Remove block option on right click for world vs world when clicking other world player

Dagnis.2936

There's really no reason to allow the block list so many features-- no other platform allows you to track people you block and defending it is really stupid.

What would be sensible is to allow cross server messaging but have it opt out by default, and make an actual block feature.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

I have in 5 years of this game, met a total of 1 player that I enjoy playing with. Because this community sucks and is beyond antisocial.

That player I met because they blocked me and wrote to me after a few duels. Now they're a core member of my team (the only one that I actually met in GW2). Removing the block function would have prevented this. Definitively against it.

Also getting salty whispers/mails is one of the few reasons I play this game

Edited by lodjur.1284

but if u play the game for salty whispers, you rather seem to not find antisocial communities bad?

and that's pretty wrong. there are a ton of big discords across the Wvw servers. it's very social actually. way more social than i really could have time for. the community just got quite small, because a lot of people that u find in Wvw are so casual that they probably do not even know about it.

others refuse to join the community discords. so yeah, don't complain about a community beeing isolationist, bc all discords are free to enter (most have even public chat, ofc the closed chat is only for server or link members)

No. If some opponent is on my friend's list, I can't tell which friend it is because there are no other options than to use block/unblock.

And then it's a simple thing to block if the opponent sends salty whispers.

Edited by Chaba.5410

3 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

but if u play the game for salty whispers, you rather seem to not find antisocial communities bad?

and that's pretty wrong. there are a ton of big discords across the Wvw servers. it's very social actually. way more social than i really could have time for. the community just got quite small, because a lot of people that u find in Wvw are so casual that they probably do not even know about it.

others refuse to join the community discords. so yeah, don't complain about a community beeing isolationist, bc all discords are free to enter (most have even public chat, ofc the closed chat is only for server or link members)

What a meme.

I ofc mean people I actually wanna be around. 

Compared to other games I've played I managed to make friends (that I still play with here, 6 years later, in just a few months), here I have as I said met 1 person I play with regularly, from the enemy faction. Why they'd wanna make this harder I can't see why.

The community overall is a cesspool honestly, so finding anyone from there is already a massive challenge, that they then have to at least be at a level of gameplay where they can to some degree keep up and learn, means that there isn't exactly a lot of people to pick from. 

I am more than happy with my GW2 friend circle, but that only 1/5 was met in this game is hardly a coincidence.

Of course if one has zero standards then getting to know people isn't particularly hard, but what's the point?

4 hours ago, lodjur.1284 said:

I have in 5 years of this game, met a total of 1 player that I enjoy playing with. Because this community sucks and is beyond antisocial.

That player I met because they blocked me and wrote to me after a few duels. Now they're a core member of my team (the only one that I actually met in GW2). Removing the block function would have prevented this. Definitively against it.

Also getting salty whispers/mails is one of the few reasons I play this game

Yea, I wouldn't want to disable cross server whispers myself. I like to share salty whispers, like the time someone called me a cleaning product and then asked for help on double teaming the 3rd server (???) Much social skills lol.

It's unfortunate that you haven't gotten many people to play with; you seem quite knowledgeable about WvW.  Just nothing after all this relinking around?

3 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yea, I wouldn't want to disable cross server whispers myself. I like to share salty whispers, like the time someone called me a cleaning product and then asked for help on double teaming the 3rd server (???) Much social skills lol.

It's unfortunate that you haven't gotten many people to play with; you seem quite knowledgeable about WvW.  Just nothing after all this relinking around?

Just high standards and difficult personality, moving server every few months so relinks don't really matter. 

Got a tight knit group the majority from a different game, that obvs move with me. But still it's strange just how difficult it is make friends in this game compared to others. I'd say how hard talking to enemies is, is a contributing factor. 

But honestly I wouldn't want more than like 1 more person to play with as for me group sizes above 5 aren't very fun. 

14 minutes ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Just high standards and difficult personality, moving server every few months so relinks don't really matter. 

Got a tight knit group the majority from a different game, that obvs move with me. But still it's strange just how difficult it is make friends in this game compared to others. I'd say how hard talking to enemies is, is a contributing factor. 

But honestly I wouldn't want more than like 1 more person to play with as for me group sizes above 5 aren't very fun. 

Yea, I dunno. A lot of the game is just designed for single player, and many people opposed stuff where you have to group together. It has led to stuff where problems could be solved by just asking other people but they just don't. It's like that other group that will just yolo into an enemy when you aren't ready yet and then only talk when they die because you didn't follow them.  A lot of the problems posted on these forums could easily be solved by communicating too.

Also I think the game was designed for 5 person parties from the start, and balance easily collapses when it heads beyond that. They tried to make it 10 with raids, but those changes were nothing short of disastrous and raids are kinda dead themselves with no development there. But all those global changes affect wvw sadly. Letting Guardians give 10 people stability was just like 😮

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

23 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yea, I dunno. A lot of the game is just designed for single player, and many people opposed stuff where you have to group together. It has led to stuff where problems could be solved by just asking other people but they just don't. It's like that other group that will just yolo into an enemy when you aren't ready yet and then only talk when they die because you didn't follow them.  A lot of the problems posted on these forums could easily be solved by communicating too.

Also I think the game was designed for 5 person parties from the start, and balance easily collapses when it heads beyond that. They tried to make it 10 with raids, but those changes were nothing short of disastrous and raids are kinda dead themselves with no development there. But all those global changes affect wvw sadly. Letting Guardians give 10 people stability was just like 😮

Ye, especially when one is only interested in people one could form long lasting real bonds with who also have to be (or at least the potential to be) excellent players because of the type of content you enjoy (2-5 people, heavily outnumbered fights), the options are really limited, Since a lot of people are either not good enough people, or not good enough players or both.

That this game seems to actively discourage you from actually talking to people makes the problem worse. Making enemy names just visible in plaintext would imo be an improvement.