Mirage Thrust is 800 Range

SteepledHat.1345

Just because the thrust leap lands the Mirage within 100, doesn't mean its effective range is 800. I've had many sword ambush thrusts that doesn't connect even though I've almost shot past my target. The leap animation does bring the Mirage pretty far but I don't think the actual hitting range is that full distance, even if the momentum carries it as you say to 800

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:This is functionality common to all leap and projectile skills in the game, called ranged fuzzing by the devs. Basically all skills that involve movement of a sort have some fuzzing at maximum range to allow for a bit of server uncertainty as I understand.

I suspected this was the case, but was never sure. Thanks for explaining it

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:Even if a Mirage has less mobility than an acro staff dd they do more damage while being mobile. Gotta love Mirage Cloak.

More damage? You are funny. I suppose that's why there's so many more mirages than daredevil in ranked spvp.

Thats because teefs got tired of being oneshotted by full counters that they didnt even trigger.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:Even if a Mirage has less mobility than an acro staff dd they do more damage while being mobile. Gotta love Mirage Cloak.

More damage? You are funny. I suppose that's why there's so many more mirages than daredevil in ranked spvp.

"While being mobile", no? When a DD dodges they can't do anything meanwhile Mirage can attack when dodging, or in other words being mobile.

@Abelisk.4527 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

"While being mobile", no? When a DD dodges they can't do anything meanwhile Mirage can attack when dodging, or in other words being mobile.

Counterpoint: when a Daredevil dodges, they actually go somewhere.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

Counterpoint: when a Daredevil dodges, they actually go somewhere.

Gave ya a thumbs up for making me chuckle.

Counter-counterpoint: Superspeed on dodge allows the Mirage to go somewhere when dodging, too. They just have the option not to.

@Abelisk.4527 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

Lol wut? Lets compare DD doges to a 1sec mirage cloak. DD can choose to either:

• Inflict bleeding, torment, and cripple to 3 enemies in range, while also being a whirl finisher, and then granting you 10% bonus condition damage for 4 seconds
  • Travel 450 units (farther than we can go with superspeed in 1 sec), while also applying swiftness and removing all movement impairing conditions, then also decreasing the damage you take by 10% for 4 seconds
  • Deal moderate power damage to 5 enemies when you dodge, on top of getting 10% bonus damage for 4s afterwards

All of this on top of having 50 extra endurance and a crapton of endurance regen in the DD line. 1sec mirage cloak is nowhere near that good.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Mayama.1854 said:One of the coolest things about mirage is that it is more mobile in combat than a daredevil.

No way. Not even close to an acrobatics staff daredevil.

Lets see my power mirage has:

All dodges give superspeed and I have almost perma vigor, I can use every dodge to jump 600 units with sword1.2 base dodges,50% endurance one weaponswap = 1 dodgedodge on heal

On top of that I have some ports.600 unit port on sword 31200 unit portThree 450 unit portsone 1200 unit shadow step that gives me a dodge which also gives me a 600 unit jump with sword.

Those dodges and the three jaunt ports do also really good damage.I have yet to see a thief escape or catch me while we are both in combat.

I'm pretty sure Mirage Cloak wasn't designed to contain a pre-packaged effect such as Lotus Training etc. Why do you think Jaunt exists? To move around while dodging. Why do you think Mirage Thrust exists? It is available only while dodging, hence why it is a 'mobile dodge'.

I'm not wrong with the fact you can still cast literally anything while dodging

Archived