What with players that support you - buying Gems? @ANET

What an insult to those who try to support you, I feel. For those who buy gems and use them to unlock the seasons they missed. Including the second season. What about such players? What about them - this is my question ANET.

When you announce that the entire season two will be dealt (giveaway), it's as if someone showed me the middle finger.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 20
  • Sad 3

Buy at your own risk.  There is no guarantee of what will be free or won't be.  Also depends if one wishes to have something instantly/today or wait it out.  I've purchased things that go on sale the next day...I don't yell at Anet about it, I just say bummer and move on.  I've bought living world seasons to catch up, and others for free when they came out.  Oh well.  Not going back to the store to yell at the manager because an item is on sale a month later and demand a refund or a free item to make up for it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

People who paid for it got to play it earlier. Sometimes things go on sale, or they go away later even for free. What if you bought a game and it goes on sale a month (or even more later)? kitten happens, you already got it. There is nothing wrong with what Anet does: I even think it's the best thing they could do to close the gap and to reward players who return or are still playing.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

When did you unlock the LW season? We know about the free LW seasons since 27th of April. 

You can always open a ticket and ask for a refund. There is a chance they give you your money back, the closer the purchase date was to the announcement. If you knew the stuff would be for free, you would not have purchased. Give it a try. Be calm, be friendly and explain the situation as detailed as possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I  bought the whole season a few years ago (2 or 3).

So I don't mean any lousy discount - I understand that, buissnes is buissnes.  Discounts are good and nice also 🙂 But I mean transactions of several thousand Gems!!! It's not ... ... ... ... ... ... ... joke for me.

Edited by Milosz.5938
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Milosz.5938 said:

So I don't mean any lousy discount - I understand that, buissnes is buissnes.  Discounts are good and nice also 🙂 But I mean transactions of several thousand Gems!!! It's not ... ... ... ... ... ... ... joke for me.

So you paid a few years ago to play some content, and even though you've had years to play it, you're going to complain that it's free now?

If a few years ago you were told " you can play this for free if you wait a few years, but you can't play it until then" would you have done that? I'm going to guess not, because you wanted to play it then - and that's exactly what you paid for. There is nothing to complain about here.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Milosz.5938 said:

What an insult to those who try to support you, I feel. For those who buy gems and use them to unlock the seasons they missed. Including the second season. What about such players? What about them - this is my question ANET.

When you announce that the entire season two will be dealt (giveaway), it's as if someone showed me the middle finger.

But people have been getting the parts for free for years. Called logging in when they come out oo. Why does it bother you only now when there is an event?

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Milosz.5938 said:

I would understand if someone felt bad because they bought those seasons right before the announcement was made, but if you bought those few years ago then I feel you got your time back.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Milosz.5938 said:

Oh right, let them give the whole game away for free. All add-ons - "after all, they will be for free one day".

Well you can buy the highest POF pack with all the goodies for an apple and an egg by now so ... almost for free. That is the way of things. There are even again and again special offers for games where you can actually get them for free :''D. Time and so.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Milosz.5938 said:

Oh right, let them give the whole game away for free. All add-ons - "after all, they will be for free one day".

i wouldn't really mind although it probably wouldn't be that great for the game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Milosz.5938 said:

Oh right, let them give the whole game away for free. All expansions - "after all, they will be for free one day".

And btw, YOU got so much free-stuff that others will probably never get again. Personally, I find that much worse.

I've never understood why Anet decided to charge 200 gems per episode if you didn't log in on its release.

I'm lucky that I got the game since day1 and I've logged in at least once on every episode, but I have had some friends not join GW2 when they realised that after paying 30$ for the box, they also needed to spend 50$ (4000 gems) to get all the stories unlocked... it just sounds completely unfair.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Milosz.5938 said:

What about when players get it for free by logging in? Not now, but before when it was available? And you can easily assume that if there ARE people getting them for free now, they’ve more than likely spent gems on something else or will down the road.

To be frank, most people already owned the seasons. This event isn’t so much about them as much as it is about the new achievements and legendary.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I haven't played since the first day of beta testing. I have been playing since the first day of POF. I've come to terms with the fact that I won't reach 30k achievement points so quickly. I understand some people unlocked season 2 or 3 in good time when they were coming out. Principle "you are late - pay" OK. But now this rule is just suspended? So maybe achievement points would also have to be "suspended" for an event?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, blackoil.2673 said:

I've never understood why Anet decided to charge 200 gems per episode if you didn't log in on its release.

I'm lucky that I got the game since day1 and I've logged in at least once on every episode, but I have had some friends not join GW2 when they realised that after paying 30$ for the box, they also needed to spend 50$ (4000 gems) to get all the stories unlocked... it just sounds completely unfair.

I mean, people bought WoW in the past and paid a sub. People buy the expansions and pay a sub, same with ff14. Oh and both have a cash shop. Are we not surprised at some monetizing?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, blackoil.2673 said:

At least, one person understand my thoughts. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Milosz.5938 said:

At least, one person understand my thoughts. 

I do not see where she understood you?
So your point was that you have to pay for the things at all and not that YOU have to pay for the things and now others don't?

These are two different things for me. For the first I am fully on board and have already held some discussions about it myself. But to begrudge someone something just because you did not get it yourself is just childish ...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

I mean, people bought WoW in the past and paid a sub. People buy the expansions and pay a sub, same with ff14. Oh and both have a cash shop. Are we not surprised at some monetizing?

Err... I surely didn't pay a subscription fee. Are you sure you are playing GW2?

Expansions do have a cost, and I've paid for them. But I should also remind you that e.g. when PoF came out, they kept HoT and PoF separate for a while, until recently when they said that buying PoF will also give you HoT for free.

But games also devaluate overtime. Usually buying something on day 1 you will always pay full price, and usually that price just goes down. It happened the same thing with base GW2: it became free if you bought the expansion, and then that expansion got free if you buy the newest one.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

But to begrudge someone something just because you did not get it yourself is just childish ...

Can you at least try to avoid some 'personnal' commentaries.  I'm not talking about not recieving something but about rules  that are 'suspended', that is unfair. You don't know me soo can you please give up  on any personal comments. Thank you. 

• Confused 1

Oh right, let them give the whole game away for free. All expansions - "after all, they will be for free one day".

God forbid they try to make it easier to get into the game for the people that might potentially start playing before the next expansion lauches, right? It's not like the current players are already years ahead anyways.

You bought it 2-3 years ago, you wouldn't wait all this time even if you knew they'd start giving it out for free later on.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Ask for a refund; also, be sure to tell the CS Team that you are willing to have your account rolled back to the time of purchase, so that your account will be equitable with those now getting the Episodes free. 

• Haha 9

Can you at least try to avoid some 'personnal' commentaries.  I'm not talking about not recieving something but about rules  that are 'suspended', that is unfair. You don't know me soo can you please give up  on any personal comments. Thank you. 

Can you pls look at your own post's and say how these are in no way offensive and exaggerated?

You sow what you reap.

And what rules are you talking about?  Has anet written down somewhere that xy costs so and so much and that this will never change? That would be new to me. Where is this unfair? This is life, things lose their value.

Gw2 basegame is now ftp. Hot meanwhile comes with Pof and is therefore free. I bought POF for 15€ with all the goodies for which I had paid the full price with my first account.
That's the way it is. To deny others something and talk about insltuing and this stuff ...

And as i said, YOU got so many free stuff, which many people will not get.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1