An Honest Look - Exceed Skills

Chaith.8256

@coro.3176 said:

@coro.3176 said:Disagree with unblockable. There's too much of it in the game already. I can only think of all the times I've swapped to Toolkit just in time, popped Gear Shield only to have the attacks go right through and kill me anyway. It's one thing for big slow wind-up attacks to be unblockable (or ground AoEs or other easily avoidable things), but just giving unblockable to random attacks is bad design IMO. It just feels unfair for your opponent.

Agree with the rest of the suggestions. Exceed is disappointing right now.

Just thought I'd add this as an example of what I mean:

Boo unblockable.

X seconds of unblockable-ness, in practice, limited to longbow Soulbeast and Gunflame Berserkers. That's a VERY strong unblockable effect, reserved for dedicated projectile builds, and pretty far from what I think should be made widely available. Basilisk venom & Phase traversal unblockable are good comparisons to what I proposed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lot I agree with as many Engis had similar discussions before. I'm hopeful for tomorrow, but when are we ever actually. I think for starters, I'd like to see some actual combo-finishers/combo-fields and we can work from there. I do wish I can replace Coolant Blast/Cauterize over Healing Turret, and I'm all for a Fire Aura over being Burnt.

I hope to see some actual sword main-hand improvements as well...but I doubt it will get much attention if off-hand Holosmith stays core.

Sourced discussions from before:

@LUST.7241 said:I hope to see some actual sword main-hand improvements as well...but I doubt it will get much attention if off-hand Holosmith stays core.

Dual wielding swords, the dream...

Warrior got a pair of daggers, why can't we have a pair of swords? Even more considering that we are, along with elementalists, the profession with least weapon choices.

Give Holosmith And Weaver Another Sword!

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@LUST.7241 said:I hope to see some actual sword main-hand improvements as well...but I doubt it will get much attention if off-hand Holosmith stays core.

Dual wielding swords, the dream...

Warrior got a pair of daggers, why can't we have a pair of swords? Even more considering that we are, along with elementalists, the profession with least weapon choices.

Give Holosmith And Weaver Another Sword!

Or even heat bonuses for other weapons. SMH

The way engie is built ruins everything. When they add a weapon to an elementalist, it's basically 8 to 20 new abilities. And since they don't give us new kits because it's not our profession mechanic, we end up with 2 to 5 new skills. Photon Forge being there the exception that finally gives us the opportunity to have another kit. Even the devs cheated to implement a new kit : they didn't call it a kit and put it in our toolbelt bar.

Archived