Please undo the 02/25/2020 profession update already (and bring back fall damage traits)

TheBravery.9615

1 hour ago, crewthief.8649 said:

How exactly do you do that, if you don’t mind?

I think there is an ignore setting, at least when the new forums were rolled out in April I saw something like that.

Edit: on a users forum avatar, if you hover over it a pop up window appears. Ignore is an option, at least so long as you are not actively typing a comment. Note: I haven't ignored anyone 😉

Also the user I think you want to ignore isn't so bad.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think there is an ignore setting, at least when the new forums were rolled out in April I saw something like that.

Edit: on a users forum avatar, if you hover over it a pop up window appears. Ignore is an option, at least so long as you are not actively typing a comment. Note: I haven't ignored anyone 😉

Also the user I think you want to ignore isn't so bad.

I found it. Thanks, man.

• Sad 1

I feel like this argument is pretty specific to classes that were built to CC without a second thought about how broken both CC and damage at once is.  We can have this, but I want a tradeoff that if I'm at range it cannot be blocked; can just say 'use your gap closers' when the complaints roll in.  

Because essentially, oppressive melee classes benefit from adding damage back to CC more than anyone else.  The forums are all about counterplay, so what is the counterplay for being hit with a CC that does massive damage? Using my stunbreak or anti-CC skill right? Well you'd use that anyway without the damage because the point of the CC is to setup burst, why should it have additional bonuses?

The reason all this worked before is simply the game was different.  The original devs had ideas for how the original mechanics would work, and they did work pretty well.  There were far less 'do everything' classes and buttons so you could have things like damage on CC as it was really just warriors that had this back in the day because their whole thing is being close.  Now EVERYTHING seems to CC in some way and every class has additional damage that makes balancing pretty impossible.  

The only argument I can see for returning CC is to help mitigate some of the barrier spam many classes rely on.  Feel like reason it is so oppressive is there are a lot of skills that used to damage and do not now, leading to builds that have huge barrier uptime that is very hard to counter.  Though that is probably getting into an entirely different discussion...

On 6/9/2021 at 8:37 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

The reason all this worked before is simply the game was different.  The original devs had ideas for how the original mechanics would work, and they did work pretty well.

That wasn't all that rosy as you remember it. There were at least two notable cases where their ideas were based on pure aestethics and thematics, and ended up not being good for balance.

The most extreme case originally i think was Rangers and pets. They decided, that since Rangers have pets, their dps capabilities have to be cut by 20% in the design phase. They also found out that pets didn't really work all that well due to their bad AI (i.e. they frequently kept missing if the target was moving even so slightly, or was standing at a different attitude). What was their solution to that initially? To do nothing. Why? Because:

1. they were unwilling to adjust their thematic ideas for rangers (like even consider an option to "withdraw" pet in exchange for balancing buff - the response i got to that idea was that "it is not on the table")

2. they were unwilling to make AI better (because, as they said, it would make Rangers too OP)

3. They were also unwilling to balance Ranger dps correctly around what the pets were really capable of.

The second one was Necromancers, and their balancing around the shroud, and the idea that they have to be a "selfish" class. With adjusting that later on for Reapers and Scourges, where also initially class was balanced around thematics, not around capability.