Weapon set collection lack creativity and originality

I think it's intentional. 

Over 50% of the selling point to doing legendaries is their effects and more compared to normalised weapons. 

So if they release cool skins more accessible and simply drive all weapons to look amazing, they'd devalue legendaries by quite a amount. 

We have bows which shoot animalistic spirits at the targets like the game has plenty of very creative weapons. 

And even past that the game does defintly have some amazing weapons you can choose from. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

15 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

There are way too many skin sets that have been released that require engagement with the cash shop, while releasing so many uninteresting sets that require in game effort and legendary levels of resources to get.

And we don't think that this isn't by design?  Of course Anet would prefer players to purchase from the cash shop.  It's a trend that's been going on for years at this point.  Why anyone is still surprised by this is somewhat astounding.

On 6/28/2021 at 12:28 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

And we don't think that this isn't by design?  Of course Anet would prefer players to purchase from the cash shop.  It's a trend that's been going on for years at this point.  Why anyone is still surprised by this is somewhat astounding.

It might be less that people are surprised and more that people are disappointed that the weapons that can be gained ingame are not equal in quality.

On 6/23/2021 at 12:58 AM, Obtena.7952 said:

People need to stop thinking the game caters to their ideas of 'interesting' or 'originality'. It's not about you. Get over yourself. 

You are very rude Obtena.7952 You forgot real people pay real money, their time and effort in accquiring these skins. Why is it not about the gamers. Who do you think are customers of Anet? 

• Sad 1

Instead of giving it a RGB treatment, you could consider stripping the effects of the ones overly done? This way you give another alternative whiles keeping the original piece.

At current the only set I'd like to see in more colors are the Inquest Mark 2 weapons. Can we throw it into mystic forge along with a color dye of choice and create the color version we fancy?  

Other really well done ones are the PVP ascended Mist Lord's range. Very decent very high quality. Love it.

Bows which shoot animated projectiles is a nice touch. Can the team dig more into expanding with different kinds of projectiles, with various effects? 

Sword stowed can have scabbard as it is appropriate. And adds a dimension to the ongoing fashion wars

For rifle are we missing the assualt rifle models? Because they look so tactical and highly tradable at TP.

Noticed there is no spear blade in game. The ones that has a pointy tip with blade. It is a very common weapon used in ancient wars. I guess it could be put in as a staff. There is many different spear blade designs which GW2 can tap into. These are such age old tradition weapons nobody should have claims or rights on. 

Other materials to explore on: Medieval, Damascus steel, Grow in the dark, Carbon fiber, Weapon with running light, a Viking or King's Royal series, a Jewel studded sword/series, a budget bamboo series, a full black spar training weapon series skins etc etc etc.

Pretty generic so no copyright problems. Take a walk into a real weapon shop for inspiration sometime. I seen in this game weapons skins that are not being introduced as a full and complete set. So probably the design team want to focus on the quality then quantity of things. 

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

You are very rude Obtena.7952 You forgot real people pay real money, their time and effort in accquiring these skins. Why is it not about the gamers. Who do you think are customers of Anet? 

No I didn't forget that at all. What I also have not forgotten is that the game can't cater to any one person, so when someone complains they don't like a skin because it's not 'original', they are ALSO being rude and selfish. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No I didn't forget that at all. What I also have not forgotten is that the game can't cater to any one person, so when someone complains they don't like a skin because it's not 'original', they are ALSO being rude and selfish. 

I suggest you not do selective reading

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

I suggest you not do selective reading

and I suggest you don't reply to me if you don't like my responses. Nothing I've said suggest this is not about the customers of Anet. The fact remains that Anet can't cater to any specific desires of every customer. There are simply going to be skins out there people don't like ... and that's not a problem. People need to get over themselves in a HARD way. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

I suggest you don't reply to me off topic. Nothing I've said suggest this is not about the customers of Anet. The fact remains that Anet can't cater to any specific desires of every customer. There are simply going to be skins out there people don't like ... and that's not a problem. People need to get over themselves in a HARD way. 

I am talking about the whole thing, not specific ones. The direction of where it is heading. Hence I don't think you read very well. 

5 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

I am talking about the whole thing, not specific ones. The direction of where it is heading. Hence I don't think you read very well. 

OK ... and Anet can't make their whole thing of weapon sets original and creative to your expectations. It's not that I don't read well, it's that you don't understand that your opinion about the level of creativeness and originality of the weapon sets is irrelevant because it's subjective. It's not about you. Anet doesn't cater to you in GW2. 

Let's get to the core here ... what's the point of your thread?

Edited by Obtena.7952

34 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

OK ... and Anet can't make their whole weapon sets original and creative for you. It's not that I don't read well, it's that you don't understand that your opinion about the level of creativeness and originality of the weapon sets is irrelevant. It's not about you. Anet doesn't cater to you in GW2. 

You seem to only want to make this into a singular thing which isn't. Not a one person thing. (You don't read do you?) 

I have a hard time communicating with you as you can't read? Also not too subjective as original content has been seen or percieved as lacking. And I did mention the reasons. It is okay to not agree, not okay to make personal attacks. 

Nobody even mentioned about weapon but one of my guild mates after checking out the Dragon Bash festival new weapon series, said it is just another rgb treatment, not as exciting. No interest. Still think it is a one person thing? 

I think it is reasonable expectation of fans to want to see something new. 

Edited by medivh.4725

9 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

You seem to only want to make this into a singular thing which isn't. Not a one person thing.

Actually reading through this forum it does seem like you vs all the rest of the forums, which does strike me as definitelly "a one person thing"

Just my 2c

Oh and btw I like boreal sets (all three of them) and Stormcaller/Charged Stormcaller sets. the only one of recent weapon sets I didn't get into would be volcanic stormcaller, but that's because the smoke FX obscured all of the weapon, which kinda ruins the point for me, personally - I would not mind if someone else liked it tho.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Actually reading through this forum it does seem like you vs all the rest of the forums, which does strike me as definitelly "a one person thing"

Just my 2c

Oh and btw I like boreal sets (all three of them) and Stormcaller/Charged Stormcaller sets. the only one of recent weapon sets I didn't get into would be volcanic stormcaller, but that's because the smoke FX obscured all of the weapon, which kinda ruins the point for me, personally - I would not mind if someone else liked it tho.

It is not. There is related thread been posted which I will not repeat. Also comments that more or less says the same thing. I stick to my view

I have boreal sets too. I too did not particularly enjoy smoke FX blocking out the weapon. But maybe it is just both of us. 

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

See? Just said you can't read right? Well read the topic? Why must I be repeating myself to you. You special? 

That doesn't answer my question ... and neither does your first post. 

What do you think this thread will accomplish?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't answer my question ... and neither does your first post. 

What do you think this thread will accomplish?

If you said it doesn't matter what I think. Why bother to ask me what I think?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

If you said it doesn't matter what I think. Why bother to ask me what I think?

Because obvious you want to discuss it with me because you quoted me in a reply over 2 week later? 

Again, what do you think this thread will accomplish ...

OK you don't think any of the weapon sets have creativity or originality and you made a thread about it ... now what?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, medivh.4725 said:

No?

Well, that can't be true because you sure did 9 hours ago when you quoted a two week old post I made ... change of mind now that you realize how ridiculous it is to complain about what is your subjective opinion about something that millions of people partcipate in?

I mean, the post I made was on June 22 .. you quoted it and replied 9 hours ago ... but you DON"T want to discuss it with me? That's not true, or you wouldn't have made the posts. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, that can't be true because you sure did 9 hours ago when you quoted a two week old post I made ... change of mind now that you realize how ridiculous it is to complain about what is your subjective opinion about something that millions of people partcipate in?

Not true either. 

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

Not true either. 

Yes, it's true ... it's right here on the forum as a permanent record for everyone to see. The post you made 9 hours ago where you quoted me was a post I made on June 22nd. That's over two weeks ago ... so you must REALLY want to talk to me pretty badly if you do that. 

So let's continue ...  you don't think any of the weapon sets have creativity or originality and you made a thread about it ... now what? You made this thread for a reason. You blasted me about a post in made over 2 weeks ago because of that reason. Now you don't think that reason is important enough to talk about? Why? because you realize how nonsensical it is to complain about aesthetics of content made for millions of players who all have their own opinion about what is creative and original? 

You said you think it's reasonable players see something new ... and lots of players don't share your opinion about how 'not new' the weapon sets Anet has released are ... you don't speak for everyone. You speak for you ... and Anet can't cater to your individual tastes of what is 'enough' creativity and originality. So you are wrong ... and do yourself a favour ... DON'T reply to me if you don't want me to have a discussion with you because I WILL make discussion happen.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yes, it's true ... it's right here on the forum as a permanent record for everyone to see. The post you made 9 hours ago where you quoted me was a post I made on June 22nd. That's over two weeks ago ... so you must REALLY want to talk to me pretty badly if you do that. 

lol I am amused at this point.

So let's continue ...  you don't think any of the weapon sets have creativity or originality

Wrong. 

You blasted me about a post in made over 2 weeks ago because of that reason.

Well maybe because I just read it or just logged in?

You don't speak for everyone. You speak for you .

And yet you would speak for everyone?

DON'T reply to me if you don't want me to have a discussion with you because I WILL make discussion happen.  

You were replying at MY post. Only you seem to be repeatitive enough and putting words into people's mouth. 

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

Well maybe because I just read it or just logged in?

Right ... so you aren't being honest when you say you don't want to talk to me about it ... otherwise you wouldn't responded to an over-two week old post.  

You said you think it's reasonable players see something new ... but the new weapon sets are new ... so what do expect to happen from the thread?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1