What with players that support you - buying Gems? @ANET

Whether people feel like they've been conned out of a content that has been free several times before including on release and is again as a promotional event or not :

The desired effect occured. People are playing on maps rarely ever visited otherwise. Old players who missed said content are taking their chances to go for it. People who had nothing to do are also going for it in order to get a future content reward. New folks get interested and potentially get the expansion package.

It's driving the active population up before the announcement of the next expansion which is a smart decision. I hope they continue that trend, as it's a rather good way to keep your community together. It avoids people being locked out and maintain a bit of equilibrium on map populations.

If it takes hurting the feelings of a few who for some reason -bought- the thing despite knowing the company had a habit of re-releasing content for free, I say it is worth it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I'm pretty certain, ur Able to start the quest for ur friends.. I've read that 100% in a description somewhere.. its defintly a thing. oh oki looking into it they dont get rewards for it.

but yes they can get onto the maps

There are only 3 LS maps you can enter without having to unlock LS first in some way (in fact, those maps are even accessible to f2p players - you can just walk right into them whenever you want) - Southsun from LS1, Dry Top and Silverwastes from LS2. Any other LS map you have to have an unlock to be able to enter - without that unlock, no method will be able to get you there. So, i don't know where you heard otherwise, but if someone said told you something different, they were wrong.

Edited by Astralporing.1957

3 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

I totally agree with OP point of view. I used to play LS1, but at the end of it I was hardly sick and only returned during second half/end of Ls3. In fact only got the two last episodes. I had to buy all the episodes for 200 gems each (little advise here, don't buy them in story journal, it is a scam, buy them in packs on gemstore). So 8 for ls2, 4 for ls3, a total of 1600 gems. If calculation ok.

Does anyone knows what is 1600 gems in gold or on term of items? Yeah, 2 outfits or a prenium mount skin in sale!!!

Sure the fact that they put it for free is cool for the newcomers, but it is an insult to the veterrans who missed it like me for health reasons or family issues. 

I asked for the help of support through ticket and the only, vague, answer I got was "We aren't able to give support about those episodes purchased in that time period. They are unlocked and can't be took away"

They understood nothing of my concern and in addition that answer doesn't make sense. I don't ask to remove them, just to refund my 1600 gems because they are now free. And for the time period, there is a thing existing in your game, Gemstore "history tab" but I bet you can track which got purchased in story journal too.

I'm sorry but I don't see why I used to pay gems whereas now it is free, and so still want a gems refund from anet. It is unfair, and not nitpicking. If my computer would be free after an amount of time I would ask a refund too. In fact, for anything, I would.

My morale and faith is already low in what remains of that game after the saga finale, but is even lower now.

Don't bring the it is a common merchandising tactic to put things free later argument. I used to play a lot of games, and everytime when I faced this issue I asked the support of the company and got refund.

But somehow for this game it doesn't work the same way....

I and guildmates asked over the year even about being refunded about gemstores sales and always got refund and honored. Example given: character slot bought for 800 gems, day after at 520, we all got our 280 back after asking. I don't see why, you, Anet, can't refund me. 1600, became 0, so you refund 1600.

If it was the next day, or even within 30 days, you would be refunded.  But, months/years later?  Not going to happen. 

(Or, ask the CS Team to roll your account back to the time you did purchase the Episodes in question, so that your account is on equal terms with those just now getting access to the content.)

Next time you miss a Living World Episode, wait a few years until they give it away at no cost. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Starting May 25, Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements. Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon. When the expansion launches, you can redeem it and begin crafting your very own third-generation legendary weapon.

this States, that the Episodes are ONLY FREE DURING SPOTLIGHT WEEK

so u want a refund of a permanant item because someone gets 1 week access to it? next week For all of us who havent purchased LWS 2 will lose access to the ones that became avaliable this week. so anyone who falls behind or doesnt get it completed.. basically is forced to play

Once unlocked, during the free week, the Episodes are unlocked on the account forever.  There's no time limit to completing the content.

From the blog post you quoted: 

The new achievements and their rewards will be available permanently, so you can always complete them even if you miss the spotlight weeks.

9 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

I totally agree with OP point of view. I used to play LS1, but at the end of it I was hardly sick and only returned during second half/end of Ls3. In fact only got the two last episodes. I had to buy all the episodes for 200 gems each (little advise here, don't buy them in story journal, it is a scam, buy them in packs on gemstore). So 8 for ls2, 4 for ls3, a total of 1600 gems. If calculation ok.

Does anyone knows what is 1600 gems in gold or on term of items? Yeah, 2 outfits or a prenium mount skin in sale!!!

Sure the fact that they put it for free is cool for the newcomers, but it is an insult to the veterrans who missed it like me for health reasons or family issues. 

I asked for the help of support through ticket and the only, vague, answer I got was "We aren't able to give support about those episodes purchased in that time period. They are unlocked and can't be took away"

They understood nothing of my concern and in addition that answer doesn't make sense. I don't ask to remove them, just to refund my 1600 gems because they are now free. And for the time period, there is a thing existing in your game, Gemstore "history tab" but I bet you can track which got purchased in story journal too.

I'm sorry but I don't see why I used to pay gems whereas now it is free, and so still want a gems refund from anet. It is unfair, and not nitpicking. If my computer would be free after an amount of time I would ask a refund too. In fact, for anything, I would.

My morale and faith is already low in what remains of that game after the saga finale, but is even lower now.

Don't bring the it is a common merchandising tactic to put things free later argument. I used to play a lot of games, and everytime when I faced this issue I asked the support of the company and got refund.

But somehow for this game it doesn't work the same way....

I and guildmates asked over the year even about being refunded about gemstores sales and always got refund and honored. Example given: character slot bought for 800 gems, day after at 520, we all got our 280 back after asking. I don't see why, you, Anet, can't refund me. 1600, became 0, so you refund 1600.

Because its about the timeframe. What is in your opinion the point of a sale? because in your framework shouldn't they "give" the sale to everyone who already bought something no matter the timeframe.

Why do you think people consider that problematic?

To be fair to anet, I don't think you want to wait until it is offered free. Think of how much you would have missed out. The maps you be missing, the group events you be missing. Besides, there no guarantee as to which stories will be offered to public free.  You could be waiting at something that forever won't be passed as free. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...