Salvaging all - selection

Okay, i know there are already dozens threads and the forum police will come again tatütata, please use the search function, but if I do people will come that I necro threads. Nice hobby you have.

But, we really need the ability, if you salvage everything, to select and exclude individual things from the window (without overpriced invisible bags).

I've been recycling so many things individually the last few days after a complete HOT 3 maps event run.
It was a great idea to turn all these single items into these *insert name here*, and recycling everything at once was a great idea.
Now add the super idea that you can exclude individual things in the window, please.

And no, I will not simply recycle or sell these parts. I'm lost hoping for pre's xP.

Thanks!

I'd also like the option to exclude individual things when salvaging.

Still, I wanted to share my workaround when salvaging the whole inventory at once (as it seems to be about unidentified gear):

1. Stand next to a merchant and open the sell window

2. Open all pieces of gear until inventory is full +1 (overburdened)

3. Sell the unidentified gear to merchant (removes overburdened and stacks so that they don't get salvaged)

4. Salvage all

5. Buy back unidentified gear

6. Repeat Step 2

The merchant works as a proxy to exclude your items.

Edited by Raknar.4735

17 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

You can also salvage stacks, that might help.

This is what im talking about...

10 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

I'd also like the option to exclude individual things when salvaging.

Still, I wanted to share my workaround when salvaging the whole inventory at once (as it seems to be about unidentified gear):

1. Stand next to a merchant and open the sell window

2. Open all pieces of gear until inventory is full +1 (overburdened)

3. Sell the unidentified gear to merchant (removes overburdened and stacks so that they don't get salvaged)

4. Salvage all

5. Buy back unidentified gear

6. Repeat Step 2

The merchant works as a proxy to exclude your items.

Thats what im doing and why i made this thread. Thanks for your'e input.

• Like 1

This is why there are different bag types. Invisible bags are not "overpriced", a 20 slot is 10g.  

The trick is to have a salvager in a shared slot, stack primary bags for salvaging, preferably followed by an olmakhan bag for container opening, followed by a couple of invisible bags for permanent storage.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

I'd like this option as well. I do use invisible bags but I also like to open unidentified gear before selling or salvaging it and there's been times when it's only when I go to salvage everything that I spot something in there I actually want to keep and at that point it's annoying to have to cancel the salvage and search through my bags to find the thing I want and move it to an invisible bag.

It's not an insurmountable problem obviously, but if there was a way to exclude items from salvaging via the confirmation window it would make the process easier.

• Like 1