Legendary armory - compensation suggestion (for people, who have more legendaries, than armory can hold)

Compensations for excessive legendaries  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the compensation for your excessive legendary items?

• Yes, I'm totally satisfied
    • I'm satisfied, but it could've been better
    • No, that is not what I expected

I suppose many people have received their 'compensation' for excessive legendaries by now, and I'm pretty sure, that a lot of those people (including me) are not satisfied with what they got for various reasons. I understand, that the things below can sound rather selfish, but please bear with me for a moment and read my thoughts.

In case Anet stuff will read this message, I want to point out a few things I have on my mind right now.

For the past nine years I played Guld Wars 2 (and more than 6 years of original Guild Wars) and was glad with everything Anet does for us players. I even want to thank them for being so frigging good people, who think about their community and listen to it (although not in every aspect, but it is understandable), especially compared to other current MMO developers. You guys are doing a very good job, and I'm looking forward to anything you come up with. Even your questionable decisions (like the 'Icebrood saga' final chapters, story-wise) didn't give me overly bad experience (although it was very sad, that the story I was looking forward since the GW EOTN with asura and the destroyers ended so... mediocre) - I understand, that this is a hard time for everyone because of COVID, and you're working hard on the new expansion. Besides, YOU are the story tellers, so it's up to YOU how it goes, we (as a community) cannot influence that in any way (and should not). But that's not the point here right now.

Never once in my life I started a topic on the forum because I was unsatisfied with what you do, but this time I was too confused and sad to stay silent.

You released the legendary armory I was eagerly waiting for (along with many other people, who have legendary equipment), and I was very satisfied with how you made it work. Thank you for this.

But I'm overly dissapointed with the compensation for excessive legenday gear.

Why, you ask? I'll point out a few obvious things.

Many people crafted their legendaries not only because they wanted a cool skin, but for more practical uses, like swapping stats and inventory management. I was among those players - who made more legendary armore sets, than just three of different weight, only to play comfortably on different characters with different professions without time-consuming gear swapping. And also, when you anounced, that legendary armory will include legendary sigils and runes, I was among those, who crafted them right away to ensure comfortable expirience in the future.

As a matter of fact, right now I have 18 pieces of unused legendary gear in my bank (and I know people with more, than that amount).

Today as a compensation for that I received 18 Legendary trunks, and was overly dissapointed, just like many other people. I'll speak for myself here, but there's prety much nothing I can or want to choose from that box right now. I don't have any practical usage for runes or sigils (aside from 4 more sigils for underwater set, but that is a decision I wanted to make when I see the underwater content in EoD), and the PvP/WvW armor skins from this box are pretty much 'not legendary' (they are accessable through normal means) and Mistforged variants (that can be concidered 'legendary') are not included there (note please, I'm not talking about the other version of that box - a Legendary Mistforged Trunk). So for me - you're basically offer ascended armor skins for everything I did to make those legendary items before the Legendary Armory was even announced.

To clarify this: 

I'm not talking about legendary weapons here (note: excessive legendary weapons were compensated with Legendary Cache, which is pretty much a fine thing in my opinion, but can be questionable for people who were able to craft those excessive legendaries in the first place). So, armor-wise - crafting a legendary item is a pretty time and resource consuming thing, so awarding players with just 'skins' for that is pretty much 'unequal'. Basically, do you want me to choose a legendary item for a skin from that box and then destroy that legendary item? I'm dissapointed in such a half-hearted decision of yours.

So, the suggestion:

I understand, that it may sound rather selfish, but the current compensation is not enough to make up for all the time and effort players put in crafting those items. Awarding armor for armor and waeapon for weapon was a plain stupid decision given how the Legendary armory currently works.

As a way to make everyone satisfied - at least give us more options, like putting mystic clovers, mystic coins or maybe Fragments of Prismatic Light in those boxes, or introducing a way to exchange Legendary Trunks for Legendary Cache (for example - a vendor, that can give you some 'legendary tokens' for those boxes: 1 for trunk, and 3-4 for cache, and then exchange those tokens for clovers/trunks/cache in the same way).

Otherwise - you'll have a lot of devoted players dissapointed, Anet...

I don't want to offend anyone, and I mostly speak for myself here, but I hope I'll find a support from other players with the same situation and mindset.

P.S. I do not understand the reason why Anet came up with such a poor decision about that compensation. There are a lot of other ways to make people satisfied with it, rather throwing those legendary boxes at them. So in case Anet stuff is out of ideas - I suggest we write down something reasonable in this topic, that can inspire them to make good decisions in the future, or at least to give players more concrete information about such important updates beforehand in the future (without that stupid 'hype' politics), so that we can think of a way to manage our resources.

P.P.S. Just in case, I really want to know how manay people are unsatisfied with this situation, so I added the poll.

Thanks for reading all of this heartfelt cry... 😣

Edited by Saleos.8975
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had 1 extra Medium raid set for which i received 6 boxes, i can now happily run around on any rune i want thanks to the free compensation, Arenenet didnt even HAVE to do, they made a proper awesome decision here because they know that in general we are not entitled to any of it, we just getting it as a small token for our efforts but to be honest with the situation there really was no real need to make more then 3 armor sets in the first place for each respective game mode.

In your situation where you already drown in so many legendary gear that these compensations have no real use, well yeah thats less fun but in the end you did choose to make all these extra's because you have a good income of items and you need them to go somewhere, nothing wrong with that, if you love making them, thats totally fair enough, but deep down you knew that those extra's aren't really that needed.

i'd say keep the boxes, maybe in the future there will be more skins/items/sets that get included in an update, maybe not but in the end we did get something that has value to a lot of players except those that really have everything, we had extra legendary items, we get a box to choose something in the same item range which is fair enough.

As for compensating for clovers or mystic coins, that would seriously disrupt a already volatile and unstable ingame economy, which if you played for this long, you'd understand that wouldnt really be an option either.

For me, im satisfied, actually im over the moon with these boxes, free legendary runes without the hassle of provisioners tokens, all those clovers and gifts of the rune, yeah that's awesome and in terms of gold value 1 rune is about 200g more then one armor piece has been for ages, all i lost here is some legendary insights, but that's no real loss as raiding w1 to 4 is fun times for me and im not in it for the insights since i got the Envoy herald title.

Edited by DarkNighT.7319
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely agree with topic.

We got just skins for price of legendary this is not fair at all. 

I have all 3 types of armor, all runes and all sigils (actually I have more sigils now because you can still take duplicates from these boxes what makes no sense but it's possible) and I have 18 boxes which have no use for me.

Also like someone said in other post: people who haven't done raids now can choose raid armor from these boxes which shouldn't be a thing.

For me this "compensation" equals to multiplying by 0 more than a year of hard work to farm and craft all my armors.

I'm really disappointed and lost now, I was so hyped about EoD, dx11, armory announce returned to game from long break and what now? After I saw what I get I logged out and don't want to login and touch something. My account looks like broken now with all duplicates which lay like dead weight on my characters and boxes which have no usage. 

One good thing is ability to select legendary sigils and runes (but if you had them already you got nothing) but again now I have duplicated here because you can choose more for some reason.

I expected to see resources equals to investment but not skins and it strange to see people speaking about effect on game economy if it was only minor number of players 0.008% (or was it more actually?)

Like I said I expected good QoL improvements but got broken account 😞 from this point I wish this armory never exists.

Edited by Kron.2351
  • Like 1

It doesn't affect me because I don't have any duplicate legendaries, but I was expecting them to be more flexible with the options to avoid exactly the situation we've been hearing about on the forum where people get compensation boxes they can't use because they already have all the items available from them.

This is why I assumed contacting affected people directly would involve some discussion: because I doubt there's a one-size fits all solution that would work here and offering a few options and letting players choose would help address that. For example they could offer a like-for-like replacement legendary first, then maybe a different type of legendary where that doesn't work (like swapping armour or weapons for sigils or runes, or even trinkets) and only offer a mix of materials where there's no other option so far fewer players will be getting a bulk delivery of mystic coins and the impact if/when they sell them won't be too extreme, at least no worse than cancelling out the spike from the armoury being announced.

26 minutes ago, Kron.2351 said:

Also like someone said in other post: people who haven't done raids now can choose raid armor from these boxes which shouldn't be a thing.

Isn't the same true for the WvW and PvP armour? Someone who never played that game mode can get the armour from this box. I know the skins on those aren't as distinctive and the basic skins are shared with the ascended version, but they're still only available to people who played WvW or PvP to get them.

Someone who made 2 matching sets of raid armour can now get a full set of Glorious Hero's armour which normally requires you to place at least 4th in multiple monthly tournaments, without playing even a single PvP match. (And yes that is just for the ascended version, the legendary version has a bunch of other requirements too.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, trouble.3562 said:

I got  more than one leggy set and 2 bolts. How do i get my "compensation"?  if there is such one. tyvm

Only if you had extra copies that could not be added, say if you had 5 bolt's then one couldnt be added anymore because the armory only holds a maximum of 4, and the 2 armor sets with the same skin and weight then you'd have 1 set be redundant and get a compensation, but its more likely your 2 sets are unique sets and not identical, so you get nothing 🙂

Edited by DarkNighT.7319

Because all characters can have 4 weapon slots, 2 weapons on each set, so you could for instance run 4 swords on a mesmer, 1 set with boon duration, one set with power, or condi, whichever you like, so that means you can have 4 bolts equipped on one character, if you add 1 legendary item on slot 1, you then used that item for that slot, so you need more copies or fill out the other slots with ascended and transmute them, but they don't have the ability to change stats.

Edited by DarkNighT.7319

5 minutes ago, trouble.3562 said:

ok but, sorry. why allow 4 when 1 is enough for all the account? sounds a bit of a scam to me and a fake compensation ha

Read how it's implemented: you have 4 slots for legendary swords: 
Main hand + off hand - first weapons set
Main hand + off hand - second weapons set
So if you want to have legendary swords in all hands and both sets you need 4 of them, if you have more (5+) you will receive compensation.

But for armor you have only 1 slot per skin. 

Edited by Kron.2351

Guys tyvm for the info, both of you. So to resume,  1 leggy armor set is enough for my entire account which from now on i can use in all my toons as a gear and not just as a "skin", correct?

Regardings to weapons, its the same as before....as I can see. But again, the difference is that my "bolt" can be used now in all my toons? and if im lucky enough to have more, all of them can use those 2 or +´bolts?

sorry im slow, tyvm .

1 Legendary Light armor set can be used on all Light armored classes, same for medium and heavy, and the same principle applies to Bolt, any class that can utilize a sword with or without elite specialization can equip that sword and you no longer have to move it around between shared or bank slot.

On top of that if you set the stats on one char to be power, and on another character to be condition, the items will remember this setting when you load the character.

• Like 1

Let me see if I understand this...

You made a bunch of legendary armor...

ANet created a feature at cost to them (resources expended) and no cost to you.  This feature makes it easier for anyone who has any legendary items to use those items on any character who can use the armor weight (or weapon, etc.).

Despite that there is a clause in the UI (or maybe TOS, cba to look up which one) which says something like, "the game may change at any time with no notice...", ANet chose to offer some compensation to those who now had more legendary items of a type than they no longer need because ANet chose to make transferring those items easier.

I'm no stars-in-my-eyes fan of ANet, but this sense that you are owed something at all because a game developer chose to make things easier for you at no cost to you... well, to be kind, it's hard to fathom.

Edited by IndigoSundown.5419
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, DarkNighT.7319 said:

Only if you had extra copies that could not be added, say if you had 5 bolt's then one couldnt be added anymore because the armory only holds a maximum of 4, and the 2 armor sets with the same skin and weight then you'd have 1 set be redundant and get a compensation, but its more likely your 2 sets are unique sets and not identical, so you get nothing 🙂

Dark, i do have a second armor piece. Any advice on where to ask for the chest or whatever? tyvm sorry for the questions.

1 minute ago, trouble.3562 said:

Dark, i do have a second armor piece. Any advice on where to ask for the chest or whatever? tyvm sorry for the questions.

Is it the same weight/skin? if yes then you should get a box automatically, if not, then you get nothing.

As for efficiency, yeh no it's a mess right now, best check all of your chars as Arenanet did point out in their article.

Edited by DarkNighT.7319
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, trouble.3562 said:

I wonder though, I have 2 bolts and I dont see them on efficiency? any ideas why? << gl finding it on 69 toons.

because legendaries are no longer items. They are absorbed into the legendary armory as soon as you login on the toon that has it. Check your equipment screen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spartacus.3192 said:

because legendaries are no longer items. They are absorbed into the legendary armory as soon as you login on the toon that has it. Check your equipment screen. 

Now thats a great sentence i needed to read. Tyvm. I was thinking "skins" or "items" or what...

10 minutes ago, DarkNighT.7319 said:

Is it the same weight/skin? if yes then you should get a box automatically, if not, then you get nothing.

As for efficiency, yeh no it's a mess right now, best check all of your chars as Arenanet did point out in their article.

I get the point that we could "make them" for the skin. But, then again.., now its 2 pieces of leggy when only  1 is enough. But i get it,. Guys, tyvm for the info. I hope your answers also clarify others on the same issue.

45 minutes ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Посмотрим, понимаю ли я это ...

Вы сделали кучу легендарных доспехов ...

ANet создал функцию по стоимости для них (затраченные ресурсы) и бесплатно для вас. Эта функция позволяет любому, у кого есть какие-либо легендарные предметы, использовать эти предметы на любом персонаже, который может использовать вес брони (или оружия и т. Д.).

Несмотря на то, что в пользовательском интерфейсе есть пункт (или, возможно, TOS, cba, чтобы найти, какой из них), который говорит что-то вроде «игра может измениться в любой момент без предварительного уведомления ...», ANet решил предложить некоторую компенсацию тем у которых теперь было больше легендарных предметов определенного типа, чем им больше не нужно, потому что ANet решил упростить передачу этих предметов.

Я не заядлый фанат ANet, но у меня такое чувство, что вы в чем-то должны, потому что разработчик игры решил упростить вам жизнь бесплатно ... ну, будьте добры, это сложно постичь.

The reverse side of the coin. Players who had 3 sets got 9 for free, and those players who had 9 got 3 for free, and is this prudent?

3 hours ago, Kardi.4057 said:

The reverse side of the coin. Players who had 3 sets got 9 for free, and those players who had 9 got 3 for free, and is this prudent?

Could you clearify this 3 of the same 6 piece set is 12 boxes right?

So were do you get 9 from

7 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Не могли бы вы прояснить, что эти 3 одинаковых набора из 6 предметов - это 12 коробок, верно?

Итак, вы получили 9 от

I got 36 chests in 6 sets

I totaly agree with the opener. I also just build 9 Sets for be free in Stat choosing and its not fair that i have nothing to Pick out of this trunks. If i would need the runes/sigills it would be cool But nothing feels like a punch into my face. And that some ppl say we could Pick just a Skin think about it 12k Gold trade for some skins. No one of u would Do that. Im not even greedy but for me i got 28 trunks without any use its so sad not even had fun today to play cause it hurts. So many hours of playing for nothing cheers

And tbh who wants to compensate to much legy Amor with even more legy Amor makes no sense

Edited by Matze.8429