2v2 deatchmatch rocks!

I'm a long time core necro main when it comes to pvp and i enjoyed the 2v2 mode LOADS.
So much better than conquest for me. Here's why:

1. no running marathons between points. Seriously, what is fun about running simulator on maps like Capricorn, Eternal Colloseum or Legacy of Foefire?

2. Adjusting your build actually matters. With 5 enemies there's no point. Fat chance enemies won't have condi spammer, cc machine and power burster all in one team. But with 2v2 that's different. There will be holes, there will be clear strong sides. You can get a lot of success by adjusting your build pregame to what the enemy team's comp is.

3. short and sweet. Being stuck in a 5-8mins losing game is still lot more fun that being stuck in 12mins losing one..

4. you matter more. 50% of your team is you. I'll take that over being 20% of my team and having 80% of my success in hands of others, thank you very much!

So be sure to bring it back, or better yet make it a perma addition to ranked, where ppl can choose wheather they want conquest, 2v2 or both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

I see why you like that mode as a necro main

Core necro main. Don't throw me in with scourges. And yes i love it because it's fair. Necro is supposed to be the durable profession. In 5v5 that equals to surviving 3 seconds of getting dogpiled while your team just watches, or playing "durable" profession more  cowardly than a thief..

In 2v2 i have died multiple times when I screwed up on the defense side. It is very possible to shut down a necro still. It is however a much fairer contest, where if necro does use proper defense at a proper time he is not deleted in moments all the same cause it's five people focusing one guy. 

So yeah i like it cause it removes the dogpile cheese and makes both me and my enemies actually honestly outplay the other for the win.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Core necro main. Don't throw me in with scourges. And yes i love it because it's fair. Necro is supposed to be the durable profession. In 5v5 that equals to surviving 3 seconds of getting dogpiled while your team just watches, or playing "durable" profession more  cowardly than a thief..

In 2v2 i have died multiple times when I screwed up on the defense side. It is very possible to shut down a necro still. It is however a much fairer contest, where if necro does use proper defense at a proper time he is not deleted in moments all the same cause it's five people focusing one guy. 

So yeah i like it cause it removes the dogpile cheese and makes both me and my enemies actually honestly outplay the other for the win.

I don't want that you dislike the gamemod and see that you are a core necro main, but even then a core necro is one of the best survivera in 5vs5 conquest, it's not easy but players like gornit, Jobe and adham show how mostly unkillable a necro can be in 5vs5, and if you know how, it's rly hard killable necros in 2vs2, too. 

If you like the mode, I can understand why I like it too, but necro and guard are heavily busted in this gamemode because of its high sustain and no dmg from the other classes

Throwaway take:

I find it particularly funny that 2v2 deathmatch has the potential to be incredibly engaging and fun to play, but people are so concerned with winning every single match that they come across that they play bunker scourge and ruin that experience for themselves and anyone they interact with.

At the end of the day they have a ranked badge nobody cares about, because the only people playing it for any particular stretch are also bunkers. It's like watching a monkey trap in action. If people were willing to not run bunker and play some interesting pairings, 2v2 would be much more interesting, but nobody is willing to do that because they'd have to give up a few wins. 

The balancing efforts can only take the game so far. No matter how fair the game is, it will always be unengaging and boring if the people you're playing against are determined to be obnoxious. Sure, the balancing for scourge was excessive, but if it wasn't bunker scourge it would be bunker something else. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

2v2 and 3v3 is a boring snooze-fest where build plays for you.
and every single game is decided by what class/build you play against what class/build
this forces people to use broken kitten like support spam, necro spam, prot holo and things of that nature, and if you try something else here is a middle finger and kitten off and wait for 5v5
Out of 28 games I played this 2v2 ( I was physically unable to force myself to play more ) I had only fun 2 games, due to both team using 4fun builds and generally both having a good chance, every single other game consisted off cheesy kitten scourge + X comps where skill didnt matter and you were actively punished for trying to play anything fun and engaging.

i used to hate this modality, but the last 3 days I've been playing for the rewards and had a lot of fun, now I'm sad that it ended so soon.

But I've seen some problems:

-Certain classes suck in these "cage" arenas, and casuals dont know it. bad luck if you got them in your team.

-In case of draw you en up playing 4 matches, this is a excessive waste of time.

-i've seen more bots than ever. anet does nothing, the same bots day after day with the "full lootbag" icon.