Planting seeds?

I have my seeds and found fertile soil.  I press 'E' to interact or double click my seed packet and get the message that this item is in cool down, try again in a few seconds.  I tried for about 10 minutes 4 times that day and got the same message.

Does anyone know what going wrong?

2 hours ago, Joote.4081 said:

I have my seeds and found fertile soil.  I press 'E' to interact or double click my seed packet and get the message that this item is in cool down, try again in a few seconds.  I tried for about 10 minutes 4 times that day and got the same message.

Does anyone know what going wrong?

That's a new one on me. I'm assuming these are varietal seed pouches and you're trying to plant them in your own home instance. I even tried Googling it and didn't find anything, just because I was curious. Did you do any harvesting of non-varietal plants in someone else's home instance garden plot? The wiki seems to indicate that would prevent harvesting your own non-varietals, but makes no mention of what effect it might have on planting. (I would assume none, but I'm just trying to think out loud.)

No, it a patch of futile soil a found in dry top. I am using the seed packets I have crafted and even took along some plant food and water (just in case). I haven't a clue how this growing thing works.  It's the first time I have tried it.

Edited by Joote.4081

idk anything about seed packets but i thought that patch of fertile soil (in dry top) was for a primordial orchid seed, for the wayfarers henge backpack collection?

if youre referring to growing your own plants then id assume that would be in your home instance, you either need to buy garden plots or whatever theyre called or reach 400 cooking and do the questline

Edited by Noodle Ant.1605

5 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

No, it a patch of futile soil a found in dry top. I am using the seed packets I have crafted and even took along some plant food and water (just in case). I haven't a clue how this growing thing works.  It's the first time I have tried it.

For the fertile soil in drytop (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fertile_Soil) you will need Fire Orchid Seeds. The ascended seed packets a chef can craft are for the home instance and the plant food is for the mawdrey collection.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Joote.4081 said:

That's why it isn't working. The seed packets you craft need to be planted in fertile soil *inside* your home instance. Fertile soil in the wild is for specific achievements. The wiki describes the mechanics of planting and harvesting fairly well, and fairly quickly.

If you don't HAVE a garden plot in your home instance, you need to either purchase one from BL or unlock one through the Gourmet training achievement. This achievement isn't difficult, but it will require a significant amount of bloodstone dust/bricks to comlpete.

Edited by Danger Ferret.6342
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

For the fertile soil in drytop (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fertile_Soil) you will need Fire Orchid Seeds. The ascended seed packets a chef can craft are for the home instance and the plant food is for the mawdrey collection.

To make things even clearer, the Fire Orchid Seeds are related to the Henge Away From Home achievement series of LW Season 3, episode 5. It has nothing to do with Chef.

• Like 2