Suggestion for WvW curerencies

With the introduction of the legendary armory (which i love), for many players there are no use for most of the WvW currencies anymore. With this in mind, i have three suggestions for additional uses for the 3 main currencies.

Grandmaster mark shards/tokens- Give exclusive armor and weapon skins that could be purchased with the grandmaster tokens. This could include other legendary armor as skins  once you have made a set. It would not require other currencies.

WvW Skill points- Once all skills have been mastered, allow additional skill points be used to 'purchase' bonuses. These bonuses would be simple ones such as Magic find, Karma, gold find, reward track bonus,  Daily mystic coin,, weekly mystic clover, or such. None of them would affect WvW in any way but does reward those that play it extensively

Skirmish tickets- Once one has made legendary armor, conflux, and the backpiece, there really isn't any use for skirmish tickets. I suggest allowing players to purchase  various items such as: Metabolic primers, utility primers, Communal bonfires, Heroic boosters, various material crafting bags (I-VI), teleport to friends, Black lion salvage kit, Mystic forge salvage kit, limited use or permanent Finishers, Armor and weapon skins, Minis, there is much more that could be added.

The list is not comprehensive, and can easily be changed. For myself, i'd like to see a continued use for these currencies.

Edited by Pagan Highlander.5948
  • Like 3

There are already heaps of skins, minis, tonics, and consumables available from vendors

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket

GM shards can be used with the tickets to get tons of unique/exclusive weapon and armor skins.  If you've already unlocked all legendary armor, mistforged hero, mistforged obsidian, obsidian, etc. weapon sets, you're massively farther along than most players.  However, the real problem with those items is the sheer amount of Memories of Battle included in every item that makes each one effectively cost 50+gold if you want to spend your accumulated tickets.  Even the "cheap" stuff like canned food crate needs a gold worth of memories for a 2nd tier food worth a silver on TP.  With tickets hard gated, the amount of soft gated Memories in vendor prices seriously need a pass.

A daily clover vendor similar to what Fractals has would make a lot of sense to chew up excess WvW currencies, but I think WvW skill points are unlikely to end up as a currency.  They're like PvE hero points, there's more than you need and that's ok.  I'd rather see extra tiers that leverage what's there already in the skills.  Another level that adds the actual level 80 food (or maybe even ascended feasts, gasp!) to the portable provisioner.

Every player that plays a lot of one part of the game will eventually run into the "problem" of formerly valuable currency that eventually only has very limited use any more. The game at this point has two options going forward:

• implement new uses for said currency that give what the player perceives as "value". This feels good for the player that has already exhausted most of the other uses of said currency, but at the same time widens the gap to players that haven't gotten enough currency to get everything (or most of the things) yet. In the long run adding new uses to keep up with the top end of player earning will put more and more of those rewards out of the reach of the masses that don't aquire currency at the same pace as the top-end earners.
  • buyable buffs are especially problematic here as the players that have mostly exhausted the use of once currency will now gain other currency at a higher speed than the average player on top of it. Average Joe has to choose whether to invest their testmonies of heroics (I guess those are what you mean by "wvw skill points?) into rounding out their character's skills or into gaining additional loot/karma/whatever, while the top end players can go full in on those extra buffs, putting them even further ahead
  • alternatively the game can go the route GW2 has gone so far: implement secondary sinks for the currency that are by design far less valuable than the primary use. You can use your testimonies of heroics on superior siege as well as account-bound runes, sigils and recipes, while skirmish tickets can buy infusions, tactics, trinkets, and more. Theoretically you can spend an unlimited supply of those currencies on wvw consumables, which is the equivalent to the piece of unidentified gear you can buy with most pve currencies once you have exhausted the more interesting options. It's not nearly as "valuable" as the initial options, but that's on purpose, to keep the top end from exponentially widening the gap between them and the average players.

I would be happy using surplus WvW currency to pay for a selection of NPC contracts, like the Pact Excavation, to help fill in some of the gaps in old collections that I'll have no chance to find enough people for to kick off events and all that. I'd use those currencies on gathering contracts also for materials I use a lot but that WvW doesn't pull in as much, like for the Ascended food I drop regularly. 

Mostly I'd like to use our surplus currency that likely wont be spent unless we get some serious additions in the future to help keep up with other parts of the game that WvW is totally detached from, so many people can only play one or the either mostly. 

I like the skill point idea a lot. Even if they limited the boosts to only wvw. 

I wish they'd add something else for the emblems you get too for capping and killing people. There was a thing going around saying they could add an npc that takes them for extra skirmish tickets. But nothing came from it yet. This could be a whole other amount of rewards too, not just more tickets. 

Wvw rewards just need a pass over in general. You look at the pvp pip rewards and then wvw... It's not even close bar the mystic coins. They get so much more gold etc.