What with players that support you - buying Gems? @ANET

13 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

I bought and played season two and believe me it's worthless.  If I could go back armed with that knowledge they would have to pay ME to play it.  They would have to pay me quite a lot to go through that agony again.

Woah you're so cool and edgy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Joote.4081 said:

I bought and played season two and believe me it's worthless.  If I could go back armed with that knowledge they would have to pay ME to play it.  They would have to pay me quite a lot to go through that agony again.

lmao I agree 

On topic..  lifes not fair get used to it, it'll get much worse than your peers in a video game getting some free content 🤪

• Thanks 1

Be okay if you only paid for it once, but they make you pay a second time with mental agony.

I'm just saying, rather than waste time and money writing that dribble.  Just sell us the maps and unlocks. I don't care if they ask more money for less work, hell I would pay double if I could have the maps and unlocks without having to suffer the story.

Edited by Joote.4081
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Joote.4081 said:

Be okay if you only paid for it once, but they make you pay a second time with mental agony.

I'm just saying, rather than waste time and money writing that dribble.  Just sell us the maps and unlocks. I don't care if they ask more money for less work, hell I would pay double if I could have the maps and unlocks without having to suffer the story.

unlimited teleport to friend generally gives you the maps without any unlocks, and since we can do the story in any order/start all chapters, one can simply skip thru the whole thing while doing something else

6 hours ago, cloudsareyum.8120 said:

unlimited teleport to friend generally gives you the maps without any unlocks, and since we can do the story in any order/start all chapters, one can simply skip thru the whole thing while doing something else

Jeez I never thought of that.  So all I have to do is find out what chapter opens the new maps.  That would reduce the agony quite a lot.

39 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

Jeez I never thought of that.  So all I have to do is find out what chapter opens the new maps.  That would reduce the agony quite a lot.

Actually to get to the maps, you don't even need to keep track of the chapters that open it^^.  You can just teleport into the map using tele to friend or unlimited tele to friend as long as you own it. So for example, If I have icebrood saga unlocked, I can go to grothmar valley, if i have living season 2 unlocked, i can go to any LS 2 map w/o doing story for it on a character, and so on!    I've been saving story for spoilers so I've gotten access to most all of the maps that way.   But you need to have it 'unlocked' in terms of owning the corresponding expac/living season. 

i'm not on that often, but if you get unlimited tele, i'm happy to help you get onto the maps i do happen to have (which isn't every map.)  just pop a mail reminding me. Also, for popular maps with people running metas, you don't even need a person to help you out, you can just pop over via the squad in lfg xd.   The only time I've had to really skip thru story has specifically been for mounts  & clothing.  However since I'm not on often you'd probably get it unlocked faster asking guildies and looking in lfg XD

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120

6 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You can't Teleport to Friend to a map you haven't already unlocked.

Clarifying on this- You can teleport to Friend to a map that you have thru something you own, so if you own LS2, you can teleport to friend to LS2 maps without having to go thru story for it.   However, if you don't own LS2, obviously you cannot go to LS2 maps. 

• Like 1

Actually to get to the maps, you don't even need to keep track of the chapters that open it^^.  You can just teleport into the map using tele to friend or unlimited tele to friend as long as you own it. So for example, If I have icebrood saga unlocked, I can go to grothmar valley, if i have living season 2 unlocked, i can go to any LS 2 map w/o doing story for it on a character, and so on!    I've been saving story for spoilers so I've gotten access to most all of the maps that way.   But you need to have it 'unlocked' in terms of owning the corresponding expac/living season. 

i'm not on that often, but if you get unlimited tele, i'm happy to help you get onto the maps i do happen to have (which isn't every map.)  just pop a mail reminding me. Also, for popular maps with people running metas, you don't even need a person to help you out, you can just pop over via the squad in lfg xd.   The only time I've had to really skip thru story has specifically been for mounts  & clothing.  However since I'm not on often you'd probably get it unlocked faster asking guildies and looking in lfg XD

Thank you so much for this.  Your a life saver.  The only thing keeping me from all those maps was the thought of having to sit through the story's.

• Like 1

Clarifying on this- You can teleport to Friend to a map that you have thru something you own, so if you own LS2, you can teleport to friend to LS2 maps without having to go thru story for it.   However, if you don't own LS2, obviously you cannot go to LS2 maps. 

Actually, both Dry Top and Silverwastes are accessible to anyone - even to f2p players. You can just walk into them whenever you want. Only access to the story itself needs to be unlocked.

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2021 at 3:10 PM, Milosz.5938 said:

What an insult to those who try to support you, I feel. For those who buy gems and use them to unlock the seasons they missed. Including the second season. What about such players? What about them - this is my question ANET.

When you announce that the entire season two will be dealt (giveaway), it's as if someone showed me the middle finger.

Im pretty certain they're only unlocked for a limited time and you've had them for what? 5 years longer? 

Like honestly. 

Are you salty that HoT is now free and rolled into PoF also? 

And you could do LWS always free, says so in its description. If one person owns it they can start it for another player who doesn't. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Im pretty certain they're only unlocked for a limited time and you've had them for what? 5 years longer? 

Like honestly. 

Are you salty that HoT is now free and rolled into PoF also? 

And you could do LWS always free, says so in its description. If one person owns it they can start it for another player who doesn't. 

What?  What description?

You can't play Living World Season Stories without owning them, or the associated expansions.  You can't enter most of the maps without having unlocked the maps by owning the associated Living World Episode (Maguuma Wastes excepted). 

19 hours ago, Joote.4081 said:

That's absurd. So basically just open new maps with no story to back them? What an absolutely wasteful use of an asset. 

You know, nothing prevents you from NOT doing the story to get into the map ... so there is no 'paying a second time with mental agony'. More like 'imposing suffering on yourself because you don't figure things out'. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

58 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

What?  What description?

You can't play Living World Season Stories without owning them, or the associated expansions.  You can't enter most of the maps without having unlocked the maps by owning the associated Living World Episode (Maguuma Wastes excepted). 

I'm pretty certain, ur Able to start the quest for ur friends.. I've read that 100% in a description somewhere.. its defintly a thing. oh oki looking into it they dont get rewards for it.

but yes they can get onto the maps

25 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Only if both players own the Episode/Expansion associated with the map.

There's no way someone who hasn't unlocked an Expansion/associated Episode can enter a map.

well if there isnt theres conflicting information being given to say there are.. Lots of threads have players saying this is doable. but i guess even if untrue.

Its still 5 odd year old Content.. its pretty normal for "old" content to become Free once its no longer the Current content. U know, we dont pay for HoT Anymore for example, Yet people paid for HoT I dont really see a problem regardless, given its Old content now and the fact players have had Mounts and More for years Prior these players having a chance to get involved with these LWS i really dont see a problem.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I totally agree with OP point of view. I used to play LS1, but at the end of it I was hardly sick and only returned during second half/end of Ls3. In fact only got the two last episodes. I had to buy all the episodes for 200 gems each (little advise here, don't buy them in story journal, it is a scam, buy them in packs on gemstore). So 8 for ls2, 4 for ls3, a total of 1600 gems. If calculation ok.

Does anyone knows what is 1600 gems in gold or on term of items? Yeah, 2 outfits or a prenium mount skin in sale!!!

Sure the fact that they put it for free is cool for the newcomers, but it is an insult to the veterrans who missed it like me for health reasons or family issues. 

I asked for the help of support through ticket and the only, vague, answer I got was "We aren't able to give support about those episodes purchased in that time period. They are unlocked and can't be took away"

They understood nothing of my concern and in addition that answer doesn't make sense. I don't ask to remove them, just to refund my 1600 gems because they are now free. And for the time period, there is a thing existing in your game, Gemstore "history tab" but I bet you can track which got purchased in story journal too.

I'm sorry but I don't see why I used to pay gems whereas now it is free, and so still want a gems refund from anet. It is unfair, and not nitpicking. If my computer would be free after an amount of time I would ask a refund too. In fact, for anything, I would.

My morale and faith is already low in what remains of that game after the saga finale, but is even lower now.

Don't bring the it is a common merchandising tactic to put things free later argument. I used to play a lot of games, and everytime when I faced this issue I asked the support of the company and got refund.

But somehow for this game it doesn't work the same way....

I and guildmates asked over the year even about being refunded about gemstores sales and always got refund and honored. Example given: character slot bought for 800 gems, day after at 520, we all got our 280 back after asking. I don't see why, you, Anet, can't refund me. 1600, became 0, so you refund 1600.

37 minutes ago, hugo.4705 said:

I totally agree with OP point of view. I used to play LS1, but at the end of it I was hardly sick and only returned during second half/end of Ls3. In fact only got the two last episodes. I had to buy all the episodes for 200 gems each (little advise here, don't buy them in story journal, it is a scam, buy them in packs on gemstore). So 8 for ls2, 4 for ls3, a total of 1600 gems. If calculation ok.

Does anyone knows what is 1600 gems in gold or on term of items? Yeah, 2 outfits or a prenium mount skin in sale!!!

Sure the fact that they put it for free is cool for the newcomers, but it is an insult to the veterrans who missed it like me for health reasons or family issues. 

I asked for the help of support through ticket and the only, vague, answer I got was "We aren't able to give support about those episodes purchased in that time period. They are unlocked and can't be took away"

They understood nothing of my concern and in addition that answer doesn't make sense. I don't ask to remove them, just to refund my 1600 gems because they are now free. And for the time period, there is a thing existing in your game, Gemstore "history tab" but I bet you can track which got purchased in story journal too.

I'm sorry but I don't see why I used to pay gems whereas now it is free, and so still want a gems refund from anet. It is unfair, and not nitpicking. If my computer would be free after an amount of time I would ask a refund too. In fact, for anything, I would.

My morale and faith is already low in what remains of that game after the saga finale, but is even lower now.

Don't bring the it is a common merchandising tactic to put things free later argument. I used to play a lot of games, and everytime when I faced this issue I asked the support of the company and got refund.

But somehow for this game it doesn't work the same way....

I and guildmates asked over the year even about being refunded about gemstores sales and always got refund and honored. Example given: character slot bought for 800 gems, day after at 520, we all got our 280 back after asking. I don't see why, you, Anet, can't refund me. 1600, became 0, so you refund 1600.

Starting May 25, Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements. Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon. When the expansion launches, you can redeem it and begin crafting your very own third-generation legendary weapon.

this States, that the Episodes are ONLY FREE DURING SPOTLIGHT WEEK

so u want a refund of a permanant item because someone gets 1 week access to it? next week For all of us who havent purchased LWS 2 will lose access to the ones that became avaliable this week. so anyone who falls behind or doesnt get it completed.. basically is forced to play

if anything u could argue this amulets about to become P2W.

Why dont u also Demand ur Purchase of GW2 ase game refunded also? Thats now free, should we also demand our HoT purchase refunded?.. like do we honestly beelive this should be the method forward. and before someone says "its different" its not. its Really no different.

we're talking about Should a customer be able to demand a Refund if they buy content which becomes Free later on in its life.

Which means Every expansion that loses its base cost, Every game that loses its base cost,

as a Consumer in all industries. loyalty generally get treated worse.

NEw Comer buyng a internet package, gets a First time buyer offer to get em through the door, while u pay the higher price because ur already a customer. Same with TV Packages. Same with banks. even in employment.

If u get promoted in 9/10 ttimes you will generally be paid Less then someone employed externally. because  ur in the inside.

what about when EoD goes on offer a few months after its launch?.. we all gonna Demand refund of the difference because we paid full price. Im afraid theres a level of "premium" Which costs more surrounding buying a brand new brought comparitively to a Old. thats because in our economy the value of a game Naturally will always go downwards.

you paid 1600 to be among the first with access, to have the earliest access, they're getting it free years and years later.

you paid What the Content was Worth value wise at the time.

New People get the content at the value the content is Worth now. which is 0.

you can Watch this ENTIRE Thing on youtube. its YEARS old, it has no value. the rewards are now bad, theres SOOO Many better things now to generate gold. its Spoilt, its Already Out there. its Existed for a long time.. its Outdated and provides no benefit to the player. therefore the value of the rpoduct is 0.

that doesnt change its value when u purchased it however.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1