Tutorials in starting zones lacking important end game mechanics

It's been years since there have been tutorial updates since the Defiance bar, conditions and buffs and even combo fields were introduced. We have dodge training but the true joy of the game like combo fields and other mechanics are not anywhere in the game for training. PLEASE as a QoL improvement when EoD drops update the starting areas to include tutorials for each! Guild Wars 1 had rings for understanding the conditions, why not this game! it's 2021 for Grenth's sake!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sure end game mechanics could certainly be added in starter zones except players don't need to know them for 90% of the game and the other 10% of the game that do are really no longer actively supported by Anet.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
Missing a letter for a word
  • Like 1

It would be better if there was a proper breakbar/cc tutorial before HoT started, as that's when you really start to need to know the mechanic. I definitely agree there should be some kind of additional tutorial(s) though, as people not knowing what cc means or how it works really hurts meta events in HoT and later maps.

I don't know...the starter zones?  Not sure players would remember a CC tutorial in the starter zone.

I mean, posters often say players don't know how to dodge, and there's a 'tutorial' in the starter zones.

Combinations/Combat Combinations are explained at L22 and at L52.

Conditions are explained at L13.

If players don't pay attention to the tutorials that pop up in the middle of the screen, they probably either would not remember doing something in the Starter zones, or would skip it, as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I don't know...the starter zones?  Not sure players would remember a CC tutorial in the starter zone.

I mean, posters often say players don't know how to dodge, and there's a 'tutorial' in the starter zones.

Combinations/Combat Combinations are explained at L22 and at L52.

Conditions are explained at L13.

If players don't pay attention to the tutorials that pop up in the middle of the screen, they probably either would not remember doing something in the Starter zones, or would skip it, as well.

Not only that but Most players won't have access to cc skills while in the starter zones. Not all weapons have cc skills

• Thanks 1