Where is Rev heading?

Disclaimer this post is about PVE only.

When the patch notes came out about Mesmer getting Alacrity I was worried, now seeing the unrefined builds maintaining alacrity, fury and +25 might in full vipers I'm horrified.

I have to ask the question where is this class going? The original idea to give alacrity to Rev only was to allow them a raid spot after 2 years of being effectively exiled in HoT. They have gone and destroyed that one thing that was holding the line. Yes, i am aware that Rev will still be viable but Mesmer is now best in slot its just like Healing yes Ventari can go some off healing but how often do you see it?

My point is I feel has though Rev has again lost more footing , with a class that already had a very limited role in PvE. I feel like this class is again being treated like an afterthought and we heading straight back into obscurity.   What are your thoughts on this? Am i just overreacting?  What do you see as the future areas for Rev?

As it looks right now:

PvE Raids:

Condi Renegade - Looking good

Alacrigade - Inferior to Mirage Alacrity in most situations unless you just really need more breaks

Fractals:

Alacrigade - Unsure, but may still be meta because of breaks at least

PvP:

Condi Herald - nerfed hard against condi pressure

SB Renegade - not much changed

Will need to see how the overall meta settles to really see how things go here

WvW:

Power Herald - still ok, but may fall out of favor, depending on the meta

Roaming - Likely still ok, but still not an ideal choice

Overall, I'd put the patch as an overall nerf to revenant, particularly for build diversity since some builds were nerfed without there being any new builds that are more viable than they were before.

• Like 1

Just don't play condi in competitive due to torment changes and the nerf to resistance. Power is going to have a rougher time but you can use resolution to sustain a bit versus conditions.

It's fine in PVE regardless of if you play alacrity renegade, power herald (which while isn't a massive benchmark class is rather consistent especially if you run Notoriety instead of Assassin's Presence), power renegade , or condi renegade. Heal renegade is going to be iffy with the change to soulcleave summit.

I'm not sure why alacrity was given to mirage honestly but the situations where I'd put staff spamming mirage as a better pick is probably the places where confusion excels and there aren't many added mobs. Elsewhere you would probably rather have power damage so alacrity renegade is still a better pick, especially if you have breakbars to deal with and AoE boon removal is wanted (i.e. fractals).

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Confused 1

Right now with the buff to underperforming classes ,like Mirage and scrapper,   + the nerf to the Rene-Elite

Renegade came to an decent spot in every game mode. 

Core rev and herald are right now kinda... underperforming. Core is always kinda weak (doesnt matter which class) ,so lets talk about herald. PvP & WvW were almost completely relying on the Condi herald variant, which is now pretty much dead. Power herald is "ok" at max. 

In PvE ,herald is a mediocre to underwhelming Dps class, mediocre-underwhelming Healer/supporter. Its support can be covered by almost every other class aswell. 

Herald right now mostly relys on its CC-Skills and PvE-Sustain. So imo, it should be one of the next classes that could get a "push for underperforming classes" and "more build diversity for herald"

• Like 2