Expansion and balance updates, Where is the end to bot programs cheating and hacking ???

Jaising.7253

At least 15 players just witnessed a ranger use invisibility approximately 10x in a row with no pet (dead) running from the WC side of dredge through the caverns all the way safely to Anz.

The ranger was crippled, dotted, and yet he outran my superspeed the whole time being attacked by our group and did not fall below 10% health.

This is just a tiny example of the constant cheating by players in wvw using illegal bot and  hacking programs to give their character an unfair advantage all the time.

I have reported over 500 players and submitted tickets and detailed accounts and these players blocked by me on my list are still allowed everyday to upset the balance and cheat.

For the love of GOD please put an end to the bots and hackers using illegal programs before you update and expand.

My favorite hacking cheat is the downed necro or ranger that ports over 1500 distance away as your stomping them. 

There is no ability for those classes that would allow them to do so.

• Like 5

They were never able to deal with fly hackers since year one, hence why orbs of power were taken out of the game.

They have no way to deal with hack programs since they don't run any anticheat programs like a lot of fps games do these days, and last time they tried there was a community uproar about it I believe.

Since the game is free to play on core there's no point to banning accounts, the hacker will just roll up another account and continue using their hacks. Only other thing to do here is ban free to play accounts from wvw and pvp, which probably won't happen because they need players in those areas. Plus $15 for PoF/HoT/Core on sale is cheap enough for someone to risk hacking anyways.

Only thing left is the mock the idiots that actually need to cheat in an easy free to play game, needing to pay to hack to stay alive cause they that bad.

• Like 2

They're basically screwed on this one. Going F2P brings the numbers, but lord are those dirty numbers.
Even anticheat won't stop it.

Look at any Valve game. Being free to play just invites the lowest of the low, because there is no way to actually punish them.

You can win it for a while, when you're first pumping millions upon millions into research and strategies. But eventually it won't be a financially viable option, and at that point the game is over. You lose.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

They were never able to deal with fly hackers since year one, hence why orbs of power were taken out of the game.

They have no way to deal with hack programs since they don't run any anticheat programs like a lot of fps games do these days, and last time they tried there was a community uproar about it I believe.

Since the game is free to play on core there's no point to banning accounts, the hacker will just roll up another account and continue using their hacks. Only other thing to do here is ban free to play accounts from wvw and pvp, which probably won't happen because they need players in those areas. Plus $15 for PoF/HoT/Core on sale is cheap enough for someone to risk hacking anyways.

Only thing left is the mock the idiots that actually need to cheat in an easy free to play game, needing to pay to hack to stay alive cause they that bad.

F2P accounts shouldn’t have access to instant content, only core pve maps.

If they want to play wvw/pvp, then they should have to buy a full copy of the game. If anet can actually start banning these full accounts forcing them to buy new games every time they get caught/banned then it’s more money in anet pocket which would hopefully start being able to get some staff on to balance/dev this game better.

• Like 2

I almost never see ftp accounts in wvw these days, as 99% of the players are on mounts.

But again you can get accounts for as cheap as $15, heck some of these programs I believe even have a sub that cost $10-15 a month, not exactly busting someone's wallet with a ban there. If accounts were $60-80 then sure ban away and really hurt them.

14 hours ago, Jaising.7253 said:

At least 15 players just witnessed a ranger use invisibility approximately 10x in a row with no pet (dead) running from the WC side of dredge through the caverns all the way safely to Anz.

The ranger was crippled, dotted, and yet he outran my superspeed the whole time being attacked by our group and did not fall below 10% health.

This is just a tiny example of the constant cheating by players in wvw using illegal bot and  hacking programs to give their character an unfair advantage all the time.

I have reported over 500 players and submitted tickets and detailed accounts and these players blocked by me on my list are still allowed everyday to upset the balance and cheat.

For the love of GOD please put an end to the bots and hackers using illegal programs before you update and expand.

My favorite hacking cheat is the downed necro or ranger that ports over 1500 distance away as your stomping them. 

There is no ability for those classes that would allow them to do so.

I have seen much, MUCH more hacking in the past few months, even from servers that I almost never noticed hackers on. Most people should know what I am talking about, some servers just seem to be filled with hackers, even hacking guilds and other servers nothing, or maybe one or two solo players hacking.

Port hacking (port to mouse location program) has gone up, I see at LEAST one every time I play, often times the same player....who I have reported each time, weeks later, they are still at it. Sorry, but these people never get banned, and when they do, it should be a perm ban, not temp. I can understand temp for botting, but straight cheating in WvW/PvP? Perm ban first time.

14 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Well, to be fair, the last time they monitored and took personal data including ALL programs installed, HW info etc etc from anyone with the game installed. That is a HUGE privacy no no and the fact they did that is insane, they rightfully got chewed out for that. It was cheap and lazy at the cost of users.

However, they don't even need that, I just want them to act on the HUNDREDS of reports I have personally sent, with VIDEO of the cheating of which I have been banned many times for posting because weeks and months later, the person is still playing and hacking showing that they dont take action. I think most people would be happy just to see this change.

5 hours ago, DemonSeed.3528 said:

If you guys pay attention, you'll see that a lot of the hackers are also on well established accounts or accounts that have hot/pof so just saying it is all f2p is an incorrect assumption.

Yep, I noticed this to, people saying "its the f2p accounts", but outside of one player, NONE of the others were core classes and many with high ranks or legendary gear. So it's for sure not a f2p exclusive problem, not saying that doesn't happen, but over all the hackers I see are established accounts.