Contested Has Changed - Or New Visual Map Bug?

hugeboss.5432

Hiya,

I know sometimes small changes don't make it to the patch details, and so I was wondering about the new contest changes.

If you check your map, only the current map will display "white contested swords" on objectives (if contested). These are not visible on other maps anymore, except waypointed keeps will be shown as contested waypoints (if contested).

Is this a new intentional wvw change that I missed, or is it a new bug that has crept in somewhere along the road?

Personally, I hope contest is reverted to include other maps as well, as restrictions like this type of "fog of war" can unfortunately make alt accounts an even more powerful "shady tactic" for gathering intel. Everyone else who is a legit single account player gets kinda left in "the fog".

• Like 1

I was also in doubt a little about this, but after digging a little more, it seems that "contested swords" perhaps doesn't get reported by the API server like it used to (for example on the wvw map websites). Though, this may have changed years ago. I'm still uncertain, dont really want to sift through thousands of screenshots searching :)

EDIT: Found the FAQ on a wvw live map website specifying "Account API which will allow WvW ------- to verify the GW2 server you are on. Currently there is only one feature that takes advantage of this which allows you to send out a voice alert when an objective of yours comes under attack to anyone viewing your server's map."

As you see, it would alert when objectives came under attack, but this is not the case anymore, objectives just flip. So it has indeed been changed or currently bugged.

Edited by hugeboss.5432

5 hours ago, hugeboss.5432 said:

I was also in doubt a little about this, but after digging a little more, it seems that "contested swords" perhaps doesn't get reported by the API server like it used to (for example on the wvw map websites). Though, this may have changed years ago. I'm still uncertain, dont really want to sift through thousands of screenshots searching 🙂

EDIT: Found the FAQ on a wvw live map website specifying "Account API which will allow WvW ------- to verify the GW2 server you are on. Currently there is only one feature that takes advantage of this which allows you to send out a voice alert when an objective of yours comes under attack to anyone viewing your server's map."

As you see, it would alert when objectives came under attack, but this is not the case anymore, objectives just flip. So it has indeed been changed or currently bugged.

Ok so you meant for the website reporting?

Cause your first post mentioned nothing of that, and made it sound like the in game map.

You're better off asking about api in the api section of the forums https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/28-api-development/