Marionette Deregulator

I simply can't believe that this achievement design is still present in the game in 2021. 

"But Boz, what's wrong with it?"
Well, it all starts rather simple. "Kill each of the five wardens." Okay.

"Does it track which ones I've killed?"
Nope.
"That's okay, I'll just track which ones I've killed manually, on, like, a chalkboard, like a mormon."

Sure, you can do that. Tell me, off the top of your head, if you kill a Warden, but your lane fails, does it count?
If the previous lane failed, and you killed that Warden, how does that count?

If you died against a Warden, but your mate kills it, how does that work out?

I am now at 4/5, and did the kitten event three more times, and I still have no clue who I'm missing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Sure, you can do that. Tell me, off the top of your head, if you kill a Warden, but your lane fails, does it count?

No.

If the previous lane failed, and you killed that Warden, how does that count?

As kill. Notice, though, that the warden being killed does not depend on lane, but on number of chains cut. So, if Lane 1 succeeded and lane 2 failed, lane 3 will be fighting Warden II.

If you died against a Warden, but your mate kills it, how does that work out?

It counts (but see the first question)

I am now at 4/5, and did the kitten event three more times, and I still have no clue who I'm missing.

You need to remember the wardens themselves (their mechanics, not the lanes you were in). Each warden has a different mechanic, and you can recognize them by that. So, check the encounter guide or something, and try to find out which of the wardens you don't remember fighting. Then, go to the proper lane. If you'll hear an info that the attempt to cut a chain reesulted in failure, move up a lane (or from lane V to lane I).

If you don't remember which warden you failed, just go at them again, one after another. Remember, btw, that the debuff you get after killing a warden disappears after a while, so it's often possible to go into more than one platform fight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It's the boss and they are all different as is the individual achieves to avoid the special attacks. So if you have any of those achieves like dodger you know you already beat that boss. Lanes 1 and 2 almost never fail so odds are it's 3 4 or 5. 5 is the splitter one and 4 is the pita one that aoe that takes up the whole circle almost before the sword attack. My guess it's those 2 as like one above said if a lane fails you get that boss not the boss you were supposed to get and took me a few trys to get 4 and 5 achieves because you def a lane and don't really want to abandon to move from 4-5 because 3 failed and now you get the 3 boss in lane 4.

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There are two achievements. The Marionette Deregulator mentioned in topic is indeed from Origin of Madness, from 2014. There's however also the Champion Deregulator, which is the exact same achievement, but from Revenge of the Marionette event we've just got. If the 2021 achievement was done better, we could just suggest looking into it to see which wardens were killed, butunfortunately the current achievement suffers from the exact same problem the original one did. So, OP is right in wondering why "this achievement design is still present in the game in 2021".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You need to remember the wardens themselves (their mechanics, not the lanes you were in). Each warden has a different mechanic, and you can recognize them by that. So, check the encounter guide or something, and try to find out which of the wardens you don't remember fighting. Then, go to the proper lane. If you'll hear an info that the attempt to cut a chain reesulted in failure, move up a lane (or from lane V to lane I).

This right here.

Alternative, check which of the warden specific achievements you are missing or have completed :

Marionette Lightfoot - Warden I

Marionette Sidestepper - Warden II

Marionette Short-Circuiter - Warden III

Marionette Dodger - Warden IV

Marionette Muter - Warden V

- https://guildjen.com/2021/07/13/the-twisted-marionette-achievements-guide/#The_Origins_of_Madness_-_135AP

If you have any of those completed, you have the corresponding warden completed too. Make a list, check off which wardens you have done, then pay attention to the following wardens you are fighting.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have Champion Deregulator (which was kill 10 Power Regulator Wardens). 

Didn't seem to matter which ones.

I have 4/5 Marionette Deregulator (which is kill each of the Power Regulator Wardens).

I have 2/5 of specific Warden achievements.  (Short-Circuiter and Side-Stepper)

Oh, and 3/5 on Like Clockwork.

Never sure which Warden I will get as it depends on whether lanes fail or succeed. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

12 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

There are two achievements. The Marionette Deregulator mentioned in topic is indeed from Origin of Madness, from 2014. There's however also the Champion Deregulator, which is the exact same achievement, but from Revenge of the Marionette event we've just got. If the 2021 achievement was done better, we could just suggest looking into it to see which wardens were killed, butunfortunately the current achievement suffers from the exact same problem the original one did. So, OP is right in wondering why "this achievement design is still present in the game in 2021".

For the 2021 achievement it doesn't matter which warden you kill. Source: I've got the achievement with only killing wardens IV and V (as I was still missing their specific achievements).

2 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

For the 2021 achievement it doesn't matter which warden you kill. Source: I've got the achievement with only killing wardens IV and V (as I was still missing their specific achievements).

My bad. That will teach me to write posts from memory instead of getting into the game and verifying it even when i am sure i know something. For some reason i was 100% sure that it was just the same achievement, just cloned to the new achievement group.

Edited by Astralporing.1957

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

My bad. That will teach me to write posts from memory instead of getting into the game and verifying it even when i am sure i know something. For some reason i was 100% sure that it was just the same achievement, just cloned to the new achievement group.

I think the wording is the same, and I recall that I expected it to be the same, too, but then checked the achievement after doing warden V twice and being pleasantly surprised that the counter had gone up twice, too.

1 minute ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

I think the wording is the same, and I recall that I expected it to be the same, too, but then checked the achievement after doing warden V twice and being pleasantly surprised that the counter had gone up twice, too.

The funny part is that i actually did know how it worked, and would have been able to realize it immediately had i thought about it for a second. After all, i did that achieve just very recently, and i did not have to go to every lane in order to obtain it. And yet for some reason i was still fully sure it worked the same as back in 2014.

Mind can sometimes work in mysterious ways.