Recommend class for WvW for Noob

Pradana.9173

I often play wvw , but mostly as scourge or heal scrapper and always stick to zerg or pug, because i cant roam, always get killed even in 1v1 situation, maybe just because im a noob. 

is there a class that tanky , easy to play specialy in roaming ?i tried mesmer but the skill rotation is overwhelming. 

maybe if u guys have some roaming build feel free to share, i will appreciate it.

now i have necro,guardian,thief,revenant,engineer .

thank you

Condi builds are usually the tanky builds because of trailblazer or dire stats, necros can be tanky without it though. Any of the necro specs, thief poison, rev torment, even burn guard can fit that bill. Not sure if condi eng is a thing these day, the flamethrower build tends to be a meme build mostly. Mesmers can be overwhelming if you try to do too many things at once, especially if you're trying to get clone positioning and shatters down perfectly, while tracking conditions, dodges, boon stripping, interrupting, and clone counters etc, just work on a couple things at a time.

You can look up a lot of the specs here, and don't just look at the wvw section, a lot of specs can be modified to play wherever.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Necromancer

Good luck.

Edited by XenesisII.1540

If you want to roam and zerg, then the best Tipp I can give is to make use of build templates. 

If you play Scourge or Scrapper, both have decent roaming build ( for necro use reaper) 

Another Tipp I can give is that most roamers aren't actually good at it. They just abuse the fact that zerglings can't win 1on1 fights because their builds are not made for that. 

Just try and you will win some 1on1s in no time. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Condi builds are usually the tanky builds because of trailblazer or dire stats, necros can be tanky without it though. Any of the necro specs, thief poison, rev torment, even burn guard can fit that bill. Not sure if condi eng is a thing these day, the flamethrower build tends to be a meme build mostly. Mesmers can be overwhelming if you try to do too many things at once, especially if you're trying to get clone positioning and shatters down perfectly, while tracking conditions, dodges, boon stripping, interrupting, and clone counters etc, just work on a couple things at a time.

You can look up a lot of the specs here, and don't just look at the wvw section, a lot of specs can be modified to play wherever.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Necromancer

Good luck.

much appreciate ! gonna try it. thanks

23 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

If you want to roam and zerg, then the best Tipp I can give is to make use of build templates. 

If you play Scourge or Scrapper, both have decent roaming build ( for necro use reaper) 

Another Tipp I can give is that most roamers aren't actually good at it. They just abuse the fact that zerglings can't win 1on1 fights because their builds are not made for that. 

Just try and you will win some 1on1s in no time. 

alright, thanks . may try using reaper more in wvw🙂 

Try Deadeye. It plays exactly as you'd expect: high burst damage. Only you have lots of escapes, easy to sustain yourself, and more fun than just pressing 1 skill over and over.

With all the interrupts, it feels like playing Sniper in DotA...