Well GW2 has ruined me ☹

2 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

i had to go back to page 1 just now. But i mentioned that i wasnt going to play through the boring low levels of a game to get to the good fun stuff locked away at the higher levels. Basically a game needs to be fun from the start and i found FFXIV dull to begin with, and it just didnt get better for the ~30 levels i played.

I interpreted that to mean you're just not going to (continue to) put time into playing it, FWIW... not that you were asking for a way to skip it.  To be clear, I'm fine with either option. 🙂

Edited by Bladezephyr.5714

Just now, Bladezephyr.5714 said:

I interpreted that to mean you're just not going to (continue to) put time into playing it, FWIW... not that you were asking for a way to skip it.  To be clear, I'm fine with either option. 🙂

Yup! Wasnt asking to skip it! Using this game as an example: I dont really skip leveling. Ive got 400+ tomes sitting in my bank, but ive hand leveled all but one or two of my 18 characters. >.>

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bladezephyr.5714 said:

If you don't enjoy WvW then I assure you, any time you spend there is grind.  And 9 years is an awful long time to take to get anything in any video game.  That said, exotic is good enough for everything but high-level fractals, for which you can get ascended in a much shorter period of time.  Still, even if you don't "need" legendary gear, for many if not most players it's desirable to have, and for a lot of players (myself included) the grind is prohibitive.  But you don't have to let that stop you from enjoying the rest of the game...

Anything you don't enjoy can be considered a grind...

Also, I've been playing for nine years, I didn't say it took me nine years to get legendary armor; in that nine years I've also amassed almost 2k mystic coins (total after crafting all armor pieces of one weight) and 300 mystic clovers without clover gambling.  They're just materials for 'future use'.  

As for exotics being 'good enough', I think it wholly depends on how often you build swap.  Playing WvW I play around with builds all the time, and re-crafting exotics or re-rolling ascendeds gets way too expensive for my liking, which is why I did armor before a legendary weapon.  

For me the true 'grind' are legendaries that require collections--take Aurora for instance, currently at the druid stone part which is almost 3 weeks of doing the exact same hearts to fill out the collections.  That to me is a literal grind because I get nothing else out of it (aside from some karma to go with the 8 million I have).  

8 hours ago, Bladezephyr.5714 said:

That depends on who you ask...  For the average player that's true, but remember that being average means roughly half the population is better than you.  Once your skill gets to a certain point, all the content gets easy for you.  MightyTeapot has a really good video about this on YT called "Difficulty in Games and Guild Wars 2's Greatest Flaw!"

Thats true in any game, you get to know your rotations and spells and the fight mechanics it becomes easier. Thats not a gw2 issue that is in all games. Dont like normal mode too boring then bump it up to hard mode mythic mode w/e till you can roflstomp that too.

On 7/31/2021 at 9:23 PM, Zuldari.3940 said:

Umm there is plenty of hard content in this game lol, no illusion about it. You choose to play the game in the least difficult way, i can do that in any game too. But if you want to try something you have to use more than 1111 with there are options in this game.

Don't agree.  One example to help you understand my argument.  Go to SW and take part in preventing the occupation of any fort.  Stick with it until the game triggers it's cheat event.  What happens is the game will spawn a kitten load of those leggy things right at your location.  They will knock you down and keep you there until dead, not to mention they virtually one shot.  The same amount of leggy things running around normally I can dispatch quite easily.   Are you getting the picture?

Being aware of this ambush I have even tried running as soon as they spawn, but alas they will port to you and drop you.   The only exception to this is the intervention of other players, yet even a army running to your aid is rarely successful.

If you don't believe me go try it for yourself.  I can trigger it any time I like so you should have no trouble.  It's the same result every time.  This sort of content is NOT hard, it's kitten coated BS.

This is just one of many game cheats that can trigger.  They don't make it obvious obviously.  Those not open to it will take it as normal.  Just be aware that the game is trolling you.

Edited by Follyfoot.2803
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Follyfoot.2803 said:

Don't agree.  One example to help you understand my argument.  Go to SW and take part in preventing the occupation of any fort.  Stick with it until the game triggers it's cheat event.  What happens is the game will spawn a kitten load of those leggy things right at your location.  They will knock you down and keep you there until dead, not to mention they virtually one shot.  The same amount of leggy things running around normally I can dispatch quite easily.   Are you getting the picture?

That whole post sounds like gross lack of knowledge about mechanics what is going on. There is no "cheat event" when defending forts in SW, the game just tossed harder and harder assaults the higher tier the fort has. And you are not supposed to be able to hold fort solo. (Tho with all the powercreep it should have been much easier now than it was originally)

There is no "leggy things" that "knock you down and keep you there until dead", there are alot of enemy types that has access to long knockdowns, so if you don't have stability/stunbreaks, of course they can and will CC lock you.

That whole "on your exact position" and "teleport to you to finish you off" sounds like straight out fantasy trying to justify lack of knowledge on how those events actually work.

And I am saying all those things from position of person whom have oversaw upgrade of singular fort from beginning to the end, numerous times for each fort out in SW. So Yes, I was satying at same fort from the very capture by the pact, all the way to the "breach" stage of the meta. At every single fort, multiple times each (hunting for legendary champions for achies just in case you wondered why)

• Like 3

On 8/2/2021 at 4:51 AM, Follyfoot.2803 said:

I join raids all the time in FF14 but I respect my eyes to much to take part in any intense GW2 light show.  No thank you very much.

You can turn off other people's visual effects in FFXIV if that helps. (Not sure if it's an option in GW2 as it's something I've personally never had an issue with, hopefully that option exists.)

The reason I brought up raiding here is that it is very different compared to FFXIV/WoW. Using a term we're both familiar with since we each played FFXIV and would help to get the point across faster. GW2 raids only have an 'Ultimate' difficulty, there's no casual 'Looking For Raid' que on normal difficulty. Most players in GW2 haven't even seen/completed a raid. You either go hard, or you go home. Something which is perfectly fine thanks to GW2 having horizontal progression compared to linear progression.

GW2 has difficult content. Is just that you have to go above and beyond to do it. Sure you can go through the basics of GW2 spamming "1" but without putting forth the effort to do more than basics, the basics are all you're ever going to see.

Not knocking people that want a casual laid-back experience, just saying that there's more to GW2 than meets the eye.

1 hour ago, Chemistral.7318 said:

You can turn off other people's visual effects in FFXIV if that helps. (Not sure if it's an option in GW2 as it's something I've personally never had an issue with, hopefully that option exists.)

The reason I brought up raiding here is that it is very different compared to FFXIV/WoW. Using a term we're both familiar with since we each played FFXIV and would help to get the point across faster. GW2 raids only have an 'Ultimate' difficulty, there's no casual 'Looking For Raid' que on normal difficulty. Most players in GW2 haven't even seen/completed a raid. You either go hard, or you go home. Something which is perfectly fine thanks to GW2 having horizontal progression compared to linear progression.

GW2 has difficult content. Is just that you have to go above and beyond to do it. Sure you can go through the basics of GW2 spamming "1" but without putting forth the effort to do more than basics, the basics are all you're ever going to see.

Not knocking people that want a casual laid-back experience, just saying that there's more to GW2 than meets the eye.

You can yes.  At lowest everyone is in basic gear but still have the shiny's on their backs.  Looks weird.  That aside I can't stand GW2 boss fights or their mechanics, not fun in the slightest.  If I am going to raid I want it to be fun and exciting, even nail biting.  There is none of that in GW2 boss fights.  You have to remember that all bosses under 2000 feet tall are disco balls.

You can't beat the holy trinity in boss fights, you just can't

Edited by Follyfoot.2803