i love Asura gameplay personal story wise not so much

trunks.5249

i love how they fly around like ninjas however. roll playing wise i am having trouble buying into it. they are just so tiny considering what are characters go through it just doesn't make sense the other Asura make sense because they use golems to do the fighting. if we were able to have a mech style golem like taimi has a main weapon in pve or in the story we were told we were genetically modified to be fighters i could buy into it more. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

To be fair the difference in size between an asura and a charr is a lot smaller than the difference between a charr and a giant or hydra and yet nobody bats an eye at the charr hero taking those things on with skill and determination.

This is an odd sort of double standard I see a lot of. People are more accepting of a human-sized fighter taking on a 50ft long dragon but if you drop just two feet off that human's height suddenly it is no longer realistic.

If we're going with gritty realism no playable race should survive a single hit from a giant or a sandshark aside from maybe the norn, and that is only because they're supernaturally strong and resilient for their size.

Also keep in mind all classes use magic to varying degrees. Your asura isn't just a mundane, every day asura if you go with warrior. They'll be enhancing their physical abilities through a passive use of the ambient magical energies in the air and in their bodies. So roleplay your asura as more of a super-asura. One that can smash the ground so hard they create shockwaves or can swing their sword so fast as to become a living blender.

Combine that with enchanted armor and weapons and I really don't see why an asuran warrior can't compete with humans or even the norn. After a certain point the edge the larger races get from pure biological athleticism becomes too marginal to matter.

• Thanks 1