Where is the Legendary weapon Lore?

I did not expect, but was hoping, to see the pop-up due to the wording in the News Blog.  I did not get any pop-up, save for the generic one.

From the News Blog: 

Binding a legendary to your account will offer a little more fanfare—and some hints about your item’s nature, origin, or previous owners.

Since it said 'binding to your account' and not 'binding/moving/placing in/storing/whatever to your Legendary Armory', I thought it meant when you acquire a Legendary item after the Legendary Armory release and 'bind it to your account' (which will automatically move it to the Legendary Armory), the pop-up will appear. 

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-legendary-armory-arrives-july-13/

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

are u sure?

I just verified the release notes and it says (...)

It doesn't matter what the release log says. I am telling you how it actually works in the game. No, you do not get any lore popup on any legendaries you had bound beforehand and were automatically added to armory when you logged onto that character. You get only the generic popup for that. The Lore one shows only for the newly added stuff.

And the popup is the only place (ingame) where you can see that info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It doesn't matter what the release log says. I am telling you how it actually works in the game. No, you do not get any lore popup on any legendaries you had bound beforehand and were automatically added to armory when you logged onto that character. You get only the generic popup for that. The Lore one shows only for the newly added stuff.

And the popup is the only place (ingame) where you can see that info.

Its Sad to hear other ppl say it...

Hope @Catmander Neko.5643 can confirm this

I'm gonna wait until anet confirms it I'll use my other characters to login... the ones that has the legy items can rest for a bit. I still hope the popup is possible for already crafted legendary items and armory not unlocked and items not added to armory yet

on a sidenote, it feels funny to read what you said in your post tho... "It doesn't matter what the release log says."  🤣😂 and "I am telling you" ....  as if u rule over all things anet and ure their boss 🤣🤓 I'm not saying this to critique you or something.. its just funny

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

49 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Its Sad to hear other ppl say it...

Hope @Catmander Neko.5643 can confirm this

I'm gonna wait until anet confirms it I'll use my other characters to login... the ones that has the legy items can rest for a bit. I still hope the popup is possible for already crafted legendary items and armory not unlocked and items not added to armory yet

on a sidenote, it feels funny to read what you said in your post tho... "It doesn't matter what the release log says."  🤣😂 and "I am telling you" ....  as if u rule over all things anet and ure their boss 🤣🤓 I'm not saying this to critique you or something.. its just funny

I think you misunderstood me.  I do not care about what the release log says, because i actually went in and checked how it really works ingame. Release log is just words, but checking in game gives you the true answer.

And it works exactly how i said it does. Anet devs confirming it (or not) is not going to suddenly change reality.

14 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I think you misunderstood me.  I do not care about what the release log says, because i actually went in and checked how it really works ingame. Release log is just words, but checking in game gives you the true answer.

And it works exactly how i said it does. Anet devs confirming it (or not) is not going to suddenly change reality.

did u confirm with crafting a legy item after patch and it displayed the popup with that on the other hand, your existing legy item didnt show any popup? is that how you made sure or tested it?

(or)

you just checked with your already existing(pre patch crafted) legendary item (didnt make any new ones after patch) and it didnt show popup and u thought that is the only way of testing things?

I still believe the popup is locked out behind some itsy bitsy internal error or something... Is it a bad thing to ask confirmation from devs regarding that? since they agreed to be a lil bit more transparent with the players this time... and i'm not blaming them for anything or something like that... I just dont want to miss out the opportunity of unlocking those popup myself on my legendary items...

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

8 hours ago, JUN YANG.4328 said:

Is the lore pop up only on the character had legendary? (not mock up item). all my 12 legendary are on 1 character. i may miss lots of it.😟

It only happens when a legendary is first added to the armoury, not when you use it to create a copy on another character. At the moment it's not working at all for existing legendaries, no matter how many you have on one character.

14 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It only happens when a legendary is first added to the armoury, not when you use it to create a copy on another character. At the moment it's not working at all for existing legendaries, no matter how many you have on one character.

I realise yesterday when i log on the game. thats sucks😤