EBG SMC Need NERF "

Jerry CCH.9816

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:Interesting it seems to be Blackgate players asking for this.

It's not a sever issue, its a design/mechanics issue... at least for me. One person sitting on a treb, being able to safely fire on 5 towers is not good design imo. It makes upgrading and defending those towers useless after a certain point and they just turn paper and flip constantly. I would prefer a group actually have to fight for it rather then just waiting for the walls to drop. This also hurts smaller groups who do not have enough to hit SMC, but might be able to defend those towers if they were attacked the conventional way.

It makes taking and keeping SMC key to your section of the map's security.

I've never personally been a fan of SMC, but I can see why it was used in this way.

I've taken SMC with six, on reset, with two full map blobs.

There are other places inside SMC where you can setup trebs to hit those towers, that's not the issue. The problem is being able to safely do it from the third floor. This basically just promotes lazy ktraining, where larger groups are just running in circles back capping paper towers. Removing this ability to treb from the 3rd floor would add a little more counter play and allow smaller groups to hit those trebs, and defend towers.

@X T D.6458 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:Interesting it seems to be Blackgate players asking for this.

It's not a sever issue, its a design/mechanics issue... at least for me. One person sitting on a treb, being able to safely fire on 5 towers is not good design imo. It makes upgrading and defending those towers useless after a certain point and they just turn paper and flip constantly. I would prefer a group actually have to fight for it rather then just waiting for the walls to drop. This also hurts smaller groups who do not have enough to hit SMC, but might be able to defend those towers if they were attacked the conventional way.

I've never personally been a fan of SMC, but I can see why it was used in this way.

There are other places inside SMC where you can setup trebs to hit those towers, that's not the issue. The problem is being able to safely do it from the third floor. This basically just promotes lazy ktraining, where larger groups are just running in circles back capping paper towers. Removing this ability to treb from the 3rd floor would add a little more counter play and allow smaller groups to hit those trebs, and defend towers.

You do realize there's a "sweet spot" on the ground outside where a ballista can hit those third floor trebs eh?

More amusing: those trebs can't hit you at those spots. They have to come out and try to kill you.

I mean this with love: if you are constantly rolling over other servers, there's no incentive to learn these tricks.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

You do realize there's a "sweet spot" on the ground outside where a ballista can hit those third floor trebs eh?

More amusing: those trebs can't hit you at those spots. They have to come out and try to kill you.

I mean this with love: if you are constantly rolling over other servers, there's no incentive to learn these tricks.

Being on BG myself, I agree with you. Best thing for us was when MAG was winning for a couple of weeks.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

Tried this a while ago near Duri. The treb was not in front of the platform, and ballista could not make any dmg. Explosive ammo included.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

I mean this with love, please show me how to ballista those trebs when there is a map blob defending the wall below them? I'd also like to know where to ballista such trebs when they are correctly set further back rather than near the edge, as no one has been able to hit mine with one <3

3rd floor trebs in smc is over powered and trying to kill them when the winning server has a queue of ktrainers with nothing better to do than sit below them protecting from 5 people very quickly becomes no fun and causes a snowball effect of people deciding there is no point and logging out. If you have an upgraded, sieged up smc than you simply do NOT need the added protection of safely afk trebbing from the third floor while you go to the store.

@Varmundor.1529 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

I mean this with love, please show me how to ballista those trebs when there is a map blob defending the wall below them? I'd also like to know where to ballista such trebs when they are correctly set further back rather than near the edge, as no one has been able to hit mine with one <3

3rd floor trebs in smc is over powered and trying to kill them when the winning server has a queue of ktrainers with nothing better to do than sit below them protecting from 5 people very quickly becomes no fun and causes a snowball effect of people deciding there is no point and logging out. If you have an upgraded, sieged up smc than you simply do NOT need the added protection of safely afk trebbing from the third floor while you go to the store.

@Varmundor.1529 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

I can hit them as far back as a third of platform.

Yep it's harder to defend in open field, but until you get those trebs down, there's no point breaking a wall.

I find it's a good time to call in a well honed guild for free lootbags. Two guilds together can play keep away quite nicely. It's a beautiful thing. :)

Five people with a fully upgraded SMC vs a map blob is not going to flip it, ballista or anything. Unless you break a wall, hide well, and portal into lords. And if I can solo run sups to outer garri cata and get the wall down alone with two map blobs, you can do it too!

@Pelto.9364 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

Tried this a while ago near Duri. The treb was not in front of the platform, and ballista could not make any dmg. Explosive ammo included.

If you can position yourself to click on the treb, you can hit it. Don't worry about the view changing on screen.

.. Are you SURE that you arent on Blobgate SugarCayne? I read your response about calling in 2 'well honed guilds' after your earlier snide comment to X T D and I have to wonder if you have ever been on an outmanned server.

If the servers that are outmanned in some timezones horribly had 2 guilds to call to help them with a treb then the treb wouldnt be an issue, because theyd just take smc.... or at least the 2 servers im currently on would.

If you are absolutely overwhelmed by the enemy number but they have to siege from somewhere other then the 3rd floor, you at least have a chance of quickly suiciding or even killing some as they come in. Sure you probably arent saving the tower, (though i've seen a few determined ppl make it so much effort that the blob didnt bother), but at least you can give the losing team the feeling that it wasnt hopeless and hopefully enable them to have some fun.

Fun.. you do remember that right? This is a game. The losers need to have fun too or they stop logging in. 3rd floor trebs can be defended by a map blob giving a low numbers side no chance and causing more to log out. I dont know how anyone could justify that.

@Varmundor.1529 said:.. Are you SURE that you arent on Blobgate SugarCayne? I read your response about calling in 2 'well honed guilds' after your earlier snide comment to X T D and I have to wonder if you have ever been on an outmanned server.

If the servers that are outmanned in some timezones horribly had 2 guilds to call to help them with a treb then the treb wouldnt be an issue, because theyd just take smc.... or at least the 2 servers im currently on would.

If you are absolutely overwhelmed by the enemy number but they have to siege from somewhere other then the 3rd floor, you at least have a chance of quickly suiciding or even killing some as they come in. Sure you probably arent saving the tower, (though i've seen a few determined ppl make it so much effort that the blob didnt bother), but at least you can give the losing team the feeling that it wasnt hopeless and hopefully enable them to have some fun.

Fun.. you do remember that right? This is a game. The losers need to have fun too or they stop logging in. 3rd floor trebs can be defended by a map blob giving a low numbers side no chance and causing more to log out. I dont know how anyone could justify that.

Snide comment? I actually scrolled up and re-read and I still don't see it.

My server was always outmanned when I was talking about the stuff in this thread. How do you think I figured out alternatives for attacking? It wasn't by rolling over people with more numbers.

Here's an example of what one well honed guild can do.

If you look closely you'll see the outmanned buff in a lot of the clip.

Two guilds like that and you're golden. But it takes cooperation and respect between players.

@jamesdolla.3954 said:i mean, it's not just smc all the tactics on everything need major nerf. People are just hiding in towers keeps and castles avoiding fights.

Keeping a castle is a way to fight. Not my favourite but it's a legitimate one. Remove that option and you turn WvW into a boring karma train farm.

Archived