Mad Lab Guide Thing

I applaud the effort you put into making an image that only so many people are going to care about implementing. I'm not spending 40G on changing the gear on my Daredevil.

I just run around in my Chronomancer w/ Greatsword and pew pew everything within 1200 distance from me. I drop wells whenever I see the chance to AOE multiple dudes at once, and I make use of GS 3/4 for more multi-hits. I run around in Marauder gear w/ Pack Sigils so I can move quicker with the Boon Signet (almost constant swiftness), and Blink so I can get ahead of the pack if I fall behind.

"Use Magi gear", this is exactly why I find the entire design of the Lab to be horrible.Nerfing yourself so you don't deal too much damage shouldn't be how to play a game. They should remove a lot of the rewards from regular mobs and add extra rewards for killing the bosses and closing doors, with extra bonuses for doors that have veterans because those need some love compared to the others.Move the rewards to events and reduce the rewards on mindless farm, so players do not feel obligated to get new gear (lol) in order to farm in there.

@Halan.8951 said:Door tagging is great with a staff and wells reaper. And you can't be oneshot by labyrinthine horror.

What I don't understand, is how/why people just run and tag past normal mobs and don't wait for them to die and loot? Do they all have autoloot mastery ability?

Enemies always in a tight little spot unless knocked away by something. dual daggers if I did as a thief seem to work great in this situation.as for the autoloot thing, that's the 1st thing I aimed for as I'm tired of mashing F whenever I killed something.

"Magi's for survivability"? Really? Do people actually have any poblem with surviving in mad lab zergs? <.< Even moreso when you're spamming ranged weapons? I'm just using my regular DD pve equip and have no problems. Also you're getting swiftness from a dodge, so I don't see why you'd need Sigil of Speed on the bow? :p
"don't stop" is also pretty much covering the same area as DD dodge (unhindered combatant)?

I'm tempted to claim that I tried to minimise changes to my build because the time and gold it would cost would detract from what I could farm and therefore be counter-productive. (Especially in a year when I'm aiming NOT to spend every waking moment in the Lab.) But the truth is I couldn't be bothered. I like coming up with my own builds, but not to the point where I'm willing to rework a whole character for a seasonal event.

I'm using my ranger because she's my main character and the one I'm most familiar with, and I'm specifically joining squads that do all doors, because to me the boss fights break up the monotony. I get bored enough farming even with the variety, I couldn't stand just going round and round spamming skills on the normal enemies.

So I just made a few changes - using shortbow and axe/torch so I've got ranged attacks on both sets, CC for bosses on the bow and AoE/cleave on the other set for mob doors. I switched back to Druid from Soulbeast because I still don't feel like I've got the hang of playing Soulbeast and extra AoE healing comes in very useful, and I'm using Signet of the Hunt for a speed boost and Fire Trap for an additional quick rechange AoE. But I'm using the same armour and trinkets I always do (mix of rabid and sinister).

@Halan.8951 said:Door tagging is great with a staff and wells reaper. And you can't be oneshot by labyrinthine horror.

What I don't understand, is how/why people just run and tag past normal mobs and don't wait for them to die and loot? Do they all have autoloot mastery ability?

They probably do all have the autoloot mastery. A lot of people managed to train all the masteries within a few weeks of HoT being released, and quite a few more prioritised that one.

Well... i too use some magi gear in the lab as well, but on staff ele. Not because i have trouble with my survivability there but to tune down my dmg while running with groups. It is not the point to one-hit everything there with my super-dmg-gear + build. Because i think everyone wants loot and should be able to tag as many foes as possible. The foes die so fast anyway.. But it depends on the map you are on. Some commander skipp bosses (there is best imo to run low-dmg) other do all doors (in this case a mix would work best)

I'm relatively sure most players have that mastery unlocked. I know that out of a guild of 400 people, well over half of them have it unlocked, probably closer to 75%.

The biggest reason I wanted Magi was to nerf my own damage and make it easier to spam and not worry that people behind me won't get anything. Might as well put that gear towards more surivability.

As for the 33g I spent, I always go by "spend money to make money". 33g is around 3 stacks of ToT bags if you wait long enough to sell.

I knew this wasn't going to be for a lot of people, but this made my farming so easy this year, I wanted to help people who seemed to be dying a lot/having trouble keeping up with the zerg. I saw, in every instance I was farming, atleast five or so people like that... even with super easy bosses like Steve.

Archived