it's me or every f1

jsp.6912

are full garbage ?eviscerate low damagef1 mace no comment (my hope is they rework it like a f1 mace berserk but just power damage)f1 sword badhammerstun trash tier

just f1 dagger is good and gs is decent

what do you think about it

Gs f1 can be good damage, as do most of warrior damaging skills, issue was the design and playstyle of warrior regardless of spec is designed around ccing with damage then following up with the 100 blades than f1 or whatever weapon set ur running and with the loss of dps on cc AND the follow up skills war now not only got half its burst dps removed on cc its follow up skills lost a lot of dps as well so after big patch all warrior bursts were hit way harder then most of the other rosters burst rotations.Warrior also got nailed hard as a class that's main sustain strategy was dependent on might AND healing values more so then other classes and again the devs hit both hard.I think war being so heavily a melee oriented class as it should be is why its weapon sets and bursts relied so heavily on hard cc to land its bursts.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:berserker f1s are even worse

And so is its
sustain
, makes sense.

Watch your mouth using them kind of words in the warrior forums, want me to wash your mouth out with soap :angry:

Haha when I was a kid and my mother used that tactic on me I figured I'd out smart her with reverse psychology and was like mom that's actually pretty good, didn't work so well lol

MH Axe Eviscerate damage isn't that bad.. plus it can be used as a heal and an immob break with the right traits.. and it's a leap finisher.A stage 1 Eviscerate does almost as much base damage as Arcing Slice's with the under 50% hp bonus.Eviscerate: Stage 1, base damage 734, Stage 2: base damage 917, Stage 3: base damage 1,100.Arcing Slice: base damage 532, enemy under 50%: 799Only way Arcing Slice beats Eviscerate is that Arcing Slice is a 5 target AoE and Eviscerate is Single Target only.

MH Mace Skull Crack isn't terrible either, damage is on the sucky side true but it's a 3 second Daze with full adrenaline, that's good CC.Combine with Mace 5, 3 seconds of Knockdown and Mace 3 1 second daze and it's pretty obvious this weapon is supposed to be heavy CC and it does that job very well imo.Hell Mace 4 got upgraded in the last patch to be able to hit 20 stacks of Vun in a single blow, that's nothing to scoff at either, and of course it's also a heal if your running might healing.Knockdown 3 foes with Mace 5 and hit all 3 of them with Mace 4 and that's 20 vun on all 3 of them plus 18 might for you.

MH Sword Flurry, Well it hits harder than Arcing Slice, 729 base damage if all 9 hits land which shouldn't be difficult since it also immobalizes foes as well.Applies another 792 Bleeding damage and hit's upto 3 targets.. best use with quickness.I wouldn't call this skill garbage, I use it quite a lot myself.MH Sword isn't as bad weapon as some make it out to be, it's got mobility on 2 which can be upgraded to an immob break, plus it can cripple and immob giving you extra damage as well if you have the right traits.Plus Sword 3 is a nice hard single hit cleave skill as well.

I got nothing on Longbow or Hammer though, those are Two weapons on Warrior I have rarely ever used.. and i've never used MH Dagger either.Overall though I found it quite funny that GS F1 was praised despite it being one of the weaker F1 skills, as I said it's biggest benefit is it's 5 target AoE, without that it would be complete trash.

@Teratus.2859 said:MH Axe Eviscerate damage isn't that bad.. plus it can be used as a heal and an immob break with the right traits.. and it's a leap finisher.A stage 1 Eviscerate does almost as much base damage as Arcing Slice's with the under 50% hp bonus.Eviscerate: Stage 1, base damage 734, Stage 2: base damage 917, Stage 3: base damage 1,100.Arcing Slice: base damage 532, enemy under 50%: 799Only way Arcing Slice beats Eviscerate is that Arcing Slice is a 5 target AoE and Eviscerate is Single Target only.

MH Mace Skull Crack isn't terrible either, damage is on the sucky side true but it's a 3 second Daze with full adrenaline, that's good CC.It can be 4.75s stun with the Sundering Mace and Savagery/Paralyzation (choose your game mode).Combine with Mace 5, 3 seconds of Knockdown and Mace 3 1 second daze and it's pretty obvious this weapon is supposed to be heavy CC and it does that job very well imo.Mace/Mace, that's 4.75s stun, 3.5s knockdown, and 1.25s daze. Not to mention that with even without Verstile Power Mace F1 is off CD before that the knockdown finishes. Take Merciless Hammer and Burst Mastery you have enough Adrenaline to stun/knock lock someone whose blown their stunbreaks and stab. You even have time to swap to a DPS set.Hell Mace 4 got upgraded in the last patch to be able to hit 20 stacks of Vun in a single blow, that's nothing to scoff at either, and of course it's also a heal if your running might healing.I think they need to reduce the cast time to make it really usable though. Like 1/4s cast. I feel that it needs to be a twitch skill.Knockdown 3 foes with Mace 5 and hit all 3 of them with Mace 4 and that's 20 vun on all 3 of them plus 18 might for you.True story, but can X/Mace capitalize on it though since Mace 5 does no damage anymore?MH Sword Flurry, Well it hits harder than Arcing Slice, 729 base damage if all 9 hits land which shouldn't be difficult since it also immobalizes foes as well.And if they crit and you have FGS then you get more healing right?Applies another 792 Bleeding damage and hit's upto 3 targets.. best use with quickness.I wouldn't call this skill garbage, I use it quite a lot myself.MH Sword isn't as bad weapon as some make it out to be, it's got mobility on 2 which can be upgraded to an immob break, plus it can cripple and immob giving you extra damage as well if you have the right traits.Plus Sword 3 is a nice hard single hit cleave skill as well.I'm getting the feeling that you have Sword/Mace up now...I got nothing on Longbow or Hammer though, those are Two weapons on Warrior I have rarely ever used.. and i've never used MH Dagger either.Overall though I found it quite funny that GS F1 was praised despite it being one of the weaker F1 skills, as I said it's biggest benefit is it's 5 target AoE, without that it would be complete trash.The main benefit of GS F1 is that it functions the same on Spellbreaker and Core. You'll always get the same damage, which makes it versatile for any build.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:MH Axe Eviscerate damage isn't that bad.. plus it can be used as a heal and an immob break with the right traits.. and it's a leap finisher.A stage 1 Eviscerate does almost as much base damage as Arcing Slice's with the under 50% hp bonus.Eviscerate: Stage 1, base damage 734, Stage 2: base damage 917, Stage 3: base damage 1,100.Arcing Slice: base damage 532, enemy under 50%: 799Only way Arcing Slice beats Eviscerate is that Arcing Slice is a 5 target AoE and Eviscerate is Single Target only.

MH Mace Skull Crack isn't terrible either, damage is on the sucky side true but it's a 3 second Daze with full adrenaline, that's good CC.It can be 4.75s stun with the Sundering Mace and Savagery/Paralyzation (choose your game mode).Combine with Mace 5, 3 seconds of Knockdown and Mace 3 1 second daze and it's pretty obvious this weapon is supposed to be heavy CC and it does that job very well imo.Mace/Mace, that's 4.75s stun, 3.5s knockdown, and 1.25s daze. Not to mention that with even without Verstile Power Mace F1 is off CD before that the knockdown finishes. Take Merciless Hammer and Burst Mastery you have enough Adrenaline to stun/knock lock someone whose blown their stunbreaks and stab. You even have time to swap to a DPS set.

Aye if you build into the CC like that it can be a brutal for stunlocking stuff and leaving them open for a DPS strike.Great to combo into Hundred Blades.

Hell Mace 4 got upgraded in the last patch to be able to hit 20 stacks of Vun in a single blow, that's nothing to scoff at either, and of course it's also a heal if your running might healing.I think they need to reduce the cast time to make it really usable though. Like 1/4s cast. I feel that it needs to be a twitch skill.

I agree, though it's not too bad if your running duel wielding which is something I always run on Mace to cover the slow attack speed.Not sure how fast the cast time is with that trait though, havent done the math.

Knockdown 3 foes with Mace 5 and hit all 3 of them with Mace 4 and that's 20 vun on all 3 of them plus 18 might for you.True story, but can X/Mace capitalize on it though since Mace 5 does no damage anymore?

Still does damage in PvE but I get where you're coming from.Really depends on your build I guess, I don't Warrior in PvP/WvW myself so I've got not real opinion on it there.

MH Sword Flurry, Well it hits harder than Arcing Slice, 729 base damage if all 9 hits land which shouldn't be difficult since it also immobalizes foes as well.And if they crit and you have FGS then you get more healing right?

Believe so, pretty sure it counts per hit but only 50% chance on crit for MH Sword.

Applies another 792 Bleeding damage and hit's upto 3 targets.. best use with quickness.I wouldn't call this skill garbage, I use it quite a lot myself.MH Sword isn't as bad weapon as some make it out to be, it's got mobility on 2 which can be upgraded to an immob break, plus it can cripple and immob giving you extra damage as well if you have the right traits.Plus Sword 3 is a nice hard single hit cleave skill as well.I'm getting the feeling that you have Sword/Mace up now...

Nah haha, I have two different characters running these various weapons.One is a Axe/Dagger and Sword/Axe Spellbreaker focused on high crits and sustain the other is a Mace/Mace and Greatsword core Warrior focused on that stunlocking Hundredblades combo I mentioned above.

I've never used Sword Mace together before though it could be an interesting combo to try if I can think up a decent build to use it on.Mace 5, Mace 4, Flurry then Final Thrust could be pretty nasty combo against 3 targets.

I got nothing on Longbow or Hammer though, those are Two weapons on Warrior I have rarely ever used.. and i've never used MH Dagger either.Overall though I found it quite funny that GS F1 was praised despite it being one of the weaker F1 skills, as I said it's biggest benefit is it's 5 target AoE, without that it would be complete trash.The main benefit of GS F1 is that it functions the same on Spellbreaker and Core. You'll always get the same damage, which makes it versatile for any build.

Don't all F1's function the same on Spellbreaker? I've noticed no difference with Eviserate and Flurry on my Spellbreaker build.Aside from the teather that gives me more might and healing ^^

@Teratus.2859 said:

MH Mace Skull Crack isn't terrible either, damage is on the sucky side true but it's a 3 second Daze with full adrenaline, that's good CC.It can be 4.75s stun with the Sundering Mace and Savagery/Paralyzation (choose your game mode).Combine with Mace 5, 3 seconds of Knockdown and Mace 3 1 second daze and it's pretty obvious this weapon is supposed to be heavy CC and it does that job very well imo.Mace/Mace, that's 4.75s stun, 3.5s knockdown, and 1.25s daze. Not to mention that with even without Verstile Power Mace F1 is off CD before that the knockdown finishes. Take Merciless Hammer and Burst Mastery you have enough Adrenaline to stun/knock lock someone whose blown their stunbreaks and stab. You even have time to swap to a DPS set.

Aye if you build into the CC like that it can be a brutal for stunlocking stuff and leaving them open for a DPS strike.Great to combo into Hundred Blades.

Hell Mace 4 got upgraded in the last patch to be able to hit 20 stacks of Vun in a single blow, that's nothing to scoff at either, and of course it's also a heal if your running might healing.I think they need to reduce the cast time to make it really usable though. Like 1/4s cast. I feel that it needs to be a twitch skill.

I agree, though it's not too bad if your running duel wielding which is something I always run on Mace to cover the slow attack speed.Not sure how fast the cast time is with that trait though, havent done the math.

Knockdown 3 foes with Mace 5 and hit all 3 of them with Mace 4 and that's 20 vun on all 3 of them plus 18 might for you.True story, but can X/Mace capitalize on it though since Mace 5 does no damage anymore?

Still does damage in PvE but I get where you're coming from.Really depends on your build I guess, I don't Warrior in PvP/WvW myself so I've got not real opinion on it there.

MH Sword Flurry, Well it hits harder than Arcing Slice, 729 base damage if all 9 hits land which shouldn't be difficult since it also immobalizes foes as well.And if they crit and you have FGS then you get more healing right?

Believe so, pretty sure it counts per hit but only 50% chance on crit for MH Sword.

Applies another 792 Bleeding damage and hit's upto 3 targets.. best use with quickness.I wouldn't call this skill garbage, I use it quite a lot myself.MH Sword isn't as bad weapon as some make it out to be, it's got mobility on 2 which can be upgraded to an immob break, plus it can cripple and immob giving you extra damage as well if you have the right traits.Plus Sword 3 is a nice hard single hit cleave skill as well.I'm getting the feeling that you have Sword/Mace up now...

Nah haha, I have two different characters running these various weapons.One is a Axe/Dagger and Sword/Axe Spellbreaker focused on high crits and sustain the other is a Mace/Mace and Greatsword core Warrior focused on that stunlocking Hundredblades combo I mentioned above.

I've never used Sword Mace together before though it could be an interesting combo to try if I can think up a decent build to use it on.Mace 5, Mace 4, Flurry then Final Thrust could be pretty nasty combo against 3 targets.

I got nothing on Longbow or Hammer though, those are Two weapons on Warrior I have rarely ever used.. and i've never used MH Dagger either.Overall though I found it quite funny that GS F1 was praised despite it being one of the weaker F1 skills, as I said it's biggest benefit is it's 5 target AoE, without that it would be complete trash.The main benefit of GS F1 is that it functions the same on Spellbreaker and Core. You'll always get the same damage, which makes it versatile for any build.

Don't all F1's function the same on Spellbreaker? I've noticed no difference with Eviserate and Flurry on my Spellbreaker build.Aside from the teather that gives me more might and healing ^^

They are all T1 bursts, but not all burst scale in damage per tier. Greatsword and sword F1 damage don't scale.

They are all T1 bursts, but not all burst scale in damage per tier. Greatsword and sword F1 damage don't scale.

Ahh I see that's what you were referring to, now I get what you mean ^^

Yeah GS only gets better fury duration with higher adrenaline.. kinda pointless though since Fury is so easy to manage on Warrior anyway.Flurry gets longer Immob but no damage buff, Same thing on Mace and Hammer.. longer stuns but not bonus damage.

@Teratus.2859 said:

Yeah GS only gets better fury duration with higher adrenaline.. kinda pointless though since Fury is so easy to manage on Warrior anyway.Flurry gets longer Immob but no damage buff, Same thing on Mace and Hammer.. longer stuns but not bonus damage.

Well, Flurry gets 1 extra strike and 1 extra bleed per tier going from 9-11 the tool tip is just janky. Still 9 hits and 9 bleeds versus 11 hits and 11 bleeds is not much of a difference. That said though a T3 Flurry now has a higher coefficient than Arcing Slice or a T3 Eviscerate :scream: and still bleeds the target and immobs them (in competitive mods at least).

Its hilarious that they never nerfed Flurry power damage in February :lol: so now we have a CONDI weapon whose burst at T1 deals as much or more damage than our two iconic power weapons without any condi investment. Still, its Flurry, its a slowish channel that self roots you, I guess that is why the left the power damage alone on it.

Well, Flurry gets 1 extra strike and 1 extra bleed per tier going from 9-11 the tool tip is just janky. Still 9 hits and 9 bleeds versus 11 hits and 11 bleeds is not much of a difference. That said though a T3 Flurry now has a higher coefficient than Arcing Slice or a T3 Eviscerate :scream: and still bleeds the target and immobs them (in competitive mods at least).

Its hilarious that they never nerfed Flurry power damage in February :lol: so now we have a CONDI weapon whose burst at T1 deals as much or more damage than our two iconic power weapons without any condi investment. Still, its Flurry, its a slowish channel that self roots you, I guess that is why the left the power damage alone on it.

Could be, although I dunno if I would call MH Sword a condi weapon these days.. it's got pretty decent power damage as well as Final Thrust which makes it more of a solid hybrid weapon rather than a condi one.I don't particularly mind this myself, I like hybrid builds.

The Spellbreaker build im running Sword/Axe on does ok damage in PvE despite very little condition damage investment, Might helps buff the bleeds quite a bit so it gets some decent bleed damage out of it at the expense of some crit chance.The Axe/Dagger is the main set though, does the most constant damage, 99% crit chance and tons of might gen.. so lots of healing from might and crits thanks to Might Makes Right and Sun and Moon style.The Sword/Axe is more about a burst of damage with Flurry, Final Thrust and Whirling Axe, can grab some quickness from Duel Strike and then auto some bleeds until I can switch back to Axe/Dagger.It's worked out pretty well for me so far, but it lacks CC.

@Teratus.2859 said:

Could be, although I dunno if I would call MH Sword a condi weapon these days.. it's got pretty decent power damage as well as Final Thrust which makes it more of a solid hybrid weapon rather than a condi one.I don't particularly mind this myself, I like hybrid builds.

The Spellbreaker build im running Sword/Axe on does ok damage in PvE despite very little condition damage investment, Might helps buff the bleeds quite a bit so it gets some decent bleed damage out of it at the expense of some crit chance.The Axe/Dagger is the main set though, does the most constant damage, 99% crit chance and tons of might gen.. so lots of healing from might and crits thanks to Might Makes Right and Sun and Moon style.The Sword/Axe is more about a burst of damage with Flurry, Final Thrust and Whirling Axe, can grab some quickness from Duel Strike and then auto some bleeds until I can switch back to Axe/Dagger.It's worked out pretty well for me so far, but it lacks CC.

Well, I usually refer to it as it is, a Hybrid weapon, but for once I called it out for its typical usage, condi. It can be used as a power weapon certainly and Final Thrust will ruin someone's day with a power build.

Try Bull's Charge + Sigil of Celerity with Sword/Axe. Bull's Charge straight into Axe 5 with quickness from the sigil then use Flurry although in PvE things are dead by the time Whirling Axe is done.

MH Mace Skull Crack isn't terrible either, damage is on the sucky side true but it's a 3 second Daze with full adrenaline, that's good CC.Combine with Mace 5, 3 seconds of Knockdown and Mace 3 1 second daze and it's pretty obvious this weapon is supposed to be heavy CC and it does that job very well imo.Hell Mace 4 got upgraded in the last patch to be able to hit 20 stacks of Vun in a single blow, that's nothing to scoff at either, and of course it's also a heal if your running might healing.Knockdown 3 foes with Mace 5 and hit all 3 of them with Mace 4 and that's 20 vun on all 3 of them plus 18 might for you.

MH Sword Flurry, Well it hits harder than Arcing Slice, 729 base damage if all 9 hits land which shouldn't be difficult since it also immobalizes foes as well.Applies another 792 Bleeding damage and hit's upto 3 targets.. best use with quickness.I wouldn't call this skill garbage, I use it quite a lot myself.MH Sword isn't as bad weapon as some make it out to be, it's got mobility on 2 which can be upgraded to an immob break, plus it can cripple and immob giving you extra damage as well if you have the right traits.Plus Sword 3 is a nice hard single hit cleave skill as well.

I got nothing on Longbow or Hammer though, those are Two weapons on Warrior I have rarely ever used.. and i've never used MH Dagger either.Overall though I found it quite funny that GS F1 was praised despite it being one of the weaker F1 skills, as I said it's biggest benefit is it's 5 target AoE, without that it would be complete trash.

And here you see a pve player trying to sell wvw/pvp players garbage weapons. (hint: in pve they dont suck as much as in pvp/wvw and in pve you look for other things in a skill)

On a sidenote, last time i checked you had better dps with mainhand autohit chain without using its burst, which says alot about the state of burst skills.

@RedShark.9548 said:

And here you see a pve player trying to sell wvw/pvp players garbage weapons. (hint: in pve they dont suck as much as in pvp/wvw and in pve you look for other things in a skill)

On a sidenote, last time i checked you had better dps with mainhand autohit chain without using its burst, which says alot about the state of burst skills.

And what other things should I look for in a skill? and don't say DPS lolHard CC is a very useful mechanic in PvE, and combat mobility through leaps etc is also useful when you want to cut through tons of trash mobs like a blender.

@Teratus.2859 said:

And what other things should I look for in a skill? and don't say DPS lolHard CC is a very useful mechanic in PvE, and combat mobility through leaps etc is also useful when you want to cut through tons of trash mobs like a blender.

Thats why i said sidenote, that was a pve fact.In open world you can play whatever you want, but in raids you sure as hell want to max out dps. Sorry, but thats how it is. (i know breakbars and healers exist btw, but generally speaking dps is where its at in pve)

And my bad, i wanted to say mainhand axe autochain has more dps than bringing evis into the mix, and evis is a straight up dmg burst skill.

The fact alone that you didnt think that f1 greatsword was one of the best burst skills (which every pvp/wvw player with experience would tell you) shows that you are looking for different things for your pve warrior than i do for the other modes.

Sword f1 dmg in outside of pve is utterly unsatisfying, the only good thing is the immob (which doesnt even hit alot of the times), after immobalizing it gets cancelled by the player to do something else, because youbare an easy target while slashing that sword for half an hour for mediocre dmg.

Evis in pvp is just a sad thing to see, so easy to dodge/blind/block without a good payoff.

Mace deals no dmg, the burst is hard to land and many stunbreaks are still a thing.

Sword only deals good dmg with final thrust, but good luck getting your opponent under 50% when they are constantly trying to avoid your dmg and heal alot more than pve mobs.

Hammer is still fun in wvw zerging, because out of 5 ppl atleast someone wont see you coming, in 1v1 hammer is way too slow to hit a good opponent and the dmg is just sad.

Rifle is way too telegraphed (pve mobs dont care about stuff like that, they just eat it most of the time, if you know their pattern)

Dagger burst is good.

Longbow is for condi, and actually works cleansing ire without hitting a target.

In pvp and wvw its also relevant how quick your attacks come out to not give your opponent time to react, which in pve isnt that much of a problem.

You also seem to forget that pve uses other coefficients than the other 2 modes.Critting for 20dmg with a level 3 burst is the saddest thing.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Thats why i said sidenote, that was a pve fact.In open world you can play whatever you want, but in raids you sure as hell want to max out dps. Sorry, but thats how it is. (i know breakbars and healers exist btw, but generally speaking dps is where its at in pve)

I would argue you're merging PvE and Raids together too much there.I agree with you on the DPS raids thing, in fact that's one reason why I don't raid and why I don't like the raid community's absolutist attitude towards raiding.You have to play this way, you have to use this build etc.. Nah, I don't and it's not essential to succeed either.I want to have fun in raids but most people just want to win as fast as possible.. so I and many, many others just don't bother playing there.

They can have their game mode and make their demands that everyone cater to their way of playing it and deal with the consequences of a low population because of all the players they've excluded from it.It's not my problem if that happens and if raids die off which from what I see and read is apparently happening then that's ultimately their fault, nobody elses.

And my bad, i wanted to say mainhand axe autochain has more dps than bringing evis into the mix, and evis is a straight up dmg burst skill.

It does, but Evis is a leap/finisher and it can trigger other traits so it's not entirely useless.Axe Auto is melee as well so it has short range, if an enemy gets away from you or you swap to a target that is out of your auto's Range Evis can be used to close that gap quicker than running and without needing to weapon swap or use a utility to do the same thing.

The fact alone that you didnt think that f1 greatsword was one of the best burst skills (which every pvp/wvw player with experience would tell you) shows that you are looking for different things for your pve warrior than i do for the other modes.

I do use Greatsword on some builds as I mentioned in other posts.I said it was one of the weaker F1's in terms of damage which is true in single 1v1 combat against both players and NPC'sI also said it was far better against groups since it can hit multiple targets which again is technically true.

But you're not wrong, I make my own builds rather than follow the Meta's like many people do.

My first comment regarding the raids will probably show that I don't like being told there is only X number of ways to play this game and be successful..I find that kind of mindset to be very narrow minded and untrue.There's more to this game than getting the biggest numbers when you hit stuff, i've always believed that and I think i've made enough decent PvE builds over the years to prove it to myself.

Sword f1 dmg in outside of pve is utterly unsatisfying, the only good thing is the immob (which doesnt even hit alot of the times), after immobalizing it gets cancelled by the player to do something else, because youbare an easy target while slashing that sword for half an hour for mediocre dmg.

I don't use Sword outside of PvE so I have no comment on that.But I have seen competitive builds that use it in combination with OHDagger and D4, S3 can be a pretty nasty quick damage combo.

Evis in pvp is just a sad thing to see, so easy to dodge/blind/block without a good payoff.

Mace deals no dmg, the burst is hard to land and many stunbreaks are still a thing.

Sword only deals good dmg with final thrust, but good luck getting your opponent under 50% when they are constantly trying to avoid your dmg and heal alot more than pve mobs.Hammer is still fun in wvw zerging, because out of 5 ppl atleast someone wont see you coming, in 1v1 hammer is way too slow to hit a good opponent and the dmg is just sad.

Rifle is way too telegraphed (pve mobs dont care about stuff like that, they just eat it most of the time, if you know their pattern)

Dagger burst is good.

Longbow is for condi, and actually works cleansing ire without hitting a target.

In pvp and wvw its also relevant how quick your attacks come out to not give your opponent time to react, which in pve isnt that much of a problem.

You also seem to forget that pve uses other coefficients than the other 2 modes.Critting for 20dmg with a level 3 burst is the saddest thing.

Seems you're arguing almost entirely from a PvP/WvW standpoint which is fine and makes your points better to understand.Though my posts have been coming from a PvE stance more than anything.

Things work differently in PvP and of course players are far smarter than NPC's.. i'm very much pro skill splitting between PvE and competitive modes to make up for these differences and I agree that a lot of skills across a lot of classes vary in use drastically between these modes.Personally i'd rather have all skills be useful in all modes and balanced accordingly for those different modes.Even if that means they function quite differently in each game mode, this would not bother me at all.

I don't care for or like the idea that X weapon is a PvP weapon and Y weapon is a PvE one.. They should all be viable everywhere in Gw2, same goes for utilities and traits too.

@Teratus.2859 said:

I would argue you're merging PvE and Raids together too much there.I agree with you on the DPS raids thing, in fact that's one reason why I don't raid and why I don't like the raid community's absolutist attitude towards raiding.You have to play this way, you have to use this build etc.. Nah, I don't and it's not essential to succeed either.I want to have fun in raids but most people just want to win as fast as possible.. so I and many, many others just don't bother playing there.

They can have their game mode and make their demands that everyone cater to their way of playing it and deal with the consequences of a low population because of all the players they've excluded from it.It's not my problem if that happens and if raids die off which from what I see and read is apparently happening then that's ultimately their fault, nobody elses.

It does, but Evis is a leap/finisher and it can trigger other traits so it's not entirely useless.Axe Auto is melee as well so it has short range, if an enemy gets away from you or you swap to a target that is out of your auto's Range Evis can be used to close that gap quicker than running and without needing to weapon swap or use a utility to do the same thing.

I do use Greatsword on some builds as I mentioned in other posts.I said it was one of the weaker F1's in terms of damage which is true in single 1v1 combat against both players and NPC'sI also said it was far better against groups since it can hit multiple targets which again is technically true.

But you're not wrong, I make my own builds rather than follow the Meta's like many people do.

My first comment regarding the raids will probably show that I don't like being told there is only X number of ways to play this game and be successful..I find that kind of mindset to be very narrow minded and untrue.There's more to this game than getting the biggest numbers when you hit stuff, i've always believed that and I think i've made enough decent PvE builds over the years to prove it to myself.

I don't use Sword outside of PvE so I have no comment on that.But I have seen competitive builds that use it in combination with OHDagger and D4, S3 can be a pretty nasty quick damage combo.

Sword only deals good dmg with final thrust, but good luck getting your opponent under 50% when they are constantly trying to avoid your dmg and heal alot more than pve mobs.Hammer is still fun in wvw zerging, because out of 5 ppl atleast someone wont see you coming, in 1v1 hammer is way too slow to hit a good opponent and the dmg is just sad.

Dagger burst is good.

Seems you're arguing almost entirely from a PvP/WvW standpoint which is fine and makes your points better to understand.Though my posts have been coming from a PvE stance more than anything.

Things work differently in PvP and of course players are far smarter than NPC's.. i'm very much pro skill splitting between PvE and competitive modes to make up for these differences and I agree that a lot of skills across a lot of classes vary in use drastically between these modes.Personally i'd rather have all skills be useful in all modes and balanced accordingly for those different modes.Even if that means they function quite differently in each game mode, this would not bother me at all.

I don't care for or like the idea that X weapon is a PvP weapon and Y weapon is a PvE one.. They should all be viable everywhere in Gw2, same goes for utilities and traits too.

I know that you are arguing from a pve standpoint, that was my whole first post, that you as a pve player were trying to sell those weapons to pvp/wvw players.

And raids are in fact pve, if you like it or not.And those builds are supposed to be min/maxed to have the smoothest experience (i dont raid at all, been in one after the bosses were cleared once)

And actually gs is one of the best 1v1 weapons for warrior, maybe not solely based on numbers, but like i said, in pvp/wvw you cant just look at the numbers, you have to look at how well they connect to you opponent, and gs3 +f1 are one of the shortest casttimes for warrior, with some of the biggest bursts, ive hit whirlwinds far bigger than the average eviscerates on single targets.Also, gapclosers are a thing that exist on gs.

If my opponents wouldnt try to avoid me and ate all my damage id play axe axe ofc, those numbers on paper are much higher than gs, but not rly applicable to actual wvw/pvp gameplay.

I know that sword/dagger build, but i dont like offhand dagger

@RedShark.9548 said:

Dagger burst is good.

I know that you are arguing from a pve standpoint, that was my whole first post, that you as a pve player were trying to sell those weapons to pvp/wvw players.

That's not true.This isn't a PvP/WvW thread, it's a general Warrior Thread.. so it includes PvE.I even used PvE skill numbers in my original post not PvP/WvW.

And raids are in fact pve, if you like it or not.And those builds are supposed to be min/maxed to have the smoothest experience (i dont raid at all, been in one after the bosses were cleared once)

Raids are a very, very small part of PvE that appeal to a very very very small minority of players.They do not dictate build viability to the entire game mode nor should they be the be all/end all focus for build crafting in PvE.

And actually gs is one of the best 1v1 weapons for warrior, maybe not solely based on numbers, but like i said, in pvp/wvw you cant just look at the numbers, you have to look at how well they connect to you opponent, and gs3 +f1 are one of the shortest casttimes for warrior, with some of the biggest bursts, ive hit whirlwinds far bigger than the average eviscerates on single targets.Also, gapclosers are a thing that exist on gs.

If my opponents wouldnt try to avoid me and ate all my damage id play axe axe ofc, those numbers on paper are much higher than gs, but not rly applicable to actual wvw/pvp gameplay.

My point was only ever about the numbers, and strickly from a PvE view so that's all irrelevant to what I was saying tbh.OP never specified a preferred game mode and as I said above they posted this in the general Warrior section not the Competitive threads.. so having a PvE take was valid to the discussion.These weapons are decent in PvE and the F1's are hardly garbage there.That's all I was pointing out in my original comment.

I know that sword/dagger build, but i dont like offhand dagger

You're not alone, I've seen a number of PvP Warriors express their distaste for it.I've never used it there but I have used it in PvE and I quite like it personally, though I mostly use it for Sun and Moon Style to get some extra sustain from crit heals.Another thing that's pretty poor in PvP modes but I've found to be quite useful in PvE specially when combined with Might Makes Right, Really good sustain potential.