World Linking 3/26/2021

Cal Cohen.2358

The only thing the linking system encourages is to delete the game and never come back. Not giving a link to certain servers and make them suffer for few months is server rasicm and discrimination.I wanted to play the game again in PvE and WvW equally and probably buy the next expansion, but after few days on a server without a link, outnumbered every minute 24\7, i will just delete the game, it is uplayable while other servers with a link are allowed to "have fun" and steamroll with 5 times more players by Anet. Pathetic.The game may be balanced or not, faire or not, but rules must be equal - everyone should have a link or noone, not like now Anet makes players suffer on certain servers.The day befor relinking, Anet developer: "Yo, let's make players on this or that server struggle for few months, hahaha, will be fuun"2nd Anet developer: ""Yea, they will get NO LINK and will get steamrolled 24\7 looooool, sounds like fun, those players deserved that"

• Like 1

@"Daredevil.2745" the only real issue with unlinked (in the present system) is that your population overall is tiny and even shrinks due to transfer offs. outside of that, u can play quite fine. field one zerg or blob of 35-45 and play at least during prime times, or whenever u can field that numbers. it's pretty effective to be able to actually jump maps.

we had that on desolation two times half year, and it wasn't the worst case to have. in off hours, everything is pretty chaotic either way. surely, at first people who play only casual find this chaotic openblobcloud fights fun and "content", but it is exactly what causes the population levels explode literally. it's the played hours that overfill servers and then the system gets them unlinked.

so partly it surely is also the players' issue, but the system should not even be working like that, it's kinda automated way into the abyss. and the players think they are strong and godtier, whenever they have like 20 people or 30+ more than the people they're fighting. they think they "win" now bc they take a lot of undefended objectives, and keep the karmatrain up for hours.

just: this backfires. the motivation peaks, other people bandwagon the link till its a full + veryhigh server+link. this alone raises the chances to get unlinked immensely. in EU, always 2 servers need to be unlinked due to the odd numbers. another reason imo that the link system is bad afterall.

if everyone would be unlinked, it would likely be just better. the smaller few servers would just get added to other low pop ones randomly and getting a free transfer.

For some stupid reason decided to log into wvw today. Since this morning Greens (WSR+Deso) are spawn camping in EBG...this is really sad. So I guess this is T1 eh?Maybe it would help if blues and reds don't flip anything to send out a message about the problem, but i highly doubt this will happen.

I am surprised how they can offer so much coverage, I thought they were not always online he he he. I can barely leave spawn camp, they just sit in our keep and treb, or treb from SM - skillful I might add.

@Anaide.8251 said:For some stupid reason decided to log into wvw today. Since this morning Greens (WSR+Deso) are spawn camping in EBG...this is really sad. So I guess this is T1 eh?Maybe it would help if blues and reds don't flip anything to send out a message about the problem, but i highly doubt this will happen.

I am surprised how they can offer so much coverage, I thought they were not always online he he he. I can barely leave spawn camp, they just sit in our keep and treb, or treb from SM - skillful I might add.

By making such links ArenaNet wanted to show what players on your server deserve.

And don't say that it is all automatic bla bla, it is working as intened to help certain servers and to bully others. ArenaNet could close transfers and make it 1 transfer per year. But they don't do that, so it is not hard to draw conclusions.

@"Anaide.8251" said:For some stupid reason decided to log into wvw today. Since this morning Greens (WSR+Deso) are spawn camping in EBG...this is really sad. So I guess this is T1 eh?Maybe it would help if blues and reds don't flip anything to send out a message about the problem, but i highly doubt this will happen.

thats why we dropped.

last day looked like this:

gYDWL5e.png

we feeded blue for ppk because it was a tie between us. they tried the same but we won and went to t2 xDthink a lot not even care about which Tier we are. just have fun for some hours, done. Saturday lost a lot because we made a 7hrs long drunk raid with 50+ ppl :D

@Anaide.8251 said:For some stupid reason decided to log into wvw today. Since this morning Greens (WSR+Deso) are spawn camping in EBG...this is really sad. So I guess this is T1 eh?Maybe it would help if blues and reds don't flip anything to send out a message about the problem, but i highly doubt this will happen.

how often to repeat this, yeah that is kinda what t1 is about. desolation is a very ppt heavy server if they got one to do the fighting. you'll get spawn camped

deso has a very high night population (11pm- 6am is one of their common ppt opentags) and WSR probs covers the primetime and earlier day. if ppt would give a price, that'd be a pretty strong combo. like this, they are kinda doomed to be stuck in tier 1 tho.

surely, easier said then done, but don't let them take objectives if u don't want them to sit inside to gank you. if u lost like EBG keep, swap borders or log, and recap later. biggest mistake is to feed few gankers that farm u with keep buffs and siege. if u play it correctly, nobody can spawncamp you.

@"Daredevil.2745" i mean, u can be sure that it is not about bullying. neither by the company nor by the players. players want to have a good environment, be it the challenge or the farm. company wants ... probably money. we don't know, but they won't do it to "bully you".

closing transfers with this toxic link system would be a suicide of the format man. bad idea.

@phreeak.1023 nobody seriously cares about tiers. only, if u have a server that has a lot of activity, you won't go too low in tiers, bc that'd cut u of content. t5 is simply empty compared to all others. t1 has simply the servers with the most player numbers - quantity (exceptionally, with WSR also quality now)

the only reason to rise or drop tiers is bc u want the other matchup or bc u don't want it. and even then, cannot really manipulate every matchup. i'd never just mass suicide into one server to feed the ppt over ppk. u can just stop playing and/or not taking objectives, and you'll lose ppt anyways then. gotta start soon enough, most matches ppt-scores are set on wednesday, some even before that.

the link system is just not a great thing, since it creates matchups based on algorithms while the servers are used as markers, despite those servers' compositions doswitch up quite often.

It's just combination of mass transfers with an off hour server.

Deso never held SM for long before this linking or had big coverage. Theres influx of guilds, 24/7 pptmanders and scouts on WSR.

Overall T1 is pretty boring, enemy isnt even trying to fight, just not play and drop.

Please just remove link servers completely, this just happens every 2 months on different server. Keeping the timezones and populations more constant will lead to better server building and you can actually tell usual time for fights

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

how often to repeat this, yeah that is kinda what t1 is about. desolation is a very ppt heavy server if they got one to do the fighting. you'll get spawn camped

deso has a very high night population (11pm- 6am is one of their common ppt opentags) and WSR probs covers the primetime and earlier day. if ppt would give a price, that'd be a pretty strong combo. like this, they are kinda doomed to be stuck in tier 1 tho.

surely, easier said then done, but don't let them take objectives if u don't want them to sit inside to gank you. if u lost like EBG keep, swap borders or log, and recap later. biggest mistake is to feed few gankers that farm u with keep buffs and siege. if u play it correctly, nobody can spawncamp you.

@"Daredevil.2745" i mean, u can be sure that it is not about bullying. neither by the company nor by the players. players want to have a good environment, be it the challenge or the farm. company wants ... probably money. we don't know, but they won't do it to "bully you".

closing transfers with this toxic link system would be a suicide of the format man. bad idea.

@phreeak.1023 nobody seriously cares about tiers. only, if u have a server that has a lot of activity, you won't go too low in tiers, bc that'd cut u of content. t5 is simply empty compared to all others. t1 has simply the servers with the most player numbers - quantity (exceptionally, with WSR also quality now)

the only reason to rise or drop tiers is bc u want the other matchup or bc u don't want it. and even then, cannot really manipulate every matchup. i'd never just mass suicide into one server to feed the ppt over ppk. u can just stop playing and/or not taking objectives, and you'll lose ppt anyways then. gotta start soon enough, most matches ppt-scores are set on wednesday, some even before that.

the link system is just not a great thing, since it creates matchups based on algorithms while the servers are used as markers, despite those servers' compositions doswitch up quite often.

So both servers should by all means never get a linked server again. People transfering each relink should also be limited.

@Threather.9354 said:It's just combination of mass transfers with an off hour server.

Deso never held SM for long before this linking or had big coverage. Theres influx of guilds, 24/7 pptmanders and scouts on WSR.

Overall T1 is pretty boring, enemy isnt even trying to fight, just not play and drop.

Please just remove link servers completely, this just happens every 2 months on different server. Keeping the timezones and populations more constant will lead to better server building and you can actually tell usual time for fights

Same thing happened last year, when they linked underworld with Deso, but the linking system still makes the same mistakes.

Otherwise, in the current state of WvW on the EU, Deso could be a link server, once the activity dies down with so few guilds left and once the Fairweathers leave.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to take a look at your population and linking algorithm ANet. How is it that 2 servers in T1 EU with a supposedly high population, not even very high, let alone full. Can go for over 2 weeks and not lose a single skirmish. 

Clearly you have your figures very wrong and they are both totally stacked with players at all hours of the day. Even if every player on those servers was unbelievably good at the game and the rest of the servers suddenly forgot which keys to press, they would not have the 24/7 coverage to win every skirmish for weeks on end with the population you claim. Back to the drawing board I think.

Yes we all know WSR is a bandwagon server that will be abandoned if they lose their link, but such lack of balance is only going to serve to drive people out of the game. Your call.

On 5/1/2021 at 7:42 AM, MoonT.6845 said:

You need to take a look at your population and linking algorithm ANet. How is it that 2 servers in T1 EU with a supposedly high population, not even very high, let alone full. Can go for over 2 weeks and not lose a single skirmish. 

Clearly you have your figures very wrong and they are both totally stacked with players at all hours of the day. Even if every player on those servers was unbelievably good at the game and the rest of the servers suddenly forgot which keys to press, they would not have the 24/7 coverage to win every skirmish for weeks on end with the population you claim. Back to the drawing board I think.

Yes we all know WSR is a bandwagon server that will be abandoned if they lose their link, but such lack of balance is only going to serve to drive people out of the game. Your call.

Obviously this just allowed more ppt chatmanders to transfer in for the pugs to follow, but also every server including FSP has been trying to drop down a tier and besides their link tryharding , it's a free ktrain for those pugs and chatmanders on Deso and WSR.

These Fairweathers are gone once the relinks changes things, as long as Anet reshuffles the links though. 

I won't be logging on much for the next couple of weeks, outside of my guild raids at least.

Funny thing is Aspring, is that even vendoll was spawn camping on WSR..

Edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048