Druid and how to build up celestial avatar question

Shaun.1802

I use Shaman and Settler combo, but someone was saying that doing condi damage does not count towards building up celestial avatar.  If thats the case was considering Celestial/Marshal  but not sure that combo will have the toughness or vitality i need. 

the basics are Resounding_Timbre with commands and Signet_of_Renewal for passive generation. You can use also healing food which heals you over time.

20 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Not sure why you would use that on druid though, typically water spirit is taken.

because the druid recharges by tick of healing, no matter the ammount of healing by each tick. Troll unguent ticks 8 times for you and your pet which trasnalates in trigger the trait Live_Vicariously. So after a cast with troll unguent the bar is usually pretty fill.

Also troll unguent is one of the best heals at the level of "We_Heal_As_One!" when this heal was at 20s cd in wvw, because of the ticking and cleanses it brings is better against condtions like poison.

Although for me unless the mechanic changes Resounding_Timbre is always better as it heals 5 allies at the same time which means faster generation.

The trap use is mostly because of runes pf the trapper and the additional access to stealth. Otherwise the trap is being always subpar as it requires combo the field to get a good use. Water spirit is for raids and because it provides group regeneration, spirits dont have any use anywhere else because they are static.

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you're running druid in WvW you're doing it wrong. If you're running druid in instanced PVE then you would use water spirit, why would you use Troll Unguent? If you're running druid in PVP then you are in the decap role typically but that's not applicable as settler stat doesn't exist there.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Infusion.7149 said:

If you're running druid in WvW you're doing it wrong. If you're running druid in instanced PVE then you would use water spirit, why would you use Troll Unguent? If you're running druid in PVP then you are in the decap role typically but that's not applicable as settler stat doesn't exist there.

is druid used in pvp thou? from the nerf to glyph of tides the class lost it's decap potential and i ahvent seen any. mostly trapper soulbeast or core.

Druid is run in wvw and is the most dominant build in that game mode, trailblazzer trapper druid with ancient seeds.if you run soulbeast in wvw definitely you need to get up to date with the patches.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

is druid used in pvp thou? from the nerf to glyph of tides the class lost it's decap potential and i ahvent seen any. mostly trapper soulbeast or core.

Druid is run in wvw and is the most dominant build in that game mode, trailblazzer trapper druid with ancient seeds.if you run soulbeast in wvw definitely you need to get up to date with the patches.

Any condi build is basically a roaming build , it would be near useless in a group scenario since trailblazer gives zero healing power.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 3:59 PM, Shaun.1802 said:

I use Shaman and Settler combo, but someone was saying that doing condi damage does not count towards building up celestial avatar.  If thats the case was considering Celestial/Marshal  but not sure that combo will have the toughness or vitality i need. 

My good dude, CA Kit builds the most from when you heal yourself. You need to be using effects like Regen On Command use, or small Regen with Protection on dodge roll, or Dolyak Rune #6 ability, or Holographic Super Cake slow regen effect. <- These things when combined will quickly generate your CA Kit as you take damage.

No amount of damage that you could deal would transcend the speed of CA Kit generation from having even just a single Regen Boon on yourself.

Look into the options I mentioned to you.

• Thanks 1