Guardian move speed

RagiNagi.1802

Hello!

I recently have been alting from Thief to Guardian in my PvE game time.  Thief is so ellusive and quick that I kind of miss it in the guardian. How to you get around the absence of passive Move Speed boost? Especially in events like Fractals or Strike missions. It seems that everyone just runs past me and i'm dragging behind. Ive been trying to swap to staff and use Save yourselves, but I can't manage to keep my self perma sped up. Is there any way to make Guardian/DH move faster?

Thanks!

dragonhunter has this trait "soaring devastation":

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soaring_Devastation

Aside from making Wings of Resolve hit upon landing, it provides passive +25% movement speed when they are off cd.

As far as core/FB goes, mantaining swiftness it only way to try to keep up in fracs. Strikes rarely has need to move all that much, and the ones where movement is really needed you can use mounts anyway 🙂

("Retreat!" is the main source of mantaining swift, SY! and staff may not suffice, but "Retreat!" should do cover it perfectly)

• Like 2

If it's really an issue with firebrand, you can pop the F3 tome and spam skill 1 - that will stack a fair amount of swiftness and, incidentally, a bit of stability as well which helps with some running sections. It can sometimes be useful to use blocks and projectile destruction skills to avoid being tagged by enemies so you can get to where you're looking to go without being put into combat and slowed down that way.

Generally speaking, though, there is a degree of "show a bit of patience, that's your source of an increased attack rate once the fight starts" in play where firebrands are concerned. Most groups won't expect thief-like mobility from firebrands and will make allowances. And the exceptions tend to be the ones that fail a lot anyway.

In fractals, you have mobility potions.

Elsewhere in pve I use soaring devastation (dh only) or retreat. If you don't want to bother swapping traits, firebrand can use tome 2, skill 3.

I don't think you need that much mobility for strikes.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, RagiNagi.1802 said:

Hello!

I recently have been alting from Thief to Guardian in my PvE game time.  Thief is so ellusive and quick that I kind of miss it in the guardian. How to you get around the absence of passive Move Speed boost? Especially in events like Fractals or Strike missions. It seems that everyone just runs past me and i'm dragging behind. Ive been trying to swap to staff and use Save yourselves, but I can't manage to keep my self perma sped up. Is there any way to make Guardian/DH move faster?

Thanks!

If you want more “thief-like” gameplay for DH  for open world (or pvp/wvw) you can run Trapper Runes which give super speed and stealth for 3s when you place a trap. Not recommended for fractals or raids tho since it’s a dps loss and unnecessary