Willbender is OP

Paradoxoglanis.1904

3 hours ago, Ezrael.6859 said:

Willbender gets destroyed in WvW compared to Core against good players and current roaming / smallscale meta specs.

It could use some work for smaller scale fights, but Shattered Aegis made it strong in the larger ones.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, cat.8975 said:

It could use some work for smaller scale fights, but Shattered Aegis made it strong in the larger ones.

It's absolutely too strong with Shattered Aegis and if left unchanged will ruin WvW, it needs to be nerfed before release or it'll be nerfed soon after when havoc groups of 10 Willbenders start diving into groups 3 times their size and wiping everyone with Mystic Rebuke + Whirling Wrath.

Better to nerf it now and instead make the spec and Virtues much more useable in far more scenarios and game modes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, cat.8975 said:

In which gamemodes? It's pretty weak in PvP, but it's definitely good in WvW/PvE and worth playing over core.

I mostly ran it on PvE. Tested it out in Raids with a more casual group since we were testing stuff out with beta characters and it was easily outperformed by FB/DH on that front. Core Guardian outperformed it on Open World Meta content. It was fun to mess around with its manoeuvrability but if we're talking overall trait synergy, I was able to do better with it using Core Guardian Specs. Tried it on Strikes as well but I switched to FB for support on some of the runs I did. Didn't try it with Fractals because ANet only gave us Exotic gear and I'm not feeling up for sending Ascended gear to a Beta character in case I forget things. 

25 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

I mostly ran it on PvE. Tested it out in Raids with a more casual group since we were testing stuff out with beta characters and it was easily outperformed by FB/DH on that front. Core Guardian outperformed it on Open World Meta content. It was fun to mess around with its manoeuvrability but if we're talking overall trait synergy, I was able to do better with it using Core Guardian Specs. Tried it on Strikes as well but I switched to FB for support on some of the runs I did. Didn't try it with Fractals because ANet only gave us Exotic gear and I'm not feeling up for sending Ascended gear to a Beta character in case I forget things. 

If you didn't have ascended gear in the bank beforehand, you'll be missing out on a fair chunk of dps in power builds (the weapons alone are a >5% increase). From benching, people were managing to do around ~1k higher than the existing DH builds, and while the hybrid build couldn't compete with FB, it still managed around ~34k. The extra mobility was heavily slept on by the playerbase, as more mobility = getting to the target faster = more dps uptime = faster clears.

I pugged CM+T4s 15 times during the beta on hybrid and had an absolute blast. I wished the damage was a little bit higher to compensate for the squishiness, but it was quite effective overall.

It was also pretty fun in open world, blinking from mob to mob and blowing them up. Those hydras didn't stand a chance.

Edited by cat.8975

On 8/22/2021 at 6:07 AM, Ezrael.6859 said:

It's absolutely too strong with Shattered Aegis and if left unchanged will ruin WvW, it needs to be nerfed before release or it'll be nerfed soon after when havoc groups of 10 Willbenders start diving into groups 3 times their size and wiping everyone with Mystic Rebuke + Whirling Wrath.

Better to nerf it now and instead make the spec and Virtues much more useable in far more scenarios and game modes.

A single Spellbreaker can completely shut down multiple WB's running the mystic rebuke build. No aegis, no damage. It's a high burst build relying on dive tactics that can be counter-played. It doesn't need nerfing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1