EoD: Aurene won't die

lezbefriends.7516

1 hour ago, Poormany.4507 said:

They did say there are going to be sad moments while showing an in-game screen of Aurene laying on the ground and not looking that great... (@25:50 in the livestream) - Could just be a red herring though.

I'd like to point out that she looks somewhat like Glint in one of the LW or Story missions. I'm not invested so much in the life and death of our powerful lizard.

They said something about untimely death during the stream, but this might have been more about Taimi.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

They said something about untimely death during the stream, but this might have been more about Taimi.

I think what you are referring to was something like "untimely death of Horrik", after talking about the scene with the Asura next to Mai Trin.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

I'd like to point out that she looks somewhat like Glint in one of the LW or Story missions. I'm not invested so much in the life and death of our powerful lizard.

Just checked and her pose is very similar to Glint's in Scion and Champion.

That seems to lean more towards Aurene dying at EoD as a parallel to Glint's death (possibly against the DsD or its magic in the same manner as Glint was killed by Kralkatorrik?), as a start of the new cycle, whatever that will be.

Edited by Poormany.4507

4 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

I think what you are referring to was something like "untimely death of Horrik", after talking about the scene with the Asura next to Mai Trin.

Now, that makes a lot of sense, so the Asura next to Mai Trin is the replacement for Horrik. I'm very happy to see Aerherblades again, I wonder how will they be involved in the story. I hope they are not just our taxi to Cantha.

6 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

You forgot Lazarus.

I dunno what to expect tbh. I find it neccessary to kill off Aurene, because with her Around, there is no real tension in the story. She is just too pwerful, and unless you include tons of magic-/technobabble, there is nothing that can actually contest her anymore.

But I am sceptical if Anet has the guts to kill her off.

There is a very easy way aroudn that that does not involve killing aurene off - how about making conflicts that do not concern an elder dragon?

There is alot of material for conflict that does not impact the balance and therefore would be "no concern for the prism".

Here is a thing, with how aurene acted even within IBS, the story post EoD does not even need anything to be able to contest with her. Sotry does not even need anything trying to enter a contest against aurene. As long as it is not ED scale of danger to the whole world, Aurene is more than content to leave it to mortals to deal with whatever problem they have, while she contemplates... stuff I guess at the scrying pool.

As for having guts to actually go ahead and kill her off - is it even possible to kill her off without heavy retcons? I mean she still has Joko's power of being virtually unkillable.

Wait, people dont think they will kill off Aurene? They kill of tons of characters, its basically their go to when it comes to removing someone from the plot.

I have a feeling she will die, though probably come back. Or she dies when the DSD dies, and gets reborn, along with all the other dragons but due to her purity at the time of her death, the rest also get purified.

• Haha 1