Why does Anet not dedicate more to PVP?

@rwolf.9571 said:Uh, it did... Do you remember GW2 in ESL? no? there you go.

What? i played in ESL cups.. but ever since ESL left... theres no light in the tunnel. And i didn't mean ESL being the marketing tool.. I mean they need to come up with more gamemodes, hire a real balance team just for pvp, and give us a freaking PvP Lobby that doesnt look like a shit in a toilet.

Balance will never be, Unless they fund it like Blizzard does.

hehe I see you haven't been on WoW since 2010, I've got some news for you - that place has no balance either. They just nerf people left right and center without actually addressing the issue EVER haha

at least anet EVENTUALLY nerfs something. Eventually. Like a month after release. Yeah.

Sometimes it feels like Anet is not believing anymore in this mode, and communication with playerbase has been cut off. Yet many people still believe in it, and continue to give feedback. But at this point it seems there is some disbelief between both sides. I think players should keep on giving positive and constructive feedback, and Anet should start to communicate again. What makes a great game and great community is when players and developpers walk alongside to give everyone a fun and enjoyable experience. No matter the flaws, imbalances, be it esport or not, as long as there is passion and communication in the game, people will follow and game will live. Same as love. It can't be a one way thing. There must be reciprocity and sharing.

There are so many good things in this game, there is still many people that don't want it go to waste.

gw2 has always been a pve focused game with the option to play wvw and pvp , they like there pve roll players who spend money in the gem store buying old living story seasons and skins

there is no money in wvw and pvp for them, they need to spend resources on balancing when they would rather be selling u a foraging tool with a skin on it for 1000 gems or a 2 week sanctuary pass

they could possibly profit off wvw if they made skins for siege weapons and allowed guilds to use themed skins for castles but the amount of resources VS revenue flow is probably not there,,, so they will continue to balance once every decade like they have been doing ,,

personally I would like to see them balance more often but I don't see that happening anytime soon unless they find a way to profit off the competitive game modes

The short answer: PvP'ers don't buy a lot of gems.

Also, ANET has had a lot of people working for the past couple of years on the super secret PoF launch. That brings cash to the company. I strongly suspect that most of the resources have been dedicated to that.Personally I see that as counterproductive. I never bought PoF for my alt account, because I expected Mesmer to get an underpowered spec. PvP has spiraled because it has been ignored.

On ways of Anet making money from sPvP;

ReskinWars2skin packs that make the enemy/friendly team look like something else. For example: army of the undead, mythological beasts, high fantasy, busty babes, gundams, etc, etc.

Theme packs for the maps in way of superficial set and prop dressing.

Actually that was it.

they could monetize pvp more with new finishers on gem store. they could also sell victory posses for the end match sequence.

also, they need a pvp team that has full control over how they can balance pvp without having to coordinate first with the pve team.

They actually tried PvP as a marketing brand, but that is where they stayed.. it was only marketing/propaganda.

They stated that to balance the game they had to change pve skills as well... wich would make the game probably devianate from what game was suposed to be for players.

We had random arena, heroe's ascent, gvg, alliance battle, fort aspwnwood and jade quarry in gw1.

After 5 years of gw2 we still only have conquest and a failed stronghold mod that never got fixed or reworked. That esl crap was a waste of time... we need more fun gamemods and not only tryhard ranked conquest.

@brannigan.9831 said:It doenst make them money.

I think it could tho, even more than PvE. Right now MMOs are struggling in general. Its the age of competitive video games, even if a game isn't esport but has a solid competitive scene, it will attract a much bigger crowd than mindless PvE shenanigans that every roleplaying game in the universe has.

Archived