STOP nerfing core revenant, nerf renegade! I am going crazy

SeTect.5918

Do i see right? You just nerfed core revenant again on june 8???

"Legendary Demon Stance

• Embrace the Darkness: Reduced the duration of applied torment from 5.5 seconds to 5 seconds in PvE only.

Devastation

• Destructive Impulses: Bonus damage for having an off-hand weapon equipped has been reduced from 5% to 2.5% in PvE only."

That are the changes of 8th June 2021.
    Herald again gets a nerf, of course this is also a nerf for Renegade but Herald got a bigger nerf on may 11 already. Also Condi Herald for example loses ~5% dps by that nerf because they have to use an off-hand weapon and Renegade uses also shortbow so its a ~2.5% nerf if you just use shortbow.

Also Herald is not the spec that overperforms. It is Renegade.

SO IF YOU WANT TO NERF RENEGADE, NERF THE RENEGADE TRAITLINE AND NOT CORE REVENANT! THIS HAS BEEN SAID A THOUSAND OF TIMES SO JUST STOP THIS.
    Thank you.
Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Since 2012 ANet's devs have been consitent in their way to balance. When an issue arise they always start by tweaking things around it. I think it's their way to ensure that they always have things to work on.

If I remember correctly, they've buffed vicious reprisal on Mai 11. Maybe they are just trying to make players use Retribution instead of Devastation. It's their way to say: "Come on, look at Retribution instead of Devastation, it got condi damage and resolution to help with your condi builds!".

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Since 2012 ANet's devs have been consitent in their way to balance. When an issue arise they always start by tweaking things around it. I think it's their way to ensure that they always have things to work on.

If I remember correctly, they've buffed vicious reprisal on Mai 11. Maybe they are just trying to make players use Retribution instead of Devastation. It's their way to say: "Come on, look at Retribution instead of Devastation, it got condi damage and resolution to help with your condi builds!".

Yes thats right. I also think Invocation needs to be the dps spec, but my problem is that whatever they do, in every update Herald and core gets nerfed and Renegade less or even buffed. It annoys me soooo much.
Also it is a big nerf for power dps again. Power Revenant was always worse than condi. Then they gave Devastation a bonus on condi dmg and reduce it then by the half, so power revenant gets hit hard again. I dont even think it would be that hard to keep the 5% bonus for each weapon for power and reduce it to 2.5% for condi dmg.
But my point is that Renegade gets less affected by all nerfs whatever anet does.
It is just like: Make op classes more op and nerf worse classes. It happens in nearly every update.
Scourge, the best open world class, buff. Guardian, op class af, buff. Mirage, 2nd best open world class, buff. Power ele, nerf.
Even nothing to druid and Herald. Then they nerfed them both on updates after 11th may.

Herald always needed a buff and now it got a nerf by nerfing core revenant. Anet works like Revenant=Renegade and Herald is not existant.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Yes thats right. I also think Retribution needs to be the dps spec, but my problem is that whatever they do, in every update Herald and core gets nerfed and Renegade less or even buffed. It annoys me soooo much.
Also it is a big nerf for power dps again. Power Revenant was always worse than condi. Then they gave Devastation a bonus on condi dmg and reduce it then by the half, so power revenant gets hit hard again. I dont even think it would be that hard to keep the 5% bonus for each weapon for power and reduce it to 2.5% for condi dmg.
But my point is that Renegade gets less affected by all nerfs whatever anet does.
It is just like: Make op classes more op and nerf worse classes. It happens in nearly every update.
Scourge, the best open world class, buff. Guardian, op class af, buff. Mirage, 2nd best open world class, buff. Power ele, nerf.
Even nothing to druid and Herald. Then they nerfed them both on updates after 11th may.

Herald always needed a buff and now it got a nerf by nerfing core revenant. Anet works like Revenant=Renegade and Herald is not existant.

The survivability/sustain specialization "Retribution" belongs in a DPS build? That is crazy enough to be official gw2 balancing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 12:29 PM, Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Anet doesn't work like that, as much sense it makes, if Herald and Renegade are doing well then people will want to buy the expansions, not so much if core was better

Except you need expansions to play Revenant at all so that concept is false.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 6/13/2021 at 2:29 AM, Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Anet doesn't work like that, as much sense it makes, if Herald and Renegade are doing well then people will want to buy the expansions, not so much if core was better

Yes, but really very much no.

Base revenant is a million times cooler and more fun than either elite spec. Fewer legend cooldowns. That's why base rev is played more. Renegade being a second elite spec crammed full of cooldowns is why I didn't buy PoF at all.

And it's screamingly obvious what ANet's scheme is. It's internal greed.

They see lots of players only playing one or a few professions and decided that cramming alternate profession mechanics into elite specs is going to make them love and play every profession. And subsequently throw more money at them.

Except that's idiotic.

People have tastes both thematically and mechanically and it's a minor miracle if any profession appeals to any given player.

Their elite spec madness only sucks joy out of the game.

eg. Scourge and Druid.

Thematically I'm super into nature stuff and really not into death. Love pets. Hate weapon / form cooldowns. So didn't hate ranger but not into necromancers.

But ANet decided to shove shroud into the ranger elite heal spec - super yuk - and removed it from necro, where it probably would have been appreciated.

Outside of PvP - and many players aren't into that - nerfing base revenant isn't going to make players love and play the elites. It's more likely to drive more players away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2021 at 6:16 PM, Caeledh.5437 said:

Yes, but really very much no.

Base revenant is a million times cooler and more fun than either elite spec. Fewer legend cooldowns. That's why base rev is played more. Renegade being a second elite spec crammed full of cooldowns is why I didn't buy PoF at all.

And it's screamingly obvious what ANet's scheme is. It's internal greed.

They see lots of players only playing one or a few professions and decided that cramming alternate profession mechanics into elite specs is going to make them love and play every profession. And subsequently throw more money at them.

Except that's idiotic.

People have tastes both thematically and mechanically and it's a minor miracle if any profession appeals to any given player.

Their elite spec madness only sucks joy out of the game.

eg. Scourge and Druid.

Thematically I'm super into nature stuff and really not into death. Love pets. Hate weapon / form cooldowns. So didn't hate ranger but not into necromancers.

But ANet decided to shove shroud into the ranger elite heal spec - super yuk - and removed it from necro, where it probably would have been appreciated.

Outside of PvP - and many players aren't into that - nerfing base revenant isn't going to make players love and play the elites. It's more likely to drive more players away.

Exactly why I haven't been playing my revenant, why when its clear that the class I love won't be the class it remains to be? And GUESS WHAT GUYS? Power soul-beast with smokescale is pretty much the old power glint/shiro build. But it works and isn't nearly as difficult to play. 

I also hate soul-beast ironically enough because the whole reason I'd play a ranger is for the pet, but I decided to try a build my friend was running and the similarities are hilarious. Granted... I only come by to check whats going on while not playing like I used to. EoD is what im waiting for, to see if its worth my time. If that reveal sucks... well... guess its time to move on.

Edited by Thornwolf.9721
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 10:28 AM, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Exactly why I haven't been playing my revenant, why when its clear that the class I love won't be the class it remains to be? 

Sadly I feel like it never really was what was advertised.

Right from the outset with Herald utilities full of cooldowns, originally cooldown-free legend utilities having cooldowns slapped on them, and cooldowns and weird kitten swapping mechanics in traits, I think revenant was intended to be a bridge between thief and other profs.

Then second elite prof with only one cooldown free legend utility, and extra F abilities also with cooldowns....

On 6/29/2021 at 10:28 AM, Thornwolf.9721 said:

EoD is what im waiting for, to see if its worth my time. If that reveal sucks... well... guess its time to move on.

My revenant expectations are extremely low for EoD but I'll take a look.

It wouldn't surprise me if the leak turns out to be true - a thief like legend. Which doesn't especially interest me. And almost guaranteed to either launch full of cooldowns or have them added later.

My EoD interest is more in other profs which I probably couldn't play seriously - like group content - but might be fun enough to play casually.