class in PvE. There are no good support specs for Ele in PvE.

The only good Support Specs for PvE are:

• Druid - Spirit Buffs, Grace of the Land, and some Healing
  • Chronomancer - Alacrity and Quickness Generation
  • Berserker - Banners and Might

I should note that it is possible to generate a rather large amount of Healing as a Tempest with Overload Water and Aura Healing. However, outside of a few cases, this really isn't useful. If you are in the position where you need to ask which classes can support in PvE, then it's not worth trying to play the off-meta heal spec for Ele. Just memorize that Ele is not a Support Class for PvE, and play something else if you want to be Support.

@Neko.9021 said:Ele is only a DPS Class in PvE. There are no good support specs for Ele in PvE.

I should note that it is possible to generate a rather large amount of Healing as a Tempest with Overload Water and Aura Healing. However, outside of a few cases, this really isn't useful. If you are in the position where you need to ask which classes can support in PvE, then it's not worth trying to play the off-meta heal spec for Ele. Just memorize that Ele is not a Support Class for PvE, and play something else if you want to be Support.

Sorry but the tempest is a great healer/support in a party!

@lagrimabendita.8763 said:

@Neko.9021 said:Ele is only a DPS Class in PvE. There are no good support specs for Ele in PvE.

Neko is referring to PvE and what's "meta".

A Minstrel Tempest can dish out some serious healing, but it's not as optimum as the other classes Neko mentioned when focused only on PvE -- specifically PvE content that would require party sustain. Easy, face-roll PvE doesn't care.

For WvW, a Minstrel Tempest would be desired over some of the other healing based builds. At the moment, a Minstrel Firebrand might be better.

@juno.1840 said:

@lagrimabendita.8763 said:

Neko is referring to PvE and what's "meta".

A Minstrel Tempest can dish out some serious healing, but it's not as optimum as the other classes Neko mentioned when focused only on PvE -- specifically PvE content that would require party sustain. Easy, face-roll PvE doesn't care.

For WvW, a Minstrel Tempest would be desired over some of the other healing based builds. At the moment, a Minstrel Firebrand might be better.

I am only play PVE because the GW2 PVP sucks! (I miss GW1 PVP) and I am playing with my tempest ele T4 fractals and my team love me :)

Objectively, you could support your team as a weaver support just as much as you do as a tempest support.You just need to weave in a water/arcane/weaver build. Technically, this would allow you to maintain soothing mist, regen, protection, proc the heal on water attunment every 4 seconds on top of your weapon's healing skills. This would also allow you to add a few vuln stack/might stack.However, this might need a bit more focus in what you do than the tempest.

@lagrimabendita.8763 said:Hi

Is the weaver only a Dps class? (PVE point of view) or it could be a nice support/healer or "tanks"?

Thanks

Depends on your build and gear.I play 3x Ele, 1 zerk tempest, 1 cele tempest and 1 condi weaver.The zerk tempest and condi weaver are full time DPS and they do quite well on that.The cele tempest is all around build; can be tanky, healer, or do moderate/decent DPS (Nothing impressive). Jack of all trades if you will.

As for support, tempest has more supportive abilities than weaver in general. But if your group is on top of their game, you shouldn't need any support from anyone, nor should you have to provide it.I do condi weaver with a sword/dagger in T4 but use arcane to keep myself alive and output a bit of extra non-condi damage out, while apply condi on arcane utility use. It's self sufficient, but nowhere near as supportive to your group as tempest, if you're looking to play a healer/might stacking ele.

So if your group isn't exactly up to par, you can just swap to tempest and baby sit them or get them to L2P.

@Dadnir.5038 said:Objectively, you could support your team as a weaver support just as much as you do as a tempest support.You just need to weave in a water/arcane/weaver build. Technically, this would allow you to maintain soothing mist, regen, protection, proc the heal on water attunment every 4 seconds on top of your weapon's healing skills. This would also allow you to add a few vuln stack/might stack.However, this might need a bit more focus in what you do than the tempest.

Objectively, you can't do as well. You won't have the overloads, meaning worse access to auras and worse protection or fury uptime (depending on the line you take). You'll have worse access to water skills, thanks to the dual-attunement phasing, meaning delay in your heals. You won't have Water Overload or "Wash the pain away!", which are substantial heals. Sure, you could do a makeshift weaver support, but there's no point. Tempest will do everything the Weaver does, only better.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Objectively, you could support your team as a weaver support just as much as you do as a tempest support.You just need to weave in a water/arcane/weaver build. Technically, this would allow you to maintain
soothing mist
, regen, protection, proc the heal on water attunment every 4 seconds on top of your weapon's healing skills. This would also allow you to add a few vuln stack/might stack.However, this might need a bit more focus in what you do than the tempest.

Objectively, you can't do as well. You won't have the overloads, meaning worse access to auras and worse protection or fury uptime (depending on the line you take). You'll have worse access to water skills, thanks to the dual-attunement phasing, meaning delay in your heals. You won't have Water Overload or "Wash the pain away!", which are substantial heals. Sure, you could do a makeshift weaver support, but there's no point. Tempest will do everything the Weaver does, only better.

You sure don't have any fury uptime but perma protection is doable. The point is that you do not focus on aura as a weaver but on switching attunment which have way shorter cool down than any other elementalist spec. You are right that there will be difference in skills that heals but not that much. The support granted by the support weaver is different than the one granted by the tempest in both it's form and end result. But it doesn't mean that it is inferior, just different.

The key traits on what I suggest is the first minor of the weaver that reduce your attunment cool down to 4 seconds and the second minor in arcane that grant a boon to you and your allies each time you switch to another attunment. With a proper attunment rotation, you maintain at least regen and protection with ease. If you take water magic on top of that, soothing mist become a given and you have the possibility to cleanse conditions at a pretty decent rate. Yes, the playstyle is very different than the tempest's playstyle. Inferior? I don't think so.

You can pick Air over Earth and use Zephyr's Boon. With some boon duration bonuses - which you should have anyway - you can have it up permanently with the amount of auras you can apply as a Tempest. The reason nobody does that is just that Fury is already covered by other classes and there's no need. But you can totally do it. Which reminds me that as a Tempest you can pump out a lot of Might as well (Overload Fire and Heat Sync).

The problem with what you're proposing is you're pretty much locked into Water/Earth and Earth/Water attunement to maintain reasonable prot uptime. It doesn't leave space for much. It doesn't let you blast your staff water fields which give a lot of extra healing. It might have a bit more soft CC - although that's is debatable, as on a Tempest you run both "Flash Freeze" and "Aftershock!" - but that's all. Gameplay will be different, sure. But healing will be strictly worse (remember, you can run Soothing Mist on a Water/Arcane/Tempest staff as well), and supplied boons will be less.

Archived